Just wanted to let you know that this no-more-sad-desk-lunches recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Flatout!
This healthy, gluten free chicken burrito bowl recipe can be made ahead of time, so it’s ready to go for busy days. It’s a dairy-free delicious desk lunch option!
Let’s do a hop, skip and JUMP right onto the meal prep bandwagon!
Fo’ realz my internet friends, I feel like everywhere I go (read: Pinterest) these meal-prep-magical bowls full of love and sparkles are THERE.
And By “full of love and sparkles” I mean full of REALLY good food (like these sausage and brussels sprouts meal prep bowls!) that is SUPER portable and is banishing ALL the sad desk lunches you’ve experienced in your real-person life, into sad food OBLIVION.
Which is OBVI a VRY VRY good thing.
Another VERY good thing is Mexican food. I mean, we JUST had that Mexican Shakshuka recipe on FRIDAY. As in two days ago!
I told you. I feel like I need to make up ALL the years of not eating Mexican food in my youth. I WAS NOT lyin’.
A-L-S-O can you imagine eating a MEXICAN meal prep bowl at your desk on Cinco De Mayo? Doesn’t just THINKING about that very moment make you feel like un ultra-prepared-planner person who has got this “adulting” thing SO nailed down that you even eat THEMED food on special holidays?
I want to be you when I grow up.
But, let’s talk food.
The dish on what is in these dishes is, well, spicy and zesty and full of crispy-crunchy-chewy flavors in the way that ALL good Mexican eats are.
No margaritas though. I don’t think those are “desk lunch” approved. Your boss may have a bone to pick me with if I suggested them.
Anyway.[clickToTweet tweet=”Make your meal prep game strong with these #glutenfree Chicken Burrito Bowls! @FlatoutBread” quote=”Make your meal prep game strong with these #glutenfree Chicken Burrito Bowls! @FlatoutBread” theme=”style2″]
Last week’s Instant Pot cilantro lime rice nestles it’s chewy, tender little self among cubes of juicy, taco-seasoned chicken, garlicky onions and pepper, spicy-salsa, a creamy PUNCH of zesty, lime-infused avocado AND this E-P-I-C crunch from Flatout Bread taco crispies!
Taco crispies. The newest latest and greatest thing to ever happen this side of meal prep.
Think of if tortilla chips and tacos had a baby. THAT is what these addictive little Flatout Taco Crispies are like.
Plus they add that mega addicting CRUNCH that just. Won’t. QUIT.
Yep. Food HEAVEN.
When your mouth tingles with bursts of tangy lime and creamy avocado and your taste buds dance around with spicy-taco goodness, it’s gonna make you think of all those VERY delicious and VERY happy times when you got to go out and eat a chipotle burrito bowl.
EXCEPT at YOUR DESK. No driving to Chipotle and spend your hard earned dolla billz REQUIRED.
How could one have a bad day when a container full of HEALTHY, Mexican food BLISS is awaiting them. Not even the boss getting mad when he catches you scrolling through Facebook could get YOU DOWN.
Not that you guys do that or anything. I know that you are 110% dedicated to WORK while at work…right?
However, if that’s not the case. I totally support you.
As long as your dedication lies in getting on board the meal prep bandwagon, and taking a trip to Mexican FLAVAH town.
Hold onto your taste buds.
It’s gonna be a WILD ride
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
For the rice:
For the chicken:
- 1 Pound Chicken breast
- 4 tsp Taco Seasoning (click for the homemade recipe I use)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
For the bowls:
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large Red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Large Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup Avocado, mashed (about 1 small avocado)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 3/4 Cup Salsa, of choice
- 1/2 Cup Corn (thawed if frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the 1 cup of rice according to package directions, adding a pinch of salt. Once cooked, stir in the cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of pepper and fluff with a fork.
- Lightly pat the moisture off the chicken and rub with the taco seasoning. Heat the oil up in a large, oven-proof pan over high heat. Place the chicken breasts in and cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Once both sides are done, place into the oven until no longer pink inside, about 20-25 minutes.
- Place the Flatout on a cookie sheet and rub with oil. Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and gently rub in evenly. Slice the Flatout in half width-ways and then slice each half into 1/2 inch strips. Place onto the cookie sheet and bake until crunchy, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil up in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add in the peppers, onion and garlic and cook until tender and golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place the avocado, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl and mash together. Divide between 4 storage containers, followed by the corn and the salsa.
- Divide the rice between the storage containers. Then, slice the chicken and divide between the containers as well.
- Divide the chips between 4 small, snack-sized Ziploc bags (this prevents them from getting soggy) and place on top of each container. If desired, add a wedge of lime to each container to use when you eat it.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FLATOUT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Flatout Flatbread on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 12 POINTS+: 12 OLD POINTS: 10
(For 1 bowl)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!