These quick and easy heart healthy Avocado Chocolate Truffles tastes like an Almond Joy and are gluten free, vegan and naturally sweetened!
Pin Healthy Avocado Chocolate Truffles
Avocado and chocolate are honestly just made for each other it’s so insane and that is why these truffles? YOU ARE GONNA LIKE THEM.
Sooo here’s something I think we all can agree with. Truffles are DELISH. They’re sweet, they’re rich, they’re smooth… they’re pretty much heaven.
What if I told you that they can be made with healthier ingredients and still win you over?
Butter: Instead of butter, we’re going to use avocado for this Healthy Avocado Chocolate Truffles recipe- it’s smooth, it’s creamy, and it’s the perfect secret ingredient to make these truffles taste bomb. My Mint Avocado Cheesecake Truffles also use avocado to make them extra creamy!
Coconut oil: Also a great butter substitute that is a more heart healthy fat.
Chocolate protein powder – You can be used in place of chocolate for that same flavor you love, with an added boost of protein!
Healthy Avocado Truffles Ingredients
Truffles are a fabulous dessert to share with those you love this time of year. Rich and delicious, they’re the perfect treat! This recipe is super simple and uses ingredients that you probably have on hand already! For these paleo truffles, you will need:
- An Avocado
- Chocolate Casein protein powder (can be substituted with regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Milk Chocolate Chips (dairy free works too)
- Coconut Oil
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
How to make Avocado Truffles
Peel your avocado and remove the pit. Pop it in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and protein powder and continue to blend until the mixture is well combined.
Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 1 ½ minutes, stopping to stir every 20-30 seconds or until the chips are melted.
Add the avocado mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until very smooth.
Cover the bowl with a layer of saran and pop it in the fridge for 2 hours.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and fill a shallow bowl with the sweetened coconut flakes.
Using a cookie scoop and your hands to roll, form evenly sized balls. Roll the balls in your bowl of coconut flakes until all sides are covered.
Keep these vegan truffles in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
How Long Do Chocolate Truffles Last?
These are so tasty that you may want to devour these all in one sitting! But if you’ve made a lot of truffles and want to save some for another time or if you simply want to make a couple of batches ahead of time, you’re in luck. Truffles like these will last well for about a week in an airtight container in your fridge!
Are Truffles Vegan?
This is a great question. Some truffles that use butter, whipping cream, or other animal products are not vegan. Just like my Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate Truffles, these absolutely are vegan and I guarantee you are going to LOVE them! We’ve substituted avocado and coconut oil for the usual butter, and if you use dairy-free chocolate chips, you’re all set!
If you go now, you might even be able to eat them tonight! WIN.
Other Avocado Desserts
- 2/3 Cup Avocado mashed. (About 1 large or 135g)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Chocolate Casein protein powder OR sub unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract (omit if you just want straight up chocolate)
- 2/3 Cup Milk chocolate chips (or dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- Blend the avocado in a food processor until it is very smooth.
- Add in the protein powder, vanilla extract and almond extract and blend until well combined.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl microwave the chocolate chips and the coconut oil for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until the chips are melted.
- Add the avocado mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir very well until the chocolate is mixed well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and place the sweetened coconut flakes in shallow plate.
- Using a small cookie scoop the scoop the mixture and roll around in your hands to create even balls.
- Roll each ball around in the coconut flakes and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 3 POINTS+: 2 OLD POINTS: 1
(per 1 truffle)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!