Looking for some Summery healthy dessert recipes? You’ll LOVE this quick and easy, refined sugar free and gluten free healthy Frozen Strawberry Dessert Recipe with a crunchy, pecan crumble! This recipe is always a hit with kids and adults!
PIN Healthy Frozen Strawberry Dessert Recipe
(Originally posted April/14. Photos updated April/2018. Narration not changed)
We’re partyin’ it up at FFF again guys.
You know what today is? National Pecan Day! Woo to the hoo!
Two reasons why I decided we must celebrate this momentous day:
1. Well, I REALLY like pecans. Like a lot. As in I-eat-either-this-chicken Salad recipe -or-as-I-call-it-“epic-salad”-everyday-that-I-am-not-eating-Cilantro-Lime-Tilapia-(or-popcorn-*insert-shifty-eyes-here-*)for-dinner kind of a lot
Real life fact: you think food bloggers eat fancy dinners all the time. In reality, popcorn happens A LOT around here.
Just being honest.
2. I may or may not have gotten my hands on a list of all of the Food Holidays in the ENTIRE year. Yes, there will be a lot of upcoming parties. I’m sorry.
But, I’m really not.
Get yo’ part-ay hats ready.
3. I happen to have a special little recipe that is all close to my heart and stuff, and it happens to have pecans.
Sidenote: I’m currently sitting at the computer trying really hard to type something witty for you but, with all this talk of parties, I can only picture a little group of pecans in a little pecan house wearing little, pink (because everything is better in pink) party hats and holding pecan shaped party balloons.
And singing. Because you HAVE to sing when you’re at a party. Everybody knows this.
Partying, singing pecans in hats is a REALLY weird picture.
Why does my brain do this?
Okay, I’m good now.
So, if you’ve ever wondered what to do with frozen strawberries, then this dessert is for YOU.
Like I mentioned, this healthy frozen strawberry dessert recipe is really close to my heart as it happens to be what my brother and I requested for our birthday “cake” (we’re twins, so our birthday was always the same day) EVERY SINGLE YEAR when we were wee little kidlets.
Birthday parties. Pecans in party hats. Can’t. Stop.
Anyway. This recipe truly was, and still is to this VERY DAY, one of my FAVORITE healthy dessert ideas EVER. More than ANY other frozen strawberry recipes out there.
I’m pretty sure my momma was more than happy to oblige with our yearly request because
- She’s awesome and shes loves me real well.
- Out of all the desserts I could have picked, Strawberry freeze is one of those EASY HEALTHY DESSERTS that comes together in a SNAP. FOR REAL.
It goes like this:
Cut pecans (hardest part – and I bet you could even use a food processor!) >> toast pecans >> Put frozen strawberries, sugar subtitute and egg whites (protein!) into blender and walk away >> Watch “Grey’s Anatomy” (optional but recommended) >> Come back and put pecan crumbs in a dish >> Throw on strawberry mix >> Throw on the rest of pecans >> DONE
Oh, and you should totally make it RIGHT before you have peeps over because your house is going to smell like toasty-party-hat-wearing-pecan Heaven.
And now you’re wondering what that even smells like. I guess you’re going to have to make it now to find out.
See what I did there? Muahahahah
Final thought for you:
Singing pecans in pecan birthday hats with pecan shaped party balloons.
Healthy Frozen Strawberry Dessert Recipe
A quick and easy, sugar free and gluten free healthy Frozen Strawberry Dessert Recipe with a crunchy, pecan crumble! This recipe is always a hit with kids and adults!
For the crumbs:
- 6 Tbsp Ghee, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour (GF if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup Pecans finely chopped
For the filling:
- 2 Egg whites
- 3/4 Cup Monkfruit (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 15 oz Frozen whole strawberries partially thawed
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the crumb ingredients.
- Spread the crumbs evenly onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 mins, stirring twice during the cooking process.
While the crumbs bake, place all of the strawberry filling ingredients in large bowl and beat on high until it thickens, about 10 mins. I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer, set it to high and walked away and let it do it's thang.
- Once the crumbs are finished, spread them in the bottom of 9x13 pan, reserving 1 cup for the top.
- Pour the filling onto the crumb base and smooth.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Freeze it until set, about 4 hours.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1/18 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!