This delicious Buffalo Chicken Chili will surely become a new family favorite! Meaty, hearty, and creamy; packed with zingy Buffalo flavor!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
When the fall and winter seasons roll around each year, I am more than prepared with my list of cozy chili recipes! I love whipping up a pot of ground turkey sweet potato chili or slow cooking some healthy white chicken chili in the crockpot for something healthy and filling at the end of the day. Today, we’re taking one from the buffalo chicken soup playbook and adding a kick of heat and a whole lot of flavor to our chili– enter in slow cooker buffalo chicken chili! It’s rich, it’s good for you, and it packs a punch with all that buffalo flavor goodness. I used whole, healthy foods and quality spices to create a one pot meal that the whole family will love- it might even become a regular on the meal rotation!
Go ahead and raid your fridge and pantry before getting started on this buffalo chicken chili crockpot, because you may already have a lot of the ingredients on hand! Here’s what you’ll need to get started on this recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- White Navy Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Chicken Broth
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Bleu Cheese
How to make Buffalo Chicken Chili
Heat up some oil in a pan and sear your chicken breasts on both sides, then transfer to a plate.
Add the celery, onon, and garlic to a pan with a bit of oil and cook until it softens. Add in the spices and cook until they are fragrant. Next, add in all the ingredients up to the cilantro and stir to combine, bringing the mixture to a boil.
Add the chicken breasts to the chili mixture and reduce the heat a bit. Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked.
Remove the chicken from the chili. Cut the cream cheese into cubed and add them into the crockpot. Shred the chicken and add it back to the chili as well as the cilantro, then mix until everything is combined and the cheese has melted.
Serve in bowls and top with some bleu cheese if you’d like. DEVOUR!
Is this Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe Spicy?
While this chili recipe does have a bit of a kick to it, it’s not an overly spicy dish. It’s got the perfect amount of buffalo flavor goodness, without TOO much heat so everyone will enjoy it!
Top Tips for making Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Sautee: When you add in the onions, celery and garlic to the pan, i recommend sauteeing them until they are soft. If you want to go a step further, it adds a lot of flavor if you let the onions get a bit brown and caramelized.
- Drain and Rinse the beans: I recommend draining your beans, but then also rinsing them to remove any film and ensure they are clean before adding them to your chili!
What to serve with Buffalo Chili
This chili is extremely flavorful and a hot bowl of it on a chilly day is delicious all on its own. The recipe calls for blue cheese, and it’s super tasty when crumbled overtop of the chili. You could also use shredded cheddar cheese, taco chips and sour cream if that’s your jam, or bake up some easy sweet vegan cornbread to serve as a side.
Storage- Fridge and Freezer
As for storage, this chili keeps great in both the fridge and freezer and makes for tasty leftovers! I recommend labeling it and storing it in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container. You can also pop the container in the freezer and it will keep for up to 3 months.
more recipes you’ll love
- cheesy buffalo chicken potato poppers with avocado ranch dip
- air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- paleo buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 Lb Chicken breasts
- 1 Cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 Can White navy beans drained and rinsed (14oz)
- 1 Cup Frozen corn
- 1/2 Cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro minced
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- Bleu cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden and then transfer to a plate.
- Heat the other 1 Tbsp of the oil in the pan on medium high heat. Add in the celery, onion and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spices and cook until the spices are fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in all the ingredients up to the cilantro and stir until well combined. Then, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, nestle the chicken breasts into the chili and then turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once simmered, remove the chicken and then cut the cream cheese into little cubes and stir in until melted.
- Shred the chicken and stir it in. Then, stir in the cilantro
- Top each bowl with blue cheese (if desired) and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment