Ever wondered how to cook crock pot sweet potatoes? I’m showing you how seriously easy it is to make them, and they come out perfect every time!
Pin Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
Baked sweet potatoes.
They’re one of those “staple foods” that everyone should know how to cook except, for some reason, “how to cook sweet potatoes” gets searched over XYZ number of times on Google.
I swear. Everyone on planet Earth is wondering how to do it. What temperature? How long? Cooking the perfect sweet potato is an ART you guys.
Although I am a food blogger and make all kinds of crazy recipes, making a basic sweet potato has been something that has ALLUDED (big word) me. Truth be told, I usually make them too hard and then they are nasty and gross and make me never want to eat sweet potatoes again.
Liiiike, until the next day because they are SO GOOD.
Sooo, in effort to stop both myself from having another failed sweet potato, AND stopping Y-O-U, I decided to see if you could make the PERFECT baked sweet potato in the CROCK POT.
Spoiler alert: YOU CAN.
Annnnd, these sweet potatoes are SRSLY fool proof, so stinkin’ easy AND they come out PERFECT every time. Liiiike, fork-tender, buttery and soft and altogether AWESOME kinda perfect.
The slow cooker is also the bee’s knees (who says that?) because you can cook a bunch of sweet potatoes all at once. You can make some crockpot sweet potatoes for dinner AND cook a few extra to whip up a sweet potato breakfast bowl in the morning!
Look at you, winning at good-for-you meals AND meal prep.
Making slow cooker sweet potatoes is so easy I am ALMOST embarrassed to write a post on this. BUT, in the name of helping my LOVELY internet BFF’s out (YOU) I hope that you find this valuable and it changes all the future sweet potatoes on your eating horizon. ?
How to cook sweet potatoes in the crock pot:
1. Wash the sweet potato and scrub off any dirt from the skin. No need to dry it, as the moisture helps cook it. But, make sure it’s not DRIPPING wet.
2. Use a fork to prick holes at least ¼ inch deep ALL over the sweet potato. Pretty much exactly like you do with a baked potato.
3. Stick your potatoes in the bottom of your crock pot and put on the lid.
4. Cook them until they’re perfectly tender which is 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, depending on the size of your potato, as well as your slow cooker.
VOILA. That’s it. SRSLY so easy right?
Don’t even need to wrap it in tinfoil – don’t need to poke it every 20 minutes to see if it’s ready (that might just be me though.) Just SET IT AND FORGET IT.
More Gluten Free Recipes
We have TONS of gluten free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our gluten free Library!
Now you know how to make the perfect crock pot sweet potatoes. No longer do you have to take up space in your oven when you need to cook something ELSE for dinner.
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
- 4 Large sweet potatoes
- Large slow cooker
- Wash the sweet potato and scrub off any dirt from the skin. No need to dry it, as the moisture helps cook it. But, make sure it’s not DRIPPING wet.
- Use a fork to prick holes at least ¼ inch deep ALL over the sweet potato. Pretty much exactly like you do with a baked potato.
- Put your potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker and put on the lid
- Cook them until they’re perfectly tender which is 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, depending on the size of your potato, as well as your slow cooker.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Here are 5 recipe ideas that a perfectly cooked slow cooker sweet potato would make a DELISH side too (or as part of the main!):
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!