This vegan chocolate truffles recipe use a secret, heart-healthy ingredient to make them so creamy and only 60 calories! Add a little champagne to make them perfect for New years Eve!
PIN Avocado Vegan Chocolate Truffles
I have solved the answer to Mondays.
Not like Mondays can really BE a question. According to the calendar on my phone, we kinda HAVE to have them. Aaaaand like 4-5 times A MONTH for a WHOLE YEAR.
Who decided that and why was I not involved in that decision?
Anyway. Mondays = USUALLLLLY not the best thing ever due to just wanting to stay on my current Gilmore Girls weekend Netflix binge (don’t spoil the new episodes for me, I AM NOT THERE YET!) but, alas, BACK TO THE GRIIIIIND.
So many extended letters today. Roll widdit.
I used to tell you that the cure to all Monday sadness that happens in your real-person life EVERY SINGLE week, was to wake up to cookie dough overnight oats, strawberry cheesecake overnight oats or healthy blueberry muffin breakfast cookies.
I mean, rolling your groggy self out of the cozy-comfort of pillows and blankets and warm fuzzy feelings is SOMUCH easier knowing that something dessert-flavored is awaiting your grumbling, it’s-morning-I’m-HUNGRY belly.
But that was before these vegan, 5 INGREDIENT (!!!) champagne avocado chocolate truffles rolled (laugh with me) into my life, and knocked me down with fizzy-booze-infused-rich-and-fudgy-OMG-chocolatey deliciousness.
BTW, I love that we’ve established and internet friendship SO DEEP and TRU that you know what the above sentence means. <3 HEART YOU.
It’s no secret that my making-truffles-with-avocado love is SERIOUS business. We had it in the chocolate mint avocado cookies, skillet peppermint vegan brownies and last year’s healthy avocado chocolate truffles.
Just like cauliflower is the miracle worker of the vegetable world, avocado is the miracle worker of the healthy-heart-good-4-U fat world.
It makes all things creamy, delicious PLUSPLUSPLUS NUTRITIOUS.
And we should eat nutritious food for breakfast RIGHT? AAAAAND the little champagne hit in these rich, creamy bites of chocolate bliss is only going to ensure that your Monday will be EXTRA FUN.
You remember the cacao peanut oatmeal breakfast bars with banana from the summer yes? Well, we’re bringing the cacao party back!
Part of the super-dense-rich vibes that are going to happen inside your face when you bite into each velvety smooth bite of these avocado vegan chocolate truffles, is from Better Body Foods Cacao powder instead of COCOA powder.
Do not get the 2 confused friends. Cacao is SO much richer, darker and makes these truffles a chocolate-loving-persons (everyone’s?) DREAM.
Plus, it’s all superfood-y, health-ful and all that stuff that makes you happy when it is used to describe food that is actually SO YUMMY right now.
If you’re not one of those people who can “do chocolate” for breakfast (who are you?) then I am going to suggest that you make these champagne truffles for that super-fancy-person NYE party that I know you’re throwing.
You could even serve them with the healthy champagne cocktails from LAST WEEK.
And, yes, I DID plan the sequence of posting so that you would be ARMED and READY to rock NYE with allll the champagne goodness.
Word of advice/a look into the real life of a food blogger: sometime we get ideas that we think will be SO TRENDY and FUN in photos. Which is why I rolled some of these in glittery, sparkly silver sprinkles.
BUT, I am going to warn you: DON’T DO IT. Just stick to rolling these healthy chocolate truffles in extra cacao.
I put them down on the pan and the sprinkles started to MELT which was totally messy all over my hands and not-fun-times at all.
At least it looks cool.
Had to warn you though.
Last warning: I take Z-E-R-O responsibility for whatever happens after you consume a batch of these avocado vegan chocolate truffles.
- 1 1/3 Cup Avocado, mashed 300g (about 2 large avocados)
- 3/4 Cup Better Body Foods Cacao Powder + additional for rolling
- 3/4 Cup Extra dry Champagne (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1 Tbsp Better Body Foods Agave OPTIONAL - omit if you like rich, dark chocolate taste
- Pinch Of sea salt
- 8 Oz Dark Chocolate Dairy free for vegan
- Add the mashed avocado and cacao powder into a large food processor and blend until smooth and combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add in the champagne, agave (if using) and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth and combined.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe container and heat using half power, and 30 second cooking intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted.
- Add the melted chocolate into the food processor and blend until smooth and combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl, spreading out evenly. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours - overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fill a shallow plate with sides with extra cacao powder. Roll the truffles into lightly heaping 1 Tbsp sized balls (I used a cookie scoop, and made them just a little smaller than the full cookie scoop.) Roll around in the cacao and place onto the prepared pan. *
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 3 Points+: 2. Old Points: 1
(for 1 truffle with no agave)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOKAND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!