This Sweet Potato Pizza Crust is SO crispy you won’t believe it’s gluten, grain, dairy and sugar free and made of veggies! Even picky eaters will love it!
PIN Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
This sweet potato pizza crust might be the paleo lemon bars of 2020.
Liiiiike, I had to make it almost 10 times to get it perfect! It always tasted good but the crispy factor was just NOT THERE.
But THEN, a lightbulb came on and I ripped a step from the cauliflower pizza with Greek yogurt pesto and breakfast cauliflower pizza play book and rung out the sweet potato before adding the “goods” in!
VOILA, that was the magic ticket!
So, pro: tip don’t skip that step or you will not be on your way to crispy-crunchy-crust land and you will be SAD.
But if you follow my lead? The CRISPIEST, wholesome pizza crust is going to be yours to load up with toppings and shove into your hungry mouth!
Is the texture of Sweet Potato Pizza Crust different than regular pizza dough?
I just LOVE pizza- everything about it- and I know I’m not alone in the way I feel. I mean, it’s hot, it’s satisfying, it’s filling, and that CRISPY crust gets me every time. But you don’t have to get that pizza goodness in just one way! One of my FAVE ways to get those pizza flavors is in my Pizza Low Carb Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles or whip up a delicious and easy appetizer like Pizza Bites. If you DO want regular pizza, but with a healthy twist, this crust will not disappoint! It’s crispy just like the classic pizza crust you know and love!
Is Sweet Potato Pizza Crust healthier than normal crust?
If you’re a pizza lover like me, you might often find yourself on the hunt for a better-for-you option that will satisfy the pizza craving! This potato pizza crust will do just that. It’s completely gluten free, protein and nutrient packed, not to mention absolutely DELISH! So, in short, YES it is healthier than traditional pizza crust but that doesn’t mean you won’t love it!
Sweet Potato Pizza Ingredients
Now that we’re all on the sweet potato crust train, let’s round up the ingredients we will need to make it!
- Sweet Potato
- Almond Flour
- Avocado Oil Spray
How do you make Sweet Potato Crust from scratch?
Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to fully preheat. Meanwhile, line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Peel your sweet potatoes and cube them. Put the cubes in a large food processer and process until well broken down. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and ring out the excess moisture. The more you ring out, the crispier your crust will be!
Place the sweet potato back into the food processer and add all the other ingredients as well, other than the cooking spray. Blend until the mixture is well combined.
Transfer your dough to the prepared pan and push out until it is very thin (about ⅙ of an inch).
Bake your pizza crust for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Next, take it out and spray it with avocado oil and then pop it back in the oven for 5-8 more minutes or until the top is nicely browned!
Remove the pan from the oven and gently flip it over. Peel off the parchment and pop the crust back in the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Flip it back over, top as desired and bake until the cheese melts! Slice, serve and DEVOUR!
What toppings go best with Potato Crust?
Foods that I can switch up and get creative with are by far my FAV. They never get boring because you can jazz them up by dressing them up or dressing them down. Pizza is DEFINITELY one of those types of food, and I mean come on, who doesn’t love it!? Here are a few toppings you can use on this pizza:
- Sauce: You can keep it traditional with tomato sauce or use homemade pesto – snag it from my Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash Recipe.
- Veggies: Roasted red peppers and onions would be delicious!
- Protein: Grilled chicken slices, cooked sausage or pepperoni would be DELISH!
Other Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
- 1 Lb Sweet potato
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Almond flour (75g)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the potato and cut it into cubes. Place it in a large food processor (mine is 10 cups) and process until finely broken down.
- Transfer to a thin kitchen towel and ring out all the excess moisture. Put some muscle in it because your crispy crust depends on it!
- Place the potato back into the food processor with all the other ingredients (except the spray) and process until combined.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and press out very thinly - about 1/6 of an inch. *
- Bake for 40 minutes. Then, spray the top with avocado oil spray and bake another 5-10 minutes (you want the crust to get really brown in spots but not black!)
- Remove from the oven and gently flip the crust over and peel away the parchment. Bake another 3-5 minutes.
- Flip back over, top and bake until the cheese melts (if using) and DEVOUR! **
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
per 1/4 of the crust
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!