This whole30 compliant Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken is flavored with curry, and is made all on one sheet! It’s a healthy weeknight meal everyone will love!
Do you ever feel late to the party?
The appropriate hashtag that I need to use when someone asks me that is: #SOML
I’m the person that makes a cookie dough banana ice cream recipe liiiiiike, 2 years after it is totally cool and trendy. I am also the girl who decides to FINALLY try making paleo pecan pie bars because, in her 26 years of walking this planet will call earth, she has NEVER tried pecan pie.
LIIIIKE WHAT? I can’t keep up.
This is exactly what happened with this here sheet pan whole 30 cashew chicken curry dinner.
You probably caught the sheet pan dinner bug WAYYYYYYY back in the fall last year when Pinterest started blowing up your feed with delicious sheet pan dinner ideas like Asian Miso Steak Sheet Pan Dinner.
Aaaaand now I’m like “Hi, I made you a easy healthy cashew chicken sheet pan dinner about 6 months too late, so I really hope you’re still diggin’ them.” And SPOILER alert, there might just be some sheet pan paleo za’atar chicken thighs coming up soooon!
Like I said, #SOML is appropriate.
But, you GUYS. Even if you’re getting tired of easy dinners that only take one pan (and, if you are, WHO ARE YOU?!) you MUSTMUSTMUST devour this mish-mash of spicy, tender roasty vegetables that sit under a bed of JUICY-on-the-inside and MEGA crispy-crunchy-curry-chicken YUM on the outside.
Straight up. It is the BEST cashew chicken recipe.
Not to mention it’s approved for all you SUPER BRAVE January whole30 goers. <— Like I told you in Monday’s Paleo Orange Chicken, I SRSLY give you a major round of applause. I like testing the boundaries of just how healthy I can eat and all, but there is nothing that can part me from starting my day with cookie dough overnight oats.
You first got introduced to my idea of crusting chicken in nuts, instead of things like flour, back when we munched on pistachio crusted chicken….whiiiiich I have basically been dreaming about forever and ever because WHY DO NUTS MAKE EVERYTHING SO MUCH MORE DELICIOUS.
Which is where the idea for this easy cashew chicken recipe came bursting inside my little recipe-creating brain. OBVI with curry. If the coconut slow cooker curry with pumpkin, quinoa and eggs, Thai curry roasted cashews and vegan coconut curry with sweet potato noodles didn’t tip you off that spicy-dinner-lovin’ is what my belly craves, then I wonder about the thinking status of your brain.
The roasty-toasty nutty flavor of the spiced-cashew-chicken-hug, in combination with notes of coconut-covered soft vegetables that you’re about to put in your mouth, is basically EVERYTHING that you THINK your easy-delicious-dinner-loving-inner-soul could want.
Spicy mega flavor? CHECK. Saucy goodness from bursts of juicy cooked tomato? OH YES. Texture overload happening inside your food-munchin’ face? THIS CASHEW CHICKEN RECIPE MOST DEFINITELY HAS IT.
Just when you’re going to declare that this easy healthy cashew chicken is the best STUPID-EASY weeknight chicken dinner that your healthy-food lovin’ self has ever had the happiness of eating, the SUPER REFRESHING cucumber hits you RIGHT THERE.
It balances alllll the warm curry feels that are happening inside your tummy in way that can only be described as the most perfect marriage of food EVER.
Cucumber may not be the most traditional addition to Indian food, but if it’s good? IT’S GOOD.
I have a question for you?
Where are my super-busy-after-work don’t-have-time-to-cook-but-so-HANGRY humans at?
This one goes out to you.
- 4 cups Cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 large Fresh Tomatoes quartered (like Hot House tomatoes)
- 1 medium Red Onion roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2/3 cup Roasted Cashews (salted)
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (4 small breasts)
- 1 large Egg White
- 2 cups Cucumber thinly sliced and halved
- Chopped Fresh Mint for garnish
- Minced Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets, quartered tomatoes and chopped red onion into a large bowl. Toss with the coconut oil and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp of the curry powder, reserving the rest for later, until well combined and the curry powder is evenly dispersed. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet in one layer and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining curry powder, the cashews and a pinch of salt and pepper into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and pulse until broken down, but leaving some cashews a little chunky for texture.
- Dry the chicken breasts off and place the egg white into a shallow, sided plate. Additionally, place the cashews into a shallow, sided plate. Dredge a chicken in the egg white, gently shaking off any excess, and then press into the cashews. Flip and press the other side into the cashews, lightly pressing to adhere cashews both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast onto a small cooling rack (one that fits on your sheet pan, and preferably one with legs so it sits over the veggies. This allows both sides of the chicken to cook and get crispy.) Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Place the cooling rack on top of the sheet pan, over top of the veggies, and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, which takes about 14-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, toss the fresh cucumbers onto the pan, and garnish with mint and cilantro.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.