These oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese are tossed with balsamic reduction for a quick, easy and healthy side dish!
PIN oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese
Updated 11/9/17. Originally posted nov 10/2014
WELL. It’s finally time to tell you my REALLY BAD, but also REALLY REALLY good all the SAME TIME, news.
I broke my camera. Well, I didn’t break it. It actually broke itself.
It ate my memory card. I guess I wasn’t feeding it enough?
And I’m a food blogger who always has TOO MUCH FOOD. Oh, the irony.
You know what though? I decided to CARPE DIEM (please tell me that means something along the lines of “seize the moment”) so I brought a SUPER fancy new camera. And a super fancy new lens.
It also means that I am debating moving into a cardboard box to cut utility bills a little. But at least I’ll have extra-pretty pictures to keep me warm right? Right.
So, these here photos of roasted balsamic brussels sprouts are the first with aforementioned fancy-pants-camera-ness. But, you won’t see it being used for a little bit. Because, confession time, I work A LOT. A LOT as in too much…which means that I have already taken photos of recipes that are going up in January.
Now you peeps that follow me on Instagram know why you’ll see a sneak peak of a recipe, but then not see the recipe posted for eleventy billion years later.
Anyway. Enough about cameras. We have roasty, toasty, kinda crunchy, but perfectly soft, creamy and full of NUMS, oven roasted Brussels sprouts to shovel into our mouths by the barrel full.
Confession time, the sequel: I JUST (as in RIGHT NOW, thanks to spell check) learned that Brussels sprouts has an “s” in the end. I have been depriving it of its little “s” friend for 23 years.
I’m a terrible human.
However, I am pretty sure these rolly, polly, little green vegetal oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese will forgive me.
Well, you might be a little peeved at the whole cheese + hair = notsofun of a combo. But, I know that after tasting this balsamic brussels sprouts recipe, you’d come around eventually.
How to roast brussel sprouts 101:
- Cut the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and then pull off any of the leaves that fall off or are brown. I usually set these aside for roasting because they get SUPER crunchy and are SO addictingly YUM.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half vertically – if they are REALLY big brussels, cut the halves into half again.
- Place them into a bowl and drizzle with JUST enough olive oil for them to have a nice sheen. If they are too oily then your sprouts will be SOGGY not CRISPY
- Place in an EVEN layer – use a big pan so they don’t over lap – and roast them at 400 degrees.
- Roast them for about 25-30 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. You need to stir them every 10-12 minutes to make sure they don’t burn!
Or, if you’re trendy you could make crispy air fryer brussels sprouts!
So, you wanna hear something funny about these oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts? Of course you do. I am pretty sure that I have the weirdest will power around. I can make 4 zillion paleo brownies, and just eat a bite of each to determine if I like them or not, and then move along.
I did a little bit of fork –> oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese –> face action, decided that they were tasty and that I should stop eating because there were more recipes to develop.
But. I. Just. Kept. Picking.
Mr. FFF was like “Why don’t you just all the baked oven roasted brussels sprouts already?” to which I responded “But what kind of normal person can stop eating paleo brownies, but not a recipe for roasted brussel sprouts”
“…since we did we establish that you’re normal.” HE SPEAKS TROOF.
*Eats ALL the Roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction.*
OH. BTW. He claimed these “Addictive” and wished there was MORE. Coming from a man that only eats cereal, this was happy new to my green-things loving heart.
For the Balsamic Reduction I used Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar, as I LOVE the stuff, and drizzle it on almost ALL the things. The reduction really is the SHOW STOPPA of our earth-dwelling friends. Just give ‘er a long, slowwww simmer and let it reduce into thick, sweet, syrupy goodness.
Please tell me I am not the only one trying to keep my taste buds from exploding right OFF my FACE.
I promise you this:
If you don’t find somewaysomehow to stick cheesy, goodness that is also full of health (WUT WUT), also known as these oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese, into your dinner plans this week (read: like, TONIGHT) I will be forced to shoot you with my Brussels Sprouts Green Machine.
And, trust me, since I don’t even know what it is. It can’t be good.
Don’t provoke me.
oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with Goat Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the trimmed Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and garlic until well coated. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the Brussels around and continue baking until brown and crispy, about 10 more minutes.
- Spread the almonds out onto a small baking sheet and place into the oven with the Brussels, just until they lightly brown, about 5-7 minutes. Take out and set aside.
- While the Brussels sprouts roast, combine the Balsamic Vinegar and honey in a small pan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Then, reduce the heat to med or med//low so that the vinegar is just lightly simmering. Simmer until reduced by half, and the vinegar coats the back of the spoon, about 10 minutes.* Set aside to thicken and cool while the Brussels finish roasting.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done, transfer them into a serving bowl and toss with the Balsamic reduction, toasted almonds and goat cheese.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
This post is sponsored by Pompeian, as I am part of their #PantryInsiders, but all opinions remain 100% my own.
Want more Balsamic Vinegar goodness?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!