This keto chili in the instant pot recipe is a meat lover’s dream! It’s the easiest, healthy weeknight dinner that’s Whole30 and paleo. The whole family will love it, plus it freezes well for leftovers or meal prep!
Chili is one of those recipes that has EVERYTHING you need in one pot. It’s cozy, it’s comforting and it’s good for you! If all of that sounds like a winner of a dinner, then today’s keto chili recipe with no beans is most definitely for you.
It has all the richness of smoky and sweet turkey chili but doesn’t have any beans like in healthy white chicken chili – just a pot of no bean, keto deliciousness! This recipe is low carb, paleo friendly, Whole 30 approved and full of protein with the goodness of veggies to top it all off! You and your crew are going to LOVE it!
To my veggie friends, unfortunately this one is not for you, but check out this crockpot vegetarian chili! For my fellow carnivores (who still enjoy a good raw cauliflower detox salad from time to time, don’t worry, it’s all about balance) this low carb chili recipe is about to be written right across your very SOUL.
There’s a time and place for bean filled recipes, but this instant pot chili is not it. Just like in my no bean, low carb, keto turkey chili I don’t want no kidney beans, black beans, or whatever-else-beans you feel like adding. Just like a bowl of instant pot Hamburger Helper, I want it SIMPLE.
Is chili high in carbs?
Traditional chili is definitely high in carbs since it’s loaded with various beans and legumes. However, since I believe that chili is an irreplaceable, family-favorite dinner, I decided to create this no bean chili recipe for all my Whole30, keto and low carb friends. And I’ll let you in on a secret, I actually like this keto chili recipe way more than any regular, bean-containing chili I’ve ever tried. Also, it’s a perfect crock pot meal prep recipe so you can even enjoy it for lunch the next day!
How many carbs are in chili without beans?
A bowl of this keto no bean chili only has 11g of carbs! Which is much better than its typical bean-filled counterpart!
What is a keto substitute for beans in chili?
This instant pot keto chili recipe doubles down on the ground beef and veggies to take the place of beans. Some people suggest swapping the beans for peas, mushrooms, or eggplant, but I’ll be honest and say that these just don’t belong in a good old fashioned chili!
Is keto chili healthy?
This chili sure is! It’s loaded with veggies and ground beef for a protein punch that will keep you full and fueled without the bloated feeling that usually comes after chili.
Ingredients needed for low carb chili
Now that you’re on board with making this tasty no bean keto chili, it’s time to round up everything you need. This list of ingredients includes lots of flavorful spices, nutrient rich veggies, protein loaded meat, and everything else you’ll need to make a healthy, hearty pot of chili.
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Grass-fed 85% lean Ground Beef
- All the spices! Chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, ground allspice, sea salt, pepper, and bay leaves
How to make low carb keto chili
Pour a splash of oil into your instant pot and set it on the saute setting. Add in the veggies and cook, stirring until they start to soften.
Add in the remaining oil and the ground beef and cook until it has browned. Remove excess oil at this point. Add in the spices and cook, stirring until the beef is completely cooked through and no pink remains.
Add all the ingredients you have left and stir to combine, leaving out the parsley. Cover the instant pot and set it to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure until it is finished cooking and let it steam release naturally.
Set the instant pot onto saute mode again and stir the chili for a few minutes so that the excess liquid can evaporate off. Divide it into bowls, garnish with the pasley and DEVOUR!
Top tips for making the best instant pot keto chili
- Saute it well: The flavor of the veggies will really shine if you sautee them longer, until they are soft and begin to brown a little. Don’t skip the saute step!
- Evaporate the excess water: Once you remove your lid from the instant pot, it’s important to cook the chili on saute mode so that any excess water cooks off. This will help you achieve that lovely, thick consistency AND the chili will have a richer flavor too.
How to make low carb keto chili on the stove top
If you want to make this on the stove top, simply follow the same directions for sauteing the ingredients. Instead of cooking on manual in the Instant Pot, just bring everything to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 30 minutes or so, until the chili has thickened! Easy!
How do you store keto chili?
Now that you have a hot and delicious pot of no bean keto chili, it’s time to enjoy it! If you happen to have leftovers, or if you prepared extra for mealtimes made easy, here’s how to store it. I recommend storing this chili in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It freezes really well too- just store it in a freezer safe container in the freezer and it should last up to 3 months this way!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables
Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Lasagna
Mediterranean Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Click here now and I’ll send this to you in Messenger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Lb Grass-fed 85% lean Ground beef
- 4 tsp Chile powder
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 Can Crushed tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup Parsley minced
- Pour 1 Tbsp of the oil in your Instant Pot and turn it to saute mode. Once hot, saute the onion, pepper, celery and garlic until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, along with the beef and cook until it begins to turn brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- Add in the chili powder, paprika, cayenne and Allspice and cook until the beef is totally brown and no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and stir until well combined. Cover the Instant Pot (make sure it’s set to sealing) and turn it to manual mode (it should immediately be set for high pressure) set it for 10 minutes. Once cooked, let it steam release naturally.
- Once the steam is released, remove the lid and turn it to saute mode. Cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until some of the water is evaporated.
- Stir in the parsley and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(Per 1/6 of the chili)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment