You guys, this awesome little, perfectly portioned snack is sponsored by The Laughing Cow®. I know you LOVE their spreadable cheese wedges as much as I do!
These maple roasted sweet potato pie bites are topped with whipped The Laughing Cow® spreadable cheese, and a crunchy, pecan topping! They’re a 4 ingredient way to reinvent your snacking that tastes like pie!
If you want to share this recipe to your Facebook wall for later, click HERE!
My name is Taylor and I am a self-proclaimed snack addict. HI! *insert awkward wave here.*
Liiike, I love me some straight-up meals and all, but if I could just pass the time by keeping my hungry little mouth full on little snacky-bites all day long, I would be PERFECTLY-SUPER happy. Snacks are fun. Snacks are WAYYY easier to make than meals. Considering I cook ALL. DAY. LONG the whole “easy and tasty” aspect of snacks is TOTALLY my jam right now.
Actually always. Easy, delicious food is my jam every.single.second of my person-who-needs-to-eat-or-else-HANGRY-happens life.
I know you understand me.
Anyways. There’s my ode to snacks for you. Did you relate? Of course you did. We’re internet besties which means we OBVIOUSLY have the same taste in all things purely delicious and yum. I KNOW IT.
Which means, since we’re internet-twinning and all, you know that when The Laughing Cow® invited me to the “Love Your Local Event” awhile back, well, my taste buds (and the rest of my body, don’t be alarmed) JUMPED at the chance.
I got to take a picture with a cow, which was MOOVELOUS (HAD TO) BUT we also got to sample, and learn how to create, some SUPER-creative snack pairings using The Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese Wedges inspired by the Seattle area (think ALL the seafood!)[Tweet “Snack time! Try some 4 Ingredient Roasted Sweet Potato Pie Bites! @TheLaughingCow #ReinventSnacking”]
I came home with a snacking-satisfied tummy and a brain JAM PACKED with more pairing ideas to keep the variety-of-food-loving person that I am really EXCITED.
But you guys, let’s be real for a second mmkay? This is a safe place right? So you won’t turn all judgey of me when I tell you that sometimes, well….ummm….I SNACK. But, like, OUT OF CONTROL. It’ll just be like “oh just one little nibble.” And then more like HAHA JUST KIDDING, all the food is gone and I didn’t even notice it.
The Laughing Cow is ALL about actually THINKING about what you’re eating, and sitting down to SAVOR snack time. And by “savoring” I don’t mean sitting on your couch and scrolling through Instagram. I’M LOOKING AT YOU.
Since me and snacks are a little TOO tight sometimes, I 130% need to adopt this whole “savoring the snack experience” shenanigans.
Because we already discussed that we are the same person and I know how you think, I have figured out a way to solve this “double tap ALL the photos” urge that we feel inside, longing to get out when we’re munchin’ away: eat a snack that tastes like SWEET POTATO PIE.
Except in much more reasonably sized portion than an ACTUALLY pie, ya feel me.
I mean, I took a bite of these 4 ingredient (!!!) little rounds of BLISS and I was like SEE YA LATER SOCIAL MEDIA, I NEED this time to become ONE with my snack moment. No interruptions. Just me and a little maple-crisp on the outside and SO tender on the inside roasted sweet potato topped with WHOA-SO-CREAMY whipped The Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Wedges, drizzled with a wee bit more maple and finished with roasty-toasty and crunch-a-rific pecan crumbles.
Crunchy. Creamy. Savory. Sweet. 5 Ingredients.
Like, all at once. In one bite. Waiting for your face. RIGHT NOW.
You COULD even get EXTRA awesome and serve these little snacks to your famjam before Thanksgiving dinner.
Could = should. Just so we’re on the same page.
I know you.
- 1 Lb Sweet potato peeled and sliced about 1/3 inch thick (about 1 very large potato)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pure Maple syrup divided + additional for drizzling
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Pecans finely chopped
- 1 Package The Laughing Cow® Creamy Swiss Light Cheese Wedges 8 wedges total
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the sliced sweet potatoes and 1 Tbsp Maple syrup, reserving the rest of later. Make sure to REALLY rub the maple syrup into the potatoes, and get them nice and coated.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto the prepared pan, spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- In a small baking dish, toss together the chopped pecans and the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of Maple syrup, making sure to evenly coat them. Spread them out in the same dish, in a one flat layer.
- Place both the potatoes and the pecans into the oven and cook for 10 minutes. At this point, check on the pecans to make sure they aren't burned - you want them nice and golden brown.
- Flip the potatoes and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until they are just fork tender and the outsides are golden. If the pecans aren't done by the time you flip the potatoes, give them a stir and watch them closely, checking every few minutes at this point, as they can burn quickly.
- While the pecans and potatoes cook, unwrap the wedges of The Laughing Cow and place into a medium bowl. With an electric hand mixer, beat the cheese until smooth.
- Spoon the whipped cheese on the center of each roasted potato slice and sprinkle on the toasted pecans.
- Drizzle each slice with Maple syrup and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT THE LAUGHING COW. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 5. Old Points: 4
Based off of 4 servings
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more easy snack ideas?