This Paleo Low Carb Keto Beef and Broccoli is an EASY, one-pot weeknight meal that even picky eaters will love! So much better than takeout!
Beef and BWOCCOLI.
Is anyone else still 5 years old on the inside and likes to pronounce broccoli like that or is that just me?
Maybe don’t answer that.
We’re continuing the Asian whole30 train after yesterdays sesame chicken and paleo gluten free healthy sweet and sour chicken with yet another takeout fakeout recipe that is close to my heart. I hope you’re not getting lost among the sea of paleo orange chicken, firecracker pineapple chicken and mango chicken, ‘cause I am sure there will be more takeout inspired recipes SOON!
Why you’ll LOVE this Recipe
I’m obsessed with stir fries. Chinese zucchini spicy stir fry, spicy thai basil stir fry, bring them all to me and I’ll be so happy. Today’s beef and broccoli recipe keto is a delicious but also healthy take on traditional beef and broccoli! Its carefully marinated beef slices are tender as can be, and combined with the bold flavor and perfectly cooked, nutrient rich broccoli-seriously, what’s NOT to love?! It also boasts being a great keto meal, is paleo compliant, and is whole30 friendly too! It’s the perfect meal for a busy weeknight because it is ridiculously simple to throw together and will be a crowd pleaser, even for kids and the pickiest of eaters!
Healthy Swaps in this Recipe
For this keto broccoli and beef, I decided to switch out some of the traditional ingredients to make it a bit better for you. When you switch out ingredients for healthier ones, that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice taste, texture OR flavor! Here are the simple changes I made:
- Coconut Aminos: Instead of soya sauce, I used coconut aminos for this recipe. It’s soy, wheat, and gluten free, making it the perfect substitution for soya sauce when cooking for people with dietary needs.
- Reduced- sodium Beef Broth: A little less salt if you’re trying to cut down!
- Cauliflower rice: This delicious, nutritious, low-carb option is great for those following the keto diet or just wanting to cut down on carbs a bit. Check out how to make cauliflower rice for some simply ways to whip it up!
Keto Beef and Broccoli Ingredients
Just like my beef with garlic sauce, this flavorful dish uses wholesome ingredients that you may already have in your fridge and pantry. Here’s what you’ll need to pull together before we get going on this recipe:
- Coconut Aminos
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Garlic
- Flank Steak
- Avocado Oil
- Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- Cooked Cauliflower Rice
How to make Keto Beef and Broccoli
Marinate your thinly sliced beef in coconut aminos (or soy sauce) garlic and ginger.
Sautee your broccoli in a little bit of avocado oil. Transfer to a plate.
Cook that juicy beef! Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle! Add in the broccoli and sauce and simmer for just a minute or so (you want to keep it juicy and saucy!)
Garnish with green onions and serve this delicious beef and broccoli over some hot rice of your choice!
Keto Beef and Broccoli Recipe FAQ
This delicious broccoli and beef recipe is Keto partly because it is loaded with protein- the beef broth and beef slices are full of it. It is also recommended to be served over cauliflower rice which is a low carb alternative to white rice.
This might be up for debate, but I personally think that flank steak or skirt steak are your best bet for stir frying and making beef and broccoli. One tip I would give, though, it just make sure you slice them across the grain or you will end up with tough beef! Slice it thin and these cuts will cook in a JIFFY.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 1/4 Cup Coconut aminos, divided (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced and divided
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced and divided
- 8 Oz Flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Avocado oil, divided
- 2 1/2 Cups Broccoli, cut into large florets
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Green onion, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cooked cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp of the coconut aminos, along with 1/2 tsp each of the garlic and ginger. Place the beef into the marinade and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil up in a large pan on medium heat. Add in the broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until it just begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the rest of the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the broccoli is tender, but crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Once cooked, transfer the broccoli to a plate. Turn up the temperature to medium/high and add in the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Add in the marinated beef and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Stir the broccoli back in.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rest of the coconut aminos, the broth and the sesame oil. Pour it into the pan and cook until it JUST begins to thicken, about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. You don’t want to cook it too long as you want it to be saucy! Season with salt to taste.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with green onion and sesame seeds.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:8 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!