This Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry is an easy, healthy family-friendly weeknight dinner where the slow cooker does all the work for you! Gluten free and paleo/whole30 compliant!
PIN Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry
I know, I know, I KNOWWW
We just ate crockpot Thai peanut butter chicken curry and slow cooker Jerk chicken curry a hot minute ago and now there’s another ULTRA-creamy fabulous-set-it-and-forget it crock pot curry recipe simmering with spicy-sweet goodness on your screen.
CAN’T STOP WON’T STOP. NOT SORRY.
I’m really excited for your taste buds to experience the magic that is gonna happen when this mango curry recipe is on the dinner menu though. Mostly because:
- CREAMY coconut milk
- SWEET, fruity mango juice
- Punchy, snappy ginger
- SPICY curry paste
- A PILE of tender veggies
Yea. This mango curry is pretty much kind perfect in your mouth. But when has mango and curry ever steered you wrong right? It’s even good on Mango Curry Steak!
It goes down like this:
How to make mango chicken curry
You simply have to mix the sauce ingredients – coconut milk, mango juice, ginger, curry and salt – and then pour them over chicken and carrots. Don’t add the all the veggies yet or they will be SOGGY AND BAD.
Set it. FORGET IT.
Come back a few hours later to whisk in some tapioca starch and more veggie goodness. <– Tapioca starch is the key to making this slow cooker mango chicken curry recipe U-L-T-R-A rich and heavenly creamy and SUPREMELY SLURPABLE. But, you can also use cornstarch!
Should I use chicken breasts or chicken thighs to make chicken curry?
I personally think chicken breast.
However, like last week’s peanut curry, Mr. FFF would tell you to ONLY EVER SLOW COOK CHICKEN THIGHS UNLESS YOU LIKE DRY SANDPAPER CHICKEN IN YOUR FACE. <– Caps for emphasis since, liiiike, he would probably actually yell it at you.
He has VRY strong feelings about how to cook chicken in a slow cooker properly
Both options are SUPER yummy, and you won’t be mad about either of them. So, just pick which one you prefer and have on-hand!
What do you serve with mango chicken curry?
We’re giving a nod to mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice and serving these swirly bowls of rich, creamy curry over lightly-browned, sautéed coconut cauliflower rice for the ULTIMATE of coconut experiences in your dinner-eating-life.
- Packed with a little fiber BOOST to keep your digestion happy
- Is the perfect addition to soak about all the sauciness of the rich and dreamy spicy mango sauce that tender morsels of juicy chicken are SWIMMING IN.
It’s the kind of side dish that you should keep in your back pocket ‘cause it’s just SO versatile. If I had a nickel for every time that I have no idea what to make for a side dish, so I default to coconut cauliflower rice, I would be LEGIT rich.
Just try it. It’s so good. It’s even growing on my cauliflower-rice FEARING husband.
Of course, you could also serve it over “normal person” rice. If grains made out of veggies don’t really do it for ya. You got options internet friend.
Regardless of the fixins and stuff-on-the-side, this bowl of tropical-yet-cozy flavor profiles are gonna make hangry-you do a little inner happy-food-dinner-dance.
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry
For the curry:
- 1 1/3 Cups Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/3 Cups 100% Mango juice
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp Green curry paste (use less if you don't like some heat)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Large carrots, sliced
- 1 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR chicken thighs
- 4 tsp Tapioca starch
- 2 Cups Broccoli florets
- 2 Red Bell peppers, cubed
- 1 Mango, cubed
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
For the rice:
- 6 Cups Cauliflower florets
- 4 tsp Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Whisk together the coconut milk, mango juice, ginger, curry and salt in the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker. Stir in the sliced carrots.
- Place the chicken breasts in the milk mixture and spoon the sauce over top. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5-6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker onto a plate and cover.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch with 8 tsp of the sauce from the slow cooker until smooth. Whisk it back into the slow cooker, along with the broccoli and peppers. Cover, turn the heat to high, and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-1.5 hours.
- While the sauce cooks, place the cauliflower into a large food processor and process until broken down and "rice-like"
- Heat the coconut oil up in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the cauliflower and coconut flakes. Cook until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 2-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the sauce is thickened, shred the chicken up and stir it back into the slow cooker.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls, followed by the chicken and the cubed mango.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 14 POINTS+: 13. OLD POINTS: 11
(per 1/4 of the recipe using chicken breast. Will vary slightly with thighs)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOKAND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!