These Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are a hearty, and a delicious way to start your day! Quick, easy, gluten free, paleo & Whole30 compliant!
Table of Contents
I am a self proclaimed potato fiend.
I think I spent so many years avoiding them because *CaRbS* that I now have some lost ground to cover.
And you know that “need food now” mood that you wake up in?
This air fryer breakfast potatoes are for THAT. Serve them with some air fryer turkey bacon
and you are SET my friend.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
Yes ma’am, potatoes are my fav and DEFINITELY one of my love languages. I just can’t get enough of them, so you can often find me cooking them up as a side dish for a meal any time of day! I love some creamy red skin mashed potatoes alongside a juicy coffee rubbed steak, but potatoes aren’t JUST for dinner! That’s right- today’s russet potatoe recipes are going to make your mornings that much more delicious. These potatoes are golden brown, crispy, super flavorful, AND they aren’t deep fried like many traditional hashbrowns. Let your air fryer work its magic to cook up a batch of these breakfast potatoes and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Do you sometimes assume that delicious foods must require a long, fancy list of ingredients? Well if that’s the case, this air fryer breakfast potatoes recipe is going ot have you fooled, because the list of ingredients you will need is short and sweet! Yummy hashbrowns were NEVER easier to whip up! Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Russet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
How to make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Peel your potato and chop it into bite sized cubes. Place them on a paper towel and use another sheet to blot off the tops, removing as much moisture as possible.
Toss the chopped potatoes with the oil, then sprinkle in the seasonings and toss once again until everything is evenly coated.
Place the potatoes into the mesh basket of your air fryer and cook until they are golden brown and crisped up to your liking.
Serve as desires and DEVOUR!
How Long to cook Breakfast Potatoes Air Fryer?
I recommend cooking your potatoes until they are crispy and golden brown. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes when cooked at 400 degrees.
Top Tips for making Breakfast Potatoes
- Cut them the same size: By chopping up your potatoes so that they’re all similar in size, you will ensure they cook evenly and turn out the best they can be!
- Cook right after Seasoning: I don’t recommend letting the potatoes sit for too long with salt on them because it’ll draw out all the water and inhibit crisping.
- Pat off Excess Liquid: After peeling and chopping your potatoes, it’s important to blot off the excess water so that they will cook well in the air fryer. Don’t skip this step!
If you want to mix things up with these air fryer breakfast potatoes to suit your liking, I say GO FOR IT! For a cajun flair, add a sprinkle or two or your favorite cajun seasoning blend. To make them a bit more earthy and herby, add some fresh rosemary or parsley to the bowl when you’re tossing them in the oil and seasonings. For greek flavor, use your preferred greek seasoning and a squeeze of lemon juice. Any way you choose to season these potatoes, I KNOW you will love them!
This almost always happens when there is too much moisture! Make sure to really pat the potatoes dry before air frying!
For these breakfast potatoes, I recommend russet potatoes. But, yellow potatoes are also tasty?
This will vary between models. If your model recommends it then do preheat it. If not, then don’t worry about it!
Some people think it makes a huge difference but I don’t! These potatoes are nice and crispy WITHOUT soaking!
more quick and easy air fryer recipes
- 1 Lb Russet potato, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika 1
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt, depending how salty you like things
- Pinch of pepper
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes and place onto a paper towel.
- Use another paper towel to blot the potatoes and get as much moisture off as you can.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil, and then the rest of the seasoning.
- Place into the basket of your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then, shake and cook another 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!