PIN Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
Okay FFF fam, what is it about stuffing things inside chicken that just makes it SO MUCH BETTER?
Probably because it usually involves cheese and we all know everything is better with cheese right?
Also, before we even go further, pro tip: buy the pre-sliced provolone cheese to make this recipe and thank me later for the time saved. <–And if you have leftovers, just make philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers!
Why you will love this recipe
What’s better than perfectly cooked chicken breast, you ask? Well, chicken breast that is STUFFED with asparagus and cheesy goodness, that’s what! This recipe is PERECT for serving guests because it feels fancy and tastes great but is also super easy to make in the comfort of your own home! It is made with healthy ingredients, too, so you and your crew are guaranteed to love this asparagus stuffed chicken breast recipe.
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Ingredients
I love chicken breast. It’s such a versatile protein and there are SO many fun ways to dress it up to complement its flavor and texture! It’s also pretty easy to cook and goes well in so many different dishes. THIS asparagus stuffed chicken breast recipe takes chicken to the NEXT LEVEL because I’ve stuffed it with cheese and asparagus! Serve this easy, healthy recipe up at your next dinner party and you’re going to have your friends thinking you’re a gourmet chef. Here’s what you’ll need to make it happen:
- Chicken Breast
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Honey Mustard
- Provolone Cheese
- Asparagus Stalks
- Olive Oil
How to make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
Now that we have rounded up all our delicious ingredients, let’s get this show on the road! You’re going to have a top notch dinner meal to share with friends and family in no time at all! Here’s how to make this stuffed chicken and asparagus:
Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat fully.
Slice the chicken breasts almost all the way in half, but leave them attached enough so that they stay in tact. The chicken breasts should be able to fold open. Inside each chicken breast, sprinkle some garlic powder, italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt. There’s no need to measure! Sprinkle italian seasoning on the outside of each chicken breast.
Spread 1 teaspoon of honey mustard on the inside of each chicken breast. Add a slice of provolone cheese and 2 asparagus spears on top. Fold the chicken over and secure it with toothpicks if needed.
Heat up the olive oil in a large, oven-safe pan to medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each chicken breast and cook the same amount of time on the other side.
Cover the pan with tinfoil and place it in the oven. Bake until the chicken is done, which should take about 15 minutes.
Serve it up and DEVOUR!
How do you know when the chicken is done?
When making this chicken breast stuffed with asparagus and cheese, you may be wondering how you’ll know the chicken is fully cooked and ready to enjoy. Simply insert a meat thermometer into your chicken breasts after they are baked. The temperature will read 165 degrees Fahrenheit when the chicken is done!
What do you eat with Stuffed Chicken breast provolone asparagus?
This delicious stuffed chicken recipe is tasty all on its own. The tang and sweetness from the honey mustard, the richness of the cheese, and the flavor of the spices will make this recipe a “must make again” without a doubt! If you want to add some sides to make this a meal, here are a few I recommend:
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes would be a great side dish to have alongside this chicken.
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette is a fun salad that pairs so well with chicken.
- Tahini Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a great choice for a side dish for this meal!
Other Healthy Chicken Recipes
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast (about 4 small breasts)
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- 4 tsp Honey mustard
- 3 Oz Provolone cheese (4 thick slices)
- 8 Stalks of asparagus, trimmed to fit in the chicken
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breasts almost all the way in half, but keeping them still intact, so that each can chicken can fold open. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and a pinch of salt on the inside of each breast (no need to measure.) Sprinkle just the Italian seasoning on the outside of the chicken breasts.
- Spread 1 tsp of the honey mustard all over the inside of each chicken breast. Lay a slice of provolone over top of the each chicken, followed by 2 asparagus spears. Fold the chicken over and secure with tooth picks if needed.
- Heat the oil up on medium heat in a large, oven-safe pan. Place the chicken in and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Cover the pan with tinfoil and bake until an instant read thermometer inserted in the chicken breast reads 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!