These Easy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies come together in less than an hour and are SO dense and chewy! Paleo friendly, healthy and SO tasty!
PIN Easy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies
Gluten free brownies! Get your EASY gluten free brownies!
Right here. RIGHT NOW. In JUST over a half hour.
Don’t you feel silly for all the times your child didn’t tell you that you had to bring a dessert to school that VERY day, so you had to drive all the way to the store to buy a BOXED mix and the whole ordeal ended up taking over an hour, when you REALLY could have made (better!) brownies FROM SCRATCH in under an hour?
2 things to note: one: longest run on sentence of the universe
Two: was I the only child that ever did that to her Mom? Sorry Mom. Muah! <3
Brownies are one of those things, like paleo chicken salad, that people have RLY RLY strong opinions on. Like the kind of strong opinions that can start arguments at family dinner. <– Might be an exaggeration, but MAYBE NOT?
People are either in camp cakey brownie or camp dense and chewy and FUDGY BROWNIE.
That’s kind of a long manta though. I bet you’ve never seen that cross-stitched into a pillow.
Regardless of length, it is MY truth and also the TRUTH about this dairy free brownie recipe, which is actually the recipe that inspires the flourless gluten free chocolate cookies that also taste like a brownie!
Boy oh boy oh booooooy. Your chocolate-loving-mouths are not even going to KNOW what hit them my internet friends.
But, just to make sure we’re all clear, what hit them is gluten free dairy free brownies. Not trying any funny business here.
After MUCH testing and quality control (it’s a TOUGH job, but someone has to do it) I determined that the 1-2 punch of cocoa powder, chocolate chips and an extra egg yolk is going to be the answer to all your brownie-making dreams in the sense that it’s just so perfect and indulgent and chocolatey and GOOD.
Don’t resist adding the extra egg yolk, it is there for a REASON. It makes these paleo brownies SUPER fudgy and you would be doing yourself a disservice to deprive yourself of such awesome.
See also: if you want to make these even better, add some coconut and make paleo toasted coconut brownies!
Is Cocoa Powder Dairy Free?
Contrary to what it sounds like, cocoa powder (and cocoa butter!) SHOULD be dairy free. Just make sure you buy a brand that is labeled 100% Cocoa and check the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t say “traced of dairy” if you are highly sensitive/allergic to it!
I am pretty positive that these are the kind of gluten free dairy free brownies that have some kind of magic baked in them because I forgot some in the fridge when we went away for 2 weeks at Christmas and when I came back? STILL GOOD.
Just had to pop ‘em in the microwave for a few seconds and I was crumbling paleo brownies up on my ice cream (!!!) like the brownie-loving-soul that I am.
If chewy brownies are the name, then eating them is my game.
Prediction: I think you’re gonna want to join our team too.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Easy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the sugar and oil just until the sugar is moistened. Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and beat until JUST combined, only about 20 seconds or so. You don't want to beat too much air into the batter or the brownies will sink when cooking.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir (by hand) until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan. It is VERY thick so I found using VERY lightly damp hands to work the best. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 26-28 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing.**
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per brownie, based on the recipe making 16)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!