Have a fancy dinner on a plate in 15 minutes with this quick and easy, paleo-friendly Chocolate Coffee Rubbed Steak with Coconut. It’s healthy and unique!
The countdown is on.
T- 2 days until the day of pink, cookies, heart and general luuuurrrvvveee related things is upon us.
Side note: can someone PLEASE explain what “T- insert time here” means. I seriously don’t know and just said it cause it sounded like something I should be saying. And, it sounds dramatic and that keeps you interested right? Yes.
So, this steak is MEGA EASY. Like I am almost embarrassed to share it with you kind of easy, but you don’t mind right? I mean, theres coconut, spice, coffee AND chocolate so I figured your face would be like “yum,” and you would forgive me for sharing something so easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Don’t put lemons in it though. That’s just cray.
Are you judging me saying “cray?” I’m judging myself.
I’m not sure how we got from steak >> lemons >> cray, but it seems to happen a lot.
Back to steak.
If you’re like me and don’t like going out to eat on Valentines Day, because you don’t want to sell your right arm to afford dinner and a cocktail, I’ve got you covered. It’s highly likely that you have everything you need in your pantry and it takes about .005 seconds to mix some spices and rub ’em on a big ‘ol hunk of meat. Dinner on plate in under 15 minutes AND it looks fancy. Uhm, yes please.
Plus, I’m pretty sure that almost every single ingredient in the spice rub is an aphrodisiac. Love. Valentines. Aphrodisiac. You are picking up what I am putting down.
Can we all agree that this should be happening to your Valentines day dinnah plates?
Because, eating with one arm? Yea, that be hard.
Chocolate Coffee Rubbed Steak with Coconut
- 2 Lb New York Strip steaks about 1
- For the rub:
- 1 tsp Ground coffee
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes for garnishing
- Combine the rub ingredients in amedium bowland set aside.
- Cut any large, visible chunks of fat off the steak and coat it with the rub. Really get in there and make sure the steak is well covered.
- Cover the steak and let it sit for at least an hour in the refrigerator, preferably longer to really infuse the flavour in.
- Spray a grill pan (or a regular pan) with cooking spray and preheat on high heat. Also, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the steak until it is nice and seared on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking until it has reached the desired level of done-ness.
- Once the steak is cooked, transfer to a plate and cover with tinfoil to rest for 5-7 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, toast the coconut flakes on a small, parchment paper lined baking tray.Watch closely as they only take 1 or 2 minutes to get nice and and golden.
- Serve the steak topped with the toasted coconut flakes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
Want more paleo dinners?
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!