This EASY Cinnamon Roll Gluten Free Low Carb Keto Protein Pancakes recipe is going to be your new favorite breakfast. Who doesn’t want to wake up to cinnamon rolls?!
PIN Cinnamon Roll Gluten Free Low Carb Protein Pancakes recipe
You say “pancakes” and I say I AM IN.
It doesn’t matter what other things you asked, the answer is always yes. Mr. FFF could say “you’re going to make me a sandwich? Pancakes.” And I’ll JUMP AT THE CHANCE.
Just kidding. He is VRY self-sufficient and he never asks me to make him a sandwich. It was just the first example that popped into my brain.
ESPECIALLY if you say “pancakes” combined with CINNAMON ROLLS.
Oh my gosh you guysssss, this pillowy-soft, spicy-sweet and CREAM-CHEESY FROSTING covered low carb pancake recipe is about to give you ALL the breakfast feels. Feels of:
- FULLNESS because this stack of low carb pancakes packs 23g of protein (!!) per serving which is gonna HOLD YOU OVER until lunch
- COZY-COMFINESS because those hypnotic cinnamon spirals are gonna hug your taste buds and remind you of the cinnamon rolls your Grammie baked for you as a child
- TUFF and STRONG, on account these being low carb HIGH PROTEIN pancakes. I can BASICALLY see your muscles growing THROUGH THE SCREEN.
The amount of cinnamon that I can eat is borderline disturbing. You never want to see me eat a bowl of gluten free cinnamon roll overnight oats or cinnamon roll protein oatmeal because it’s pretty much just a sludgy pile of brown cinnamon mixed with a leeeettle bit of oats.
Mr. FFF still makes fun of me EVERY TIME I eat it. You think he’d get over it after almost 6 years of marriage.
You like what you like YOU KNOW?
And this gluten free low carb keto protein pancakes recipe? I LIKE IT A LOT.
How to make pancakes with protein powder
Making pancakes with protein powder is similar to regular pancakes, where you mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, and then whisk them together just before cooking, but you just swap in protein powder for some of the flour. You also will want to increase the butter/oil in the recipe, as protein powder makes pancakes VERY DRY.
Have you ever tried SUPER simple protein pancakes that are just eggs and protein powder?
You’re, liiiike, SO PUMPED to GO TO TOWN on these golden-brown keto pancakes and then you take a bite and it’s like what you imagine eating THE SAHARA DESSERT would be like.
No amount of maple syrup can save you from that kind of BAD breakfast situation.
What can I use instead of whey protein powder?
I haven’t tried this Gluten Free Low Carb Keto Protein Pancakes recipe with any other kind of protein, but I ASSUME you can use a dairy-free protein, and dairy-free yogurt. I just don’t wanna tell you FO SO.
However, I DID try these healthy protein pancakes MANY times, with MANY different ratios of ingredients and this one is the WINNER. If you like your pancakes:
- Sweet and spicy
- PACKED WITH PROTEIN
- WITH FROSTING
Then you’re about to meet you new breakfast BFF.
Honestly pancakes with frosting are going to be the thing you didn’t know you needed. Why have been eating pancakes with SYRUP?
Or with sugar. I confessed this to you in last month’s healthy gluten free paleo sweet potato pancakes.
Can we also talk about the fact that we’re using protein powder to create CINNAMON SPIRALS OF GOODNESS in these Gluten Free Low Carb Keto Protein Pancakes? Like, HOLY, move over healthy protein powder cookie dough, because this might just be the most genius way to use powdery protein this side of the milky way.
These little golden gems of protein and general goodness are going to be lighting up your morning all week long, just telling you RIGHT NOW.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Paleo Banana Pancakes with Coconut Flour
Microwave Peanut Protein Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
Almond Flour Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
For the filling:
For the pancakes:
- 6 Tbsp Low carb vanilla whey isolate protein powder (35g)*
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour, Packed (15g)
- 2 tsp Monkfruit
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup Plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Milk, of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1 Tbsp Ghee, melted (or butter)
For the topping:
- 3 Tbsp Full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 1/2 tsp Monkfruit
- 2-3 tsp Milk, , of choice (to desired consistency)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the protein, cinnamon and monk fruit for the filling. Stir in the water until smooth and combined. Scoop into a small ziploc bag and cut a small tip off the end. Set aside for later.
- Heat up a good, non-stick griddle to medium heat (about 300 degrees) and rub with ghee.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the protein, coconut flour, monkfruit, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk and ghee. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until well combined - the mixture will be much thicker than normal pancakes.
- Use a scant 1/4 cup, pour the batter onto the heated griddle and spread out slightly (they should be around 3 inches wide) You want to keep this a little bit smaller than normal so they flip!
- When the edges begin to set (about 30 seconds-1 minute in) pipe a spiral of the protein/cinnamon mixture on each pancake. Leave about 1/4 inch space on the edge of the pancake so that filling doesn't just slide out onto the griddle! Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gently flip and cook until the other side is golden, another 3-4 minutes.
- While the pancakes cook, place the cream cheese in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the cream cheese just begins to melt, only 5-10 seconds.
- Whisk in the monkfruit, followed by the milk until smooth. You'll need to put some muscle into whisking to get it smooth!
- Serve covered with the cream cheese and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 9
(Per 2 pancakes. Could vary slightly based off your protein powder)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment