Just wanted to let you know that this sweet and spicy baked french toast casserole is sponsored by my friends at Udi’s Gluten Free!
This gluten free easy French toast casserole is made with creamy eggnog and has a snickerdoodle cookie streusel! It’s the perfect make-ahead Christmas morning breakfast!
PIN Snickerdoodle Baked French Toast Casserole
Christmas morning you guys.
My Disney Princess advent calendar (true story, my chocolate-loving self possesses one) told me that it’s only 20 DAYS AWAY!
That’s LESS than 3 weeks. And I pretttty much can’t contain my excitement right now.
Breathing. In and ouuuuuuut. In and ouuuuuut.
Christmas is my favorite holiday of the WHOLE WIDE YEAR. But, Christmas morning? It’s the BEST part of the whole entire day.
We spend it up in Canada at my parents’ house with my twin brother and his wife, my sister-in-law. We all get up to a BIG breakfast of eggnog gluten free vegan waffles (but sometimes baked pumpkin French toast) usually with our traditional ginger snap martinis or some low carb sugar free keto eggnog with a little rum.
Don’t worry. We also eat baked eggs, so there is SOME protein too!
Oh, with a side of easy gluten free stuffing to fulfill the “real food quota.”
But, realistically speaking, cookies should actually start as soon as one arises out of bed with BREAKFAST right? I know you’re nodding along in agreement right now. You loved the breakfast cookies with apples and raisins, which means you also get all the feels inside when I discuss eating sweet, tender circles of baked LOVE for breakfast.[clickToTweet tweet=”Wake up to #Glutenfree Eggnog Snickerdoodle French Toast Casserole on #Christmas! @Udisglutenfree” quote=”Wake up to #Glutenfree Eggnog Snickerdoodle French Toast Casserole on #Christmas! @Udisglutenfree” theme=”style2″]
Which is why THIS year the cookies ARE being crumbled over the start of the day, by being STREUSEL-FIED ON TOP of EGG NOG baked French toast casserole.
Spicy-sweet COOKIE STREUSEL SAY WHAA?
You’re gonna love it.
And with SUPER CREAMY, spicy x 2 eggnog?
Christmas breakfast GOALS friends, that is what this french toast bake recipe is. They are being met in the form of this true love baked french toast casserole yumminess.
Best part though: unlike last month’s gluten free snickerdoodle Greek yogurt cheesecake, I am NOT going to tell you to make you Snickerdoodles from SCRATCH, because Udi’s Gluten Free has already done it F-O-R Y-O-U.
Hello time saving AWESOMENESS!
Their gluten free snickerdoodles are the perfect flavor profile of warm cinnamon spiciness and sugary sweetness, which makes them the ULTIMATE on top of cubes of their soft and tender white sandwich bread.
WITH swirls of thick, rich and extra creamy eggnog to REALLY bring all the cozy feels to your hungry-selves Christmas morning breakfast-ing.
P.s if you can’t find it in store, you can make this coconut milk eggnog from A Mindful Mom!
On the topic of time saving things that I know are going to get you VRY VRY excited: this breakfast casserole of your dream food land can (and actually SHOULD) be made ahead. As in “the night before.” As in “you only have to throw it in the oven on Christmas morning and – BAM – you’re the breakfast making SUPERSTAR of the holidays.”
As a side note: this also leaves you extra time for another gingerbread martini. Just making sure you have all the pieces of the puzzle.
You know, I’m glad you asked why you use a whole load of Udi’s bread, but not a whole package of their snickerdoodles. Let me just answer that for you:
Because I love you and want your hungry-food-munching mouths to have extra soft, chewy, festive cookies to eat ON THE SIDE of your cookie-laden baked french toast casserole recipe.
Putting cookies on your food, on the side of your food and IN your bellies.
This is how I show my love for you.
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk Eggnog divided (or use low fat dairy eggnog)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 inch Loaf Udi's Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread ,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 Udi's Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Powdered sugar (optional for serving)
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 Cups of the eggnog, reserving the rest for later, along with the coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add in the cubed bread and gently stir until well mixed and the egg mixture is coating the cubes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of eggnog into the bread mixture to moisten it, mixing well.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan and spread out evenly, lightly packing the cubes of bread together.
- Crumble up the cookies, leaving some big crumbs for texture, and sprinkle them evenly on top. Gently press the crumbs down to adhere to the bread.
- Bake until the bread puffs up and feels set, about 30-35 minutes. If you want the cookie topping to be really crispy, broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 9 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!