This mango chicken is served over coconut cauliflower rice for a quick, easy and healthy spin on take-out that is ready in 30 mins! It’s whole 30 approved and paleo friendly too!
It’s 2016 GUYS! Just. Like. That. It’s a whole new YEAR.
It boggles my mind every New Year. I mean, I go to bed and – POOF – I wake up and I have to learn to write a new date. Which, I probably won’t even fully remember to do until the NEXT New Year, only to have to re-re-learn it again.
Did you have a super fun New Year’s Eve? As I told you over a (few) cranberry cocktails, I spent it A-L-O-N-E, with a bowl of paleo orange chicken, because I am a victim of the has-a-husband-who-works-graveyard shift disease and Mr. FFF had to go out and earn the bread. Or dough? Or whatever.
Buubuubutttt, let’s not discuss the sad-dark-cloud SOML’s anymore right? Let’s move onto happy SOMLs (and we will also stop saying SOML I pinky promise) liiiiike how my takeout-loving self has been craving this crispy-crunchy chicken, coated with thiiick and spicy-sweet sauce for the last eleventy billion meals of my LIFE.
Like I just can’t stop obsessive-person thinking about the CRUNCH. The CRUNCH that is so crunch-tastic (?) that you can HEAR it as your teeth nibble town into tender chicken and your taste buds get PUNCHED in their tiny little faces with a burst of juicy-fresh mango sweetness and little pops of spicy habanero pepper and tender, sauteed cauliflower rice. <–Or you could steam it or microwave it if it’s easier (you can see how to cook cauliflower rice all 4 ways that I love!)
This flavor combo, which I discovered in some Mango Curry Homemade BBQ Sauce, is the best combination EVER.
Give me a T (say t) Give me an E (E!)
XTURE. Because I’m lazy and don’t want to waste time pretending I’m an internet-land cheerleader when we could be can’t-stop-the-poppin’ chicken into our hungry, healthier-takeout loving faces.
P.s Takeout. Like you know the one that big order of Paleo gluten free healthy sweet and sour chicken that you only usually get on Fridays and then you feel about 600.43 pounds heavier after consuming it, and you say you’ll never do it again….until next Friday happens and you forget that you ever said that? Like that. But x56.7 better for you and eaten on a MONDAY.
Because you just whipped this chicken up in 30 MINUTES like a straight up dinner BOSS.
In other exciting news: WHOLE 30. <— This recipe is approved for you brave souls who are doing THAT and need some whole30 dinners. Which is probs a lot of you because NEW YEARS GOALS. I will have you know that, although the willpower-force is with me typically, it is not strong enough to resist being able to eat cookie dough overnight oats. So, I CAN’T DO IT. But, if you’re doing it, I WANT TO BE YOU WHEN I GROW UP.
Also. Notice the hip and trendy Star Wars-y reference. That is me trying to live a make-believe life where I actually leave my house and know what all the cool kids are watching.
Other exciting news, the sequel: This is the first recipe in Whole 30 dinner recipe week! I’ll be bringing you warriors 2 more recipes – one on Wednesday and on Friday. Mostly because I did look in depth at the “approved food” list and it seemed like ya’ll are going to live off chicken and eggs for 30 days. Soooooo, variety. Just. For you.
I got yo’ back.
You know what I also got? Golden brown morsels of crispy chicken, wrapped in sweetsweet saucy goodness, on the brain.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Similar recipes you might like
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Whole 30 Mango Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
This mango chicken is served over coconut cauliflower rice for a quick, easy and healthy spin on take-out that is ready in 30 mins! It's whole 30 approved and paleo friendly too!
For the sauce:
For the chicken:
For the cauliflower rice:
- 3 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 a Large mango cut into cubes
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Diced Green Onion
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt 1 1/2 tsps of the coconut oil for the sauce. Add in the ginger,garlic and habanero pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add in the remaining coconut oil, juice and coconut aminos. Raise the temperature to high heat and bring to a boil. Additionally, place the tapioca flour in a small bowl.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, add 2 tsps of it to the bowl with the tapioca flour and whisk until smooth. While stirring constantly, pour the tapioca mixture into the sauce and boil for 2 minutes.
- After the sauce as boiled, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces by about 1/4 and becomes shiny, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to let it cool and thicken while you make the chicken.
- Place the tapioca flour into a large ziploc bag and season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken into the bag and shake around until evenly coated in the flour.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Place half of the chicken into the pan, being careful not to crowd it, and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and blot off an excess oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken. If the chicken starts cooking too fast, turn the heat down a little bit.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cauliflower into a large food processor and process until broken down and "rice-like"
- heat the 2 tsps of coconut oil up in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the cauliflower and coconut flakes. Cook until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 2-4 minutes. *
- Transfer the chicken and mango cubes into the bowl with the sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide the chicken and cauliflower between two plates and garnish with cilantro, green onion and sesame seeds.
* This is also really good with just steamed cauliflower rice if you don't want to add the extra oil
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 9 POINTS+: 16. OLD POINTS: 14
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more easy Paleo dinners?
Paleo Chicken Takeout from around the web:
Chinese Almond Chicken – Wicked Spatula
Paleo Cashew Chicken – A Saucy Kitchen
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!