This fudgy, rich peppermint vegan brownie is baked in a skillet and covered with a healthy chocolate truffle frosting! It’s an easy, gluten and allergy free holiday dessert!
Today I pose you this question:
Who doesn’t love a brownie that you don’t even have to CUT because you can scoop it RIGHT OUTTA the pan into your chocolate loving mouth? Exactly. No person who likes food (everyone) is going to say no to that scenario.
Which is why skillet vegan brownies are the newest latest and greatest to happen to the world of people who don’t want to waste time slicing, so that we can get to the munchin’ STRAIGHT UP RIGHT NOW.
OH WAIT THOUGH. These are ALSO <3 healthy, gluten free and vegan friendly brownies. SAY YASSSS.
As your excitement is building due to dreams of good-for-you, melty-ooey gooey chocolate swirling around in your head, it’s going to be taken up a notch. The chewy, melty chocolate peppermint vegan brownie that we speak ok? It just so happens to be Enjoy Life’s Brownie Mix!
IE: no measuring flour. No measuring really any ingredients except oil and water. Then, you just gotta do a little whisk-of-the-wrist action and – POOF – a magical vegan brownies recipe with yumminess is entering the scene of your very real life. NO work required.
EASY VEGAN BROWNIES FTW.
On the topic of real life things that are currently happening. I am SRSLY having a moment with the combination of flavors that is mint and chocolate. IT was just last week that we ate chocolate mint avocado cookies, and then we had mint chocolate cashew cream no bake bars AND vegan peppermint bark just a few weeks prior. SPOILER ALERT: More mint tomorrow.
Why is it that mint and chocolate only seem to come out and play during the season of sparkly lights and snowflakes? MINT AND CHOCOLATE ALL YEAR I SAY.
Especially in these peppermint vegan brownies.
Honest life moment: I started drinking peppermint flavored coffee (that I bought LAST YEAR IN PREPARATION) in September. Mr. FFF started requesting things like eggnog gluten free vegan waffles in October. When your addictions are seasonal you must PLAN AHEAD.
It’s also why I have 20 kabocha squash in my garage right now. But, that’s a story for another time.
You know what also usually requires planning ahead? Making truffles. Since you have to, you know, let them sit and firm up and all that truffle-making-jazz. I learned this in the healthy chocolate truffle recipe a few years back and, ever since that patience-testing day, I have been determined to get you a truffle recipe that can eaten RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. NO WAITING REQUIRED.
My mom used to always sing me a “be patient” song as a child. You see why.
Which is why the “truffle frosting” idea was invented when we ate chocolate truffle cookies last week, and carried over onto this brownie that your chocolate-munching-mouth is drooling over right this VERY SECOND.
The frosting recipe works if you let it sit and roll it into *actual* truffles. But, this requires time and patience which are things that we just don’t have in the face of CHOCOLATE.
Which is why we’re melting Enjoy life’s mini chocolate chips (<3), mixing them with creamy, rich avocado and then spreading it on our warm-straight-from-the-oven-pepper vegan brownies so we get BROWNIE and TRUFFLE at ONCE.
RIGHT NOW. <— !!
Sprinkling with crushed candy canes is optional.
But, do it for the PRETTY.
All that’s left is to bask in the minty, Christmas glow that happens when you get permission to eat double the chocolate yumminess RIGHT FROM THE PAN.
- 1 Box Enjoy Life Brownie Mix
- 2 Tbsp Oil, as directed on box (I used avocado oil)
- 3/4 Cup Water, as directed on Box
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub the bottom of an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with oil.
- Prepare the Enjoy Life Brownie Mix according to the package directions, using the oil and water.
- Once mixed, pour the brownie into the prepared pan and bake until a tooth pick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean, about 30-33 minutes.
- While the brownie bakes, place the mashed avocado, cocoa powder, peppermint & vanilla extracts and a pinch of salt into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small, microwave-safe container/bowl and microwave on half power, using 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted.
- Add the melted chocolate chips into the food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- Once the brownie bakes, spread on the truffle frosting and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- DEVOUR immediately!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 14 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 7
(based on the peppermint vegan brownie making 8 servings)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!