Zucchini noodles are mixed with a quick and easy, raw tomato sauce that is delicious and vegan-friendly! Perfect for a healthy meal!
Sometimes I think that I am a lot stronger than I think.
And, with that little thought, let me tell you a story. Grab your blankies and get cozy.
Yesterday, I was at the gym. I know, you’re bored already. I promise, it gets good.
I had wanted to do some squats, but ALL the squat racks were taken. Which is not un-common, since there are only two in the WHOLE GYM.
Now, the weight that I wanted to squat was more than I could actually lift with my spindle little weaky-girly arms, which is why I like the rack. You can just walk right up to it, get your shoulder under it and WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU MA’AM! You’re gettin’ yo’ squat on. No lift-age necessary.
So, I asked one of the buffity-buff workey-outey guys if they could take a free standing barbell and put it across my back. He did. He asked if I wanted him to stay and help me de-load when I was done.
My answer: “Nah. I got dissss.”
False Taylor. So ,SO false.
I finished. I stood there. I stood there some more. Then, 1…2….3 using my legs (which was my first mistake, since they were jell to the O) I pushed up and tried to get the barbell over my shoulders.
And then it came crashing down on my toes and I fell over.
I picked myself up off the floor, along with the small shards of pride that I had left, and BOOGIED right out of that gym. Jell-O legs and ALL.
My only solace? Coming home to crunchy num-nums in the form of Doctor In The Kitchen Flackers.
If only I had a box of these during my workout, I coulda just stuck my head right inside it and hidden from the world until I finally had to eat my way out.
Like an ostrich. Without the sand. Or feather. Or general bird-like qualities. You get it.
Have you guys tried them? They ain’t just any crackers. Let’s break it down:
- Raw, vegan AND gluten free. If you had to pick a cracker to watch out for – it’s these. TRIPLE THREAT yo’.
- They come in ALL the flavors – Dill, Cinnamon Currant, Rosemary, Savory and, my personal fav, Sun Dried Tomato and Basil.
- They’re made of flax seeds (Get it- FLA-ckers) so they’re just oozing with protein-y, fiberous-ness health.
Now, did you know that you could put crackers into a sauce to make it thick? I saw it on “Chopped” one day….so I decided to try it. <— Do that.
This tomato sauce, like the Flackers, is totally raw, vegan, gluten free and is SUPAH EZ.
Pour it over some zucchini noodles to make it a complete meal.
Or just spoon it into your mouth. I won’t tell anyone.
‘Cause I’ll be right there with ya.
- For the zoodles:
- 4 Large zucchinis
- For the tomato sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Fresh tomato chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sun Ripened Tomato and Basil Flackers lightly crushed (about 4 crackers),
- 2 Tbsp packed Sun dried tomato packed in olive oil chopped + additional for garnish
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Red wine vinegar
- Salt/pepper to taste *
- Fresh basil sliced (for garnish)
- To make zoodles: **
- Use a 5 mm julienne blade on amandolinand slice zucchini lengthwise to make long noodles.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with a good amount of salt, and let them sit in a strainer over a bowl for 20-30 minutes. Stir them around a few times while they strain.
- While the noodles strain , combine all remaining ingredients (except the fresh basil) in asmall food processor and blend until thick and well combined. ***
- Squeeze the excess water out of the zoodles and place into a bowl. Add the sauce into the bowl and mix well until the sauce thins out and is evenly coating the zoodles.
- Garnish with additional sun dried tomato, fresh basil and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
** You can add more olive oil if you want a runnier sauce, as this is thick and almost paste-y. However, as zucchini noodles are quite watery, I find it's better to have a thicker sauce as the zoodles thin it down once mixed together.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This post in sponsored by Doctor In The Kitchen, but all opinions remain my own.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more zoodles?
TAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!