This healthy peppermint gluten free chewy sugar cookies recipe is SOFT and sweet you’ll never believe they’re sugar free and naturally colored!
PIN Peppermint Gluten Free Chewy Sugar Cookies Recipe
Tomorrow is TURKEY DAY!
Also. MY BIRTHDAY. Gonna be the ripe old age of twenty seven. Which means I am OFFICIALLY in my late 20s.
Really not sure how I feel about that. Soooooo let’s talk about Thanksgiving instead.
BECAUSE, if you’re not, I think you need to QUESTION YOUR LIFE.
I just can’t be friends with peeps who don’t eat themselves silly on a day that involves roasty, toasty birdy goodness, paleo easy healthy sweet potato casserole AND little squares of crunchy but still sort of soft, pieced of carby numnums in the form of paleo pecan pie bars.
We are going to my in-laws in Omaha to celebrate them with the first time. I still think Thanksgiving in October is weird since I am from the land of snow dogs and Maple Syrup (Canada) and it was celebrated SO LONG AGO ALREADY.
Sidenote: I totally typed “Canadian” But then decided that was much too boring, and it needed more DESCRIPTION – hence, the land of snow dogs and maple syup.
Just in case you were wondering how I type these posts.
If you’re wondering what I am bringing to Thanksgiving, it’ll be some oven balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with goat cheese and cauliflower mashed potatoes. Also, this caramel apple sangria because it is SO GOOD.
Also, because it is my birthday so ALL THE sangria for me. ?
Now that Turkey Day is basically over, I think we can all agree that it’s totally safe to go FULL FORCE into Christmas desserts.
LIIIIKE Low Carb Keto Sugar Free Sugar Cookies OR these soft chewy sugar cookies!
And mint chocolate chip is my most favorite holiday food-flavor, which makes it SUPER fitting to be posting THE BEST chewy sugar cookie recipe basically my birthday.
These gluten free sugar cookies are based off another Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Free Sugar Cookies Recipe that I posted LAST Christmas, and then I decided to give them some jazzy-chocolate-crunchy-minty-fresh kinda nums by mixing it all up with some gooey chocolate chips and bursts of peppermint goodness.
You’re like “WAIT. WHAT.” SPINACH IN low sugar healthy sugar cookies?
Yes, internet friends. I did make my own dye out of spinach because:
- I do not trust mint recipes that are not green colored.
Don’t lie. You’ve opened a carton of mint chocolate chip ice cream that was WHITE and been like “NOPE.”
- I don’t like weirdo fake food color and spinach? SO HEALTHY RIGHT NOW.
And, liiike, always?
These peppermint gluten free chewy sugar cookies recipe is seriously THICK, soft and chewy (which, in my opinion, is the ONLY way a cookie should be) and then they have that SURPRISE crunchy-outside factor.
You know about my texture-freak ways. So, this, it makes me one happy camper.
Except I don’t camp in the winter. I ain’t no “survival man” or whatever that crazy guy on TV calls himself.
This easy soft sugar cookie recipe is ALSO totally sugar free. Sugar free sugar cookies my internet friends. It is a real thing in this universe and it means you get to eat LOTS AND LOTS of cookies. If you don’t care about sugar free and want grain free, then try these almond flour sugar cookies!
This is my suggestion (read:order): Let’s all make this Peppermint gluten free chewy sugar cookies recipeand then sit around in our comfy Pjs, sipping hot chocolate and watching the Fire Place Channel on TV, so we can pretend like we’re being all campy and adventurous.
I know you watch it too.
- 1 Cup Spinach, very tightly packed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Ghee, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Monkfruit
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 Cup Gluten free all purpose flour (180g)*
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Mini dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Additionally, heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the spinach and water into a medium pot and bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, transfer the water + spinach into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and puree until smooth. Strain into a small bowl and set the green water aside, discarding the chunky spinach.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter (or ghee) and monkfruit in a large mixing bowl until it’s light and fluffy. Then add in the egg, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and 1/4 cup of the green water, discarding the rest. Beat well mixed - it will be soupy from the green water.
- In a separate ,medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Slow stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, until it forms a slightly wet dough. Stir in 3 Tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, in lightly heaping 1 TBSP sized balls, pressing out about 1/2 inch thick. Press the remaining chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake until they are just set, and the edges just begin to harden, and turn lightly brown** about 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
Tips & Notes:
** The cookies will feel very soft and underdone, but they firm up a lot once cooled. You don’t want to over-bake them, as you want them thick and chewy!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 2
Want more Christmas Ideas?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!