This easy salad has curry roasted sweet potatoes, chicken, coconut and a spicy mango vinaigrette – a healthy taste of the middle east!
Today, you guys, I am living on the edge and breaking a food blogging law.
The law that states “don’t post similar recipes too close together or everyone will think you’re uncreative and whatnot”
I promise, it’s in the food bloggers handbook. I also can’t confirm or deny the existence of aforementioned book.
I know it just seems like yesterday that we were eating mangos and coconut in a sauce on top of mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice AND Mango Curry Steak, and I actually had no intention of posting a similar recipe so soon. Until it happened.
I was browsing around the grocery store to check out the new goods (side note: Yes, this is what food bloggers do FOR FUN. We live major exciting lives dontcha know) when I saw it.
A new flavor of Kraft Salad Dressings: Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette.
Move over Ranch because there is new, EX-O-TIC flavah in town.
But, don’t move too far because I still want to pour you on ALL the taco salads.
So, I obviously had to buy it.
And because I was still dreaming of sweet, juicy mangoes that I learned to love through some cauliflower rice fish taco bowls, paired with creamy coconut num nums, I knew exactly what I was going to make.
I also may just be trying to cling onto summer by its tail before I start throwing ALL the pumpkin at you. FORESHADOWING say whaaa?!
Now, let’s talk about roasted sweet potatoes. I used to have a “thing” against the “orange kind” to which Mr. FFF was always “well, what other kind is there…?”
Did you know there are white sweet potatoes? We had them coming out of our ears in Canada! But, after coming to Florida and not being able to find them, I have learned to embrace the “orange” sweet potato.
As much as you can embrace a small, hard, round, ground-growy thing. Have you ever TRIED to embrace a roasted sweet potato? It ain’t easy.
PLUS, these roasted sweet potatoes are coated in coconut oil (health!) with a leeetle bit of brown sugar and curry power because caramelization + spice = You need that in your face.
Crunchy on the outside, smoothy, creamy yum on the inside. My taste buds are doing a happy dance.
Throw some chicken on the grillety-grill (before it turns into cold-central outside) and then give it a toss-er-oo with some fresh mint, cilantro, mango chunks and crunchy cashews. ß You know I feel about THE CRUNCH.
Top all that goodness off with some Kraft Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette and you’ve got one nutritious meal.
Oh…and it’s PRETTY.
Healthy. Taste Bud Happy Dance Inducing. Pretty.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chicken and Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 1 inch Large sweet potato cut into 1 cubes (400 g, about 4 cups of cubes)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp Brown sugar packed
- 1/2 Tbsp Yellow curry powder
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 lb Chicken breasts about 2 large
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- 8 Cups Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh mint minced
- 2 tsp Red Chile pepper minced
- 1/2 Cup Mango cubed
- 4 Tbsp KRAFT Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl,[/url] toss together the sweet potato cubes, coconut oil, brown sugar and curry power. Lay them in a single layer on a large [url href=http://amzn.to/1KYDxbD target=_blank rel=nofollow]baking sheetand sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. In the last 10 minutes of baking, toss the cashews onto the pan so they can toast at the same time.
- While the potatoes cook, preheat your grill to medium heat and cook the chicken until no longer pink inside, or about 7-9 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- When the potatoes and cashews come out of the oven, place the coconut flakes onto a small baking pan and place them in the oven until light golden brown. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes, and they burn easily, so watch them closely!
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cilantro, mint, sliced pepper and mangoes. Then, toss with the sweet potatoes, cashews and toasted coconut.
- Drizzle in the Mango Chipotle Dressing and toss until everything is well coated.
- Divide between two plates, top each with a chicken breast and DEVOUR!
Change up your dinner routine with Kraft. Visit KraftRecipes.com for great recipes and meal ideas, featuring Kraft. Because food deserves delicious.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!