This easy Thai Mango Avocado Salad has grilled sweet potatoes and a tangy dressing! A healthy summer side that is gluten free, paleo and whole30 friendly!
PIN Thai Mango Avocado Salad
Fresh mangos are really hit and miss for me.
In THOSE things I like it. If it’s got some kind of smoky or spicy or really savory element to it, I’M INTO IT.
Go figure, right? My taste buds are confused sometimes.
This mango and avocado salad though? NO CONFUSION. Just hardcore, unadulterated, straight up LOVE for the sweet juicy bursts of mango with the smooth and creamy avocado, fresh cucumber and mint, tender & SMOKY sweet potato and that salty-tangy lime juice/fish sauce combo that seals ALL the flavors profiles in a pretty-much-perfect bow on the tip of your tongue.
The flavors are kind of like if the larb gai Thai chicken skillet and roasted sweet potato salad with chicken and mango chipotle vinaigrette had a VERY delicious baby.
Let’s just ignore how creepy/awkward/insane that sentence sounds and move on.
What can I serve with this Thai mango salad?
This mango salad is one of those Summer side dishes that you could honestly eat for every meal. Although it’s got some very Thai flavors going on, it pretty much works as the supporting role to any chicken, beef, fish ETC that you could throw onto a plate and gobble up.
Here are a few things that I like to serve it with:
- Indian Paleo Chicken Kebabs. Like I said, mango with curry? YESSSSS.
- Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Use it to add some volume to some Caribbean Chicken bowls. (SO TROPICAL RIGHT NOW
- Easy Jerk Chicken with Pineapple (SO TROPICAL, the sequel)
See? ENDLESS OPTIONS when a mango salad recipe is on the menu. Don’t even be surprised if it moves from “supporting role” to “star of the show” because the smoky-sweet-salty-FRESH flavor combos happening in your mouth?
UGH SO GOOD YOU GUYS.
Let’s talk cutting mangos for a second.
I used to be SO AFRAID to do this until I met Mr. FFF. He grew up partially in Nepal for missions (did I tell you this?) so he is a mango-cutting PRO. He taught me the (VERY) easy way to do so.
How to cut a mango
- Find the “eye” of the mango, which is the small indent at the face of the mango. The seed is RIGHT behind this, so cut your slices (called the mango cheeks!) about ¼ inch to the side of each eye!
- Take those 2 slices in the palm of your hand and use a small sharp knife to slice parallel slices (make sure you don’t slice through the skin into your hand!)
- Turn the mango and slice across those slices, to make cubes!
- Use a large, sharp-sided spoon and run it along the edges of the mango. The cubes should come right out ready to make this Thai mango avocado salad!
I can only image all the mango goodness that is on your food-eating horizons this summer.
Just make sure this salad is right there with them too, kay?
I also shared the Thai Mango Avocado Salad with Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe on Food Fanatic, so be sure to check it out there!
Other recipes you might like:
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 4. Points+: 5. Old Points: 3
(per 1/4 of the salad)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!