This Healthy Protein Powder Cookie Dough requires only 5 simple ingredients and is gluten free, paleo/vegan friendly and ready in 5 minutes! It packs 20g of protein so eat the whole bowl!
It’s my birthday and I’ll eat cookie dough if I wannnnaaaaaaa.
Just kidding. It’s not MY birthday. It’s FFF’s 5th Birthday!
And it’s not today. It’s tomorrow. Buuuut, we don’t hang out on the weekends, so we’re gonna celebrate today, ya dig?
I figured if I lured you in with a healthy cookie dough recipe you would see it my way.
I’m gonna let you in on a little slice of my real-food-blogger-life for a sec:
After a LONG day of testing fancy recipes and making said recipes look EXTRA fancy and supppppper yummy and pretty, I usually don’t actually FEEL like eating fancy “grown up” food like a bowl of vegan coconut curry with sweet potato noodles or low carb whole30 paleo salmon cakes, or something like that.
I meannnnnn, I’m not over here wasting food or anything, so we DO eat whatever I made that day for dinner but, if I have an “off day” my food habits look something like this:
- Breakfast: Easy Cinnamon Roll Gluten Free Low Carb Keto Protein Pancakes
- Snack: Nut butter on crackers (lately it’s been this crazy amazing cookie dough almond butter recipe)
- Lunch: Ham, cheese, pickle and mustard sandwich. WHICH IS THE BEST SANDWICH EVER.
You know I’m not wrong.
- Dinner: PB & J toast with some random protein source that I find lurking in the back of the fridge.
- Bedtime snack: THIS healthy protein powder cookie dough.
So, basically, my inner soul longs to eat like a 5 year old. NOT MAD ABOUT IT.
Since you know I’m O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with cookie dough (it literally says it beside my face on the right side of the screen) I figured this would be the most OPTIMAL time to share this EASY to the MAX protein cookie dough recipe with you, in honor of FFF turning FIVE TOMORROW. <— Especially since Mr. FFF and I both agreed that it kinda tastes like a mix between chocolate chip cookie dough and birthday cake flavored cookie dough. YESSSSSSSSSS.
I cannot even believe I have making food and nattering about who-knows-what at you guys for 5 years and that you STILL COME BACK.
SRSLY love you.
Almost as much as I love this SUPAH high protein cookie dough. <– KIDDING. I love you more.
Anyway. This cookie dough is made of 5-6 ingredients (depending what you have on hand) and comes together in only 5 MINUTES. Plus, you get the snacking satisfaction of eating the WHOLE bowl of it.
Plus, we’re answering the age old question of how to use protein powder so it’s also packing a WHOLLOP of 20g of protein (!!!!) depending on what protein powder you use.
Don’t be alarmed or anything, but I can see your muscles GROWING through the SCREEN. RIGHT NOW.
What kind of protein powder do you use to make healthy protein powder cookie dough?
Don’t lie. You know EXACTLY what raw cookie dough should feel like.
I personally think you should RESIST the EXTRME urge to eat this RIGHT AWAY and let this cookie dough chill for at least 5 minutes in the fridge, before you shovel it into your cookie-monster face.
It reallllly gives it that AUTHENTIC chocolate chip cookie dough “believability” if you know what I mean.
However, you will not be judged if you do not wait. I 100% understand YOU.
Now friends, thank you for sticking around for 5 years. Here’s to 5 more magical years of nattering, eating and being the best interwebz-friends we could be!
Go forth into the weekend with a bowl of healthy cookie dough in hand.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Healthy Protein Powder Cookie Dough
- 5 Tbsp Vanilla protein powder, of choice (30g) *
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (6g)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Butter extract (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 Tbsp Dairy Free Mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the protein, coconut flour and sea salt.
- Add in the applesauce, almond mil and butter extract. Stir until fluffy and mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- DEVOUR right away, or chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(Based off whey protein – could vary depending on your protein powder)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!