Thought you might want to know that this smoky-sweet, protein-packed lunch is sponsored by my friends over at Flatout!
This healthy, smoky-sweet grilled mango chicken wrap has ginger cauliflower rice, jalapeno and spinach! It’s a quick and easy portable meal that’s big on flavor!
This post comes with a disclaimer:
When you bite into the juicy, smoky-sweet grilled mango that is rolled inside this flavor BOMB of a wrap, and the juice trickles down your chin, and all over your uniform…
I take ZERO responsibility for the way you co-workers look at you funny.
You know they’re just looking at their sad little healthy egg salad grilled cheese sandwich and WISHING that your wrap full of veggies and magical, tropical vibes would appear instead.
I don’t typically advise you to make people jealous of you.
But, when it’s for the good and joy and LOVE of your taste buds?
HIGHLY HIGHLY advising it.
If you’ve been following along with the Mexican Sweet Potato Noodle Wrap and “Honey” Garlic Roasted Chickpeas wrap that we have been putting inside our starving faces all week long, you might be really sad right now.
Becauseeeee you would know that this wrap is the LAST in the “wrap week” that Flatout Bread and I have been bringing your back-to-school-lunch-needing selves ALL week long.
Don’t worry. We’re ending the week TASTY.
I don’t even know where to begin with all the yumminess that is stuffed, jammed and CRAMMED inside this Flatout ProteinUp CarbDown flatbread wrap. There is just SO MANY GOOD THINGS HAPPENING HERE GUYS.
But, first, the elephant in the room: my obsession with the combination that is sweet, juicy mangos and tender, muscle-PUMPIN’ chicken.
Are you mad about it?[Tweet “Add a tropical twist to lunch with a Grilled Mango Chicken Cauliflower Rice Wrap! @FlatoutBread”]
I didn’t think so.
N-O-W I can tell you about the fresh cauliflower rice that gets sautéed to lightly-golden-brown, crispy perfection with a dose of warm, fragrant ginger and a spicy POP of jalapenos. Use a HEAVY hand to toss in some green onion and cilantro (double the herbs for me please!) and taste the food happiness that swirls around your mouth as your tongue tastes each juicy mango slice, and then gets hit with the needed PUNCH of jalapeno heat to all the SWEET.
And we haven’t even gotten to the chicken yet.
Don’t be fooled by your inner-wrong-thinking self and let it think “it’s just grilled chicken with salt and pepper. SO BASIC right now Taylor.”
As we discussed, that is NOT FACT.
It may be basic. It may just be grilled chicken. BUT it’s the needed chewy, tender protein PUMP that really rounds this wrap out to a HIGH level of perfect-portable-meal-perfection that will actually keep your hungry belly from rumbling ALL AFTERNOON. Liiiike, until dinner.
No hangry you is going to happen.
Mid-afternoon slump? NOT FOR YOU.
Another thing that you need to crush? Coconut chips.
Don’t actually crush them though, sprinkle them. Like, ALL. OVER. THIS. WRAP.
Ps. Extra sprinkling in the general area of your mouth? Also recommended.
And, no, do not fool yourself into thinking that coconut flakes are just as good and you can pretend that flakes and chips are basically equals beings in the coconut-food-world.
Typically, I am a total coconut inclusivist. BUT NOT TODAY. We are NOT including coconut flakes in these wraps my lovely little hungry-human friends.
They are not equal and they are NOT as delicious.
You know what a sprinkling of toasty, lightly-sweet coconut chips ARE equal to though?
Love and magic and deliciousness and HEALTHY alllll over your current lunch happenings.
Always the crunch.
Grilled Mango Chicken Cauliflower Rice Wrap
- 4 Oz chicken breast half a large breast
- 1/2 A large mango sliced into spears
- 2 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tsp Coconut oil + additional for brushing on the mango/grill
- 2 Tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 Cup Jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sliced green onion packed
- 2 Flatout ProteinUP CarbDown SeaSalt & Crushed Black Pepper OR Core12 Flatbread Wraps (use the Flatout gluten free wrap if needed)
- 2 Tbsp Toasted coconut chips
- Rub your grill with coconut oil and heat on medium heat.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill until no longer pink inside, about 4-5 minutes per side (flip it once.)
- Rub the mango spears with coconut oil and, at the same time that you place the chicken on the grill, place them on the grill as well. Cook until nice grill marks form, flipping once. This takes about 2-3 minutes per side (your mango will be done earlier than your chicken.) Transfer the chicken and mango to a plate.
- While everything is grilling, place the cauliflower into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) until "rice-like."
- Heat the coconut oil up in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add in the ginger and cook until fragrant, only about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Turn the heat down to medium and adding the cauliflower rice and and diced jalapeno. Stir around the coat the cauliflower in the oil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is lightly golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer the cauliflower rice to a medium bowl and stir in the cilantro and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between the two wraps. Slice the chicken and divide it as well, followed by the mango spears.
- Top each wrap with 1 Tbsp of the coconut chips, roll up tight and DEVOUR.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FLATOUT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Flatout Flatbread on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 8 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy wraps?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!