This quick and easy grilled pineapple mango salsa is mixed with corn and a honey lime vinaigrette for an a healthy, gluten free summer appetizer or dinner!
Pin Pineapple Mango Salsa
This is one of those recipes that I feel like I *SHOULD* tell you is perfect for summer entertaining, in the sense that it’s the ultimate-pre-dinner appetizer.
BUT, every little fiber of my being is SCREAMING at me to be real-life with you:
Appetizer. Shmapetizer. THIS bowl of spicy-grilly corn, with its bursts of sweet and ULTRA juicy mango and pineapple, and creamy notes of SMOOTH avocado, NEEDS to be the STAR of the show. It is NOT an opening act.
STRAIGHT UP HEADLINER YO’.
Besides, it’s HOT. You want super light and fresh dinner ideas, right? RIGHT. Salsa for dinner IT IS.
You can usually find me making things like grilled pineapple paleo burgers or pineapple grilled cauliflower rice Mexican chicken bowls, ‘cause grillin’ pineapple? = BE STILL MY <3. But then I wanted something lighter and so this corn salsa with grilled pineapple was born!
Mango and Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
I don’t know about you, but as spring and summer roll in, I’m all about the flavors, textures, and colors that come along with eating FRESH fruit and veggies! That’s why salsa is on my list of go-to appetizers and snacks to prepare for myself as well as my family and friends! Whether I’m prepping a batch of nectarine fruit salsa or THIS delish pineapple mango salsa recipe, I know it’s going to hit the spot because of those summery flavors that I can’t get enough of! An added bonus? The ingredients I use to make this salsa are wholesome, healthy foods that you’ll feel good about! Here’s what you’ll need to grab from the store:
- 2 Cobs of Corn
- Olive Oil
- Ground Chipotle Pepper
- Whole Pineapple
- Large Mango
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
Pineapple Mango Salsa FAQ
Can I use Frozen Pineapples or Mangos
Since this tasty mango salsa calls for fresh chopped fruit and vegetables, I can’t say for sure whether or not frozen fruit would work the same as I haven’t given it a try myself. However, I think that it would work if you want to give it a go! The consistency will be different but the flavors will still be there, so it would probably still taste great.
Can I leave out the corn?
Feel free to get your creativity on when it comes to this salsa recipe. If you don’t have corn or simply want to omit it, feel free!
Can I use other fruit?
Similarly, if you are wanting to switch out some ingredients for other ones, that it totally fine! If you want to replace the mangoes, for example, with a different fruit, or simply add an additional fruit, go for it! I recommend using other summery fruits such as peaches or nectarines to this delicious salsa.
Now that you’ve whipped up a batch of this incredible summery salsa, you’re ready to DEVOUR I’m sure! Here are a few serving ideas on how to enjoy it:
- Tortilla Chips: The classic chips and salsa is always a hit! I suggest also making some Avocado Salsa to go along with your fruit salsa.
- Tacos: Serve this salsa as an alternative topping option for Shredded Chicken Tacos with Balsamic Strawberry Salsa and wow your party guests with all the fresh salsa options!
- As a topping for Mexican Stuffed Zucchini: A fresh salsa over a cooked entree can be just what it needs to bring that pop of freshness and sweetness to your meal!
How long can I store Pineapple Mango Salsa?
What’s fantastic about homemade salsa is that you don’t have to finish it all at once! If you happen to have some salsa leftover (but I’d be surprised if you do!) or you purposely made a double batch to enjoy again and again, storing it is simple! I recommend refrigerating your salsa in an airtight container for about 3-5 days!
Other Healthy Corn Recipes
For the salsa:
- 2 Cobs of corn, shucked
- 5 tsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chipotle pepper
- 1/2 A whole pineapple, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Large mango, sliced into sticks
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, minced (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Salt, to taste
For the chips:
- 4 Whole grain or GF 8 inch tortillas
- 4 tsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chipotle pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Honey (agave for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Rub the shucked corn with 2 tsp of the olive oil, reserving the rest for later and sprinkle with the Chipotle pepper evenly.
- Place on direct heat on the grill and cook until charred, turning every few minutes. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a plate to cool.
- Rub the sliced pineapple with 2 tsp of the olive oil ( 1 tsp per side) and place on the grill. Cook until charred, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a plate. Turn down the heat to medium.
- Rub the mango with the remaining 1 tsp of oil and place onto the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, slipping once, until charred. Transfer to a plate and turn the heat back up to high.
- Rub each Flatout with 1 tsp of oil (1/2 tsp per side) and sprinkle one side of each flatbread with the Chipotle pepper. Place onto the grill and cook until it begins to bubble, about 1-2 minutes per side. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. *
- Immediately cut the Flatout into triangles (they crisp up fast, so cut them quickly to make it easier!)
- Cut the pineapple and mango into small cubes and add into a large bowl. Then, use a sharp knife to slice the kernels off the corn and add into the bowl. Finally, add in the jalapeno, cilantro, and avocado.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey. While constantly whisking, whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens.
- Pour over the salsa and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with the chips and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 8 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1/6 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!