This cheesy, breakfast delight is sponsored by my friends at Sargento®, the makers of 100% real, natural cheese goodness!
This healthy breakfast cauliflower pizza has soft eggs and a leek bacon pesto. You’ll never know it’s secretly high in protein, gluten free and low carb! You could even serve it as breakfast for dinner!
Just take a moment to bask in the runny, drippy, delicious glow of the egg yolk and melty cheesy combo happenin’ here.
AAAAND. Moment DONE.
There’s pizza to eat. No more moments to WASTE.
I’m just going to cut to the chase here peeps. This is 110% hands down your newest most favorite breakfast. Or maybe Brinner. Because pizza is basically just good for all the meals that the inner-pizza-loving person that I know you are has to eat daily.
Can you just think of that moment where your teeth sink through a layer of soft egg yolk, then enter ooey-gooey-melty-cheese land, which leads straight to chewy, tender mushrooms and then finishes with this PUNCH of vibrant lemon, zesty leeks, smoky bacon and crispy, crunchy CAULIFLOWER CRUST.
Yes, I said crispy and crunchy. We are NOT getting down with soggy cauliflower pizzas today. Or, like, EVER.
Opposite of that though, we ARE getting down with BACON PESTO. Why yes, now that you ask, that is a real thing and it does exist in the universe. And you CAN make it in about 5 minutes and then put it on all the things EVER.
But, mostly, put it on this PIZZA. AKA: Your new best breakfast friend.
AKA, the sequel: A little slice of HEAVEN. <– Had to.
Okay. Let me just come up from the cheesy-bacon-major-YUM coma that I’m THEEESCLOSE to entering so I can tell you about something super fun, awesome and exciting:
Sargento’s “Chopped at Home Challenge!”
Do you remember last year’s challenge where I made you some healthy Baked Chicken Tenders? Well, my friends over at Sargento are at it again this year. If YOU enter you could win $5000 and a chance to compete on ‘Chopped!” <— That is my DREAM life for realsies.
Of course, we had different basket ingredients this time ‘round. Peep ‘em:
- Crimini Mushrooms
- Sargento Sharp Cheddar Fine Cut
Just kidding. Bacon wasn’t actually required. But it’s bacon. And I know you like it. So, there.
P.s Bacon PESTO. Just reminding you about its existence in your life.
It’s been almost a YEAR since the last cauliflower crust pizza and you guys were all like “WELL THAT IS DELISH” and you pinned it 52030500 times (approximately) so I saw cheese and cauliflower. It was a NO BRAINER.
But, if for some reason you don’t like cauliflower, try this zucchini pizza crust from Gluten Free on a Shoestring!
But, a good ‘za is alllll about the cheese AND shoving as MANY toppings as you can on it right? So, I give to you the most magical combination of earthy onions, spicy leeks, superfresh parsley and that smoky bacon kick the just won’t quit.
And the egg. Because I’ve been having a moment with “putting an egg on it” ever since we wrapped our mouths around those tangles of Zucchini Noodles with Everything Pesto. Plus, who doesn’t love cutting into an egg yolk and having it drip all down their hands, arms, and somehow ending up in their hair.
Liquid GOLD in high-protein, healthy, creamy delicious egg form guys. It’s ALL here.
Let’s just be real with each other. You’ve done the cold, leftover-pizza-for-breakfast jam before. And, in the name of continuing realness, you know that is SO. FREAKING. GOOD.
But, I pinky-promise that you won’t be mad when you leave your previous “cold pizza ways” behind and jump onboard the fresh, warm, ooey-gooey, smoky, zesty pizza train.
Not. One. Little. Bit.
Breakfast Cauliflower Pizza with Eggs and Leek Bacon Pesto
This healthy breakfast cauliflower pizza has soft eggs and a leek bacon pesto. You’ll never know it’s secretly high in protein, gluten free and low carb! You could even serve it as breakfast for dinner! - Gluten Free, Grain Free, High protein + Low Carb
For the pizza:
- 6 Cups Packed Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/4 lbs of pieces)
- 3/4 Cup Sargento Sharp Cheddar Fine Cut divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg white
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cremini Mushrooms sliced
For the pesto:
- 4 slices Hickory-smoked bacon
- 3/4 Cup Roughly chopped Italian parsley loosely packed
- 1/2 Cup Sliced leeks loosely packed, just the light green parts
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsps Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp water
- 2 small eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
In a large food processor, process the cauliflower until it is fine, and the texture of rice.
- Place the cauliflower into a LARGE bowl and microwave for 7 minutes, stir, and microwave for an additional 7 minutes. Then, let the cauliflower stand until cool enough to handle, 10-15 minutes.
- Dump the cauliflower into a thin kitchen towel * and ring out ALL the excess moisture. Once you think you've gotten all the water it, transfer it to another thin towel and ring out again. Put some muscle into it and really get out as much as you can, as this is the key to a not-soggy crust
- Transfer the cauliflower back into a large bowl and add in 1/2 Cup of the cheese, reserving the rest for later, the garlic, Italian season, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and then add the egg white, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the cauliflower into 2 balls (about a heaping 1/2 cup each) and flatten each onto on the pizza pan, leaving a ridge for the crust. Your crust should be roughly 5.5 inches across.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the pizza cooks, heat a large pan on medium-high heat and cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy, flipping once. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and blot off any excess fat.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the mushrooms into the reserved bacon fat. Cook until soft and brown, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to the paper-towel lined plate and blot off any excess fat.
- Crumble the bacon in a SMALL food processor (this will not work in standard, large food processor. Mine is 3 cups) and process until crumbly and broken down.
- Add in the parsley, leeks, lemon juice, garlic and pinch of salt and pepper. Process until the herbs are broken down and well mixed.
- With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the pizza is golden, remove from the oven and turn the oven temperature up to 500 degrees. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the remaining cheese onto each Pizza (a total of 2 Tbsps) and bake until melted, only about 1 minute.
- Spread 1/4 of the pesto onto each of the pizza crusts**, then sprinkle each with 1 more Tbsp of cheese. Line the outside ring of the pizzas with the cooked mushroom slices and gently crack and egg into the center of each pizza. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pizzas until the eggs reach your desired level of cooking. We like our egg yolks runny, which took about 6-7 minutes.
I find the thinner the towel, the more water you are able to squeeze out.
* You will only use half of the total pesto in this recipe - 1/4 of it per pizza - but making 1/2 of this recipe is just too small for the food processor to blend.If you decide to double the pizza crust, and make 4 pizzas, you do not need to double the pesto.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT SARGENTO. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Challenge deets: Submit your recipe HERE for the chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize!
STAY IN TOUCH WITH SARGENTO ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE INSPIRATION: PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK / TWITTER
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 10 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
Want more healthy cauliflower recipes?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.