This Paleo Low Carb Keto Beef and Broccoli is an EASY, one-pot weeknight meal that even picky eaters will love! So much better than takeout too!
PIN Paleo Low Carb Keto Beef and Broccoli
Beef and BWOCCOLI.
Is anyone else still 5 years old on the inside and likes to pronounce broccoli like that or is that just me?
Maybe don’t answer that.
We’re continuing the Asian whole30 train after yesterdays sesame chicken and paleo gluten free healthy sweet and sour chicken with yet another takeout fakeout recipe that is close to my heart. I hope you’re not getting lost among the sea of paleo orange chicken, firecracker pineapple chicken and mango chicken, ‘cause I have some MORE takeout inspired recipes coming for you SOON.
Like, uhhh, TOMORROW.
But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves because we have a low carb stir fry chock FULL of tender, juicy beef and tender-crisp veggies, swirling with spicy-salty and UMAMI rich sauce to DEVOUR for dinner.
See also: what really IS umami and why are people saying it so much these days? I probably didn’t even use it right, but I wanted you to think I was a cool and hip person, not like the reality where I am typing this to you at 5pm still in my pajamas. #REALLIFE
This here paleo beef and broccoli is not like the curry beef and broccoli we ate last year. That one was me trying to be super creative and not feeding you something traditional. Kind of like that time I fed you green curry chicken bowls with watermelon. <– Yes, I bring that up a lot only because I am STILL questioning how that was actually SO tasty.
But, sometime, you just want CLASSIC. SIMPLE. TRADISH kind of flavor you know? And this STUPID EASY, one-pot-kinda-weeknight healthy beef and broccoli is delivering JUST that.
Plus, it also happens to be a LOW carb beef stir fry that is paleo A-N-D whole30 friendly.
Just when you thought you were doomed to 30 days eating only eggs, you find yourself in a magical and TASTY keto stir fry situation.
What is the best beef for stir fry?
This might be up for debate, but I personally think that flank steak or skirt steak are your best bet for stir frying and making low-carb and paleo beef and broccoli, just make sure you slice them across the grain or you will end up with tough beef! Slice it thin and these cuts will cook in a JIFFY.
Another key is to marinate the beef so that it is not only full of that UMAMI flavor, that we don’t even know what we’re talking about but know its good, and stays SUPER tender.
How to Make Beef and Broccoli
When I tell you that this paleo low carb keto beef and broccoli is EASY to make, I am not even lying to you one little bit.
- Marinate your thinly sliced beef in coconut aminos (or soy sauce) garlic and ginger.
- Sautee your broccoli in a little bit of avocado oil. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook that juicy beef! Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle!
- Add in the broccoli and sauce and simmer for just a minute or so (you want to keep it juicy and saucy!)
Did you even know it was that easy? Do you feel weird for paying for takeout now that you can make it pretty much with your eyes closed?
Don’t actually try that though.
I don’t want no beef and broccoli law suit on my hands. ?
Other Recipes You Might Like
Paleo Low Carb Keto Beef and Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Coconut aminos, divided (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced and divided
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced and divided
- 8 Oz Flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Avocado oil, divided
- 2 1/2 Cups Broccoli, cut into large florets
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Green onion, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cooked cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp of the coconut aminos, along with 1/2 tsp each of the garlic and ginger. Place the beef into the marinade and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil up in a large pan on medium heat. Add in the broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until it just begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the rest of the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the broccoli is tender, but crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Once cooked, transfer the broccoli to a plate. Turn up the temperature to medium/high and add in the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Add in the marinated beef and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Stir the broccoli back in.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rest of the coconut aminos, the broth and the sesame oil. Pour it into the pan and cook until it JUST begins to thicken, about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. You don't want to cook it too long as you want it to be saucy! Season with salt to taste.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with green onion and sesame seeds.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:8 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!