This grilled sweet potato salad is tossed with cauliflower rice and a creamy, curried almond butter vinaigrette for a healthy, Paleo & Vegan-friendly side dish for the Summer!
Baby Showers bring May flowers!
The saying might be a little bit different than that, but you know what I mean.
AND, today I get to take part in my first ever Virtual Baby Shower for Michelle from Healthy Recipe Ecstasy! WOO HOO.
Do ya’ll know Michelle? She creates recipes that kick ya in the taste buds with both HEALTH and NUM at the same time. I mean, check out these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chunks. I want 100 BITES O’ THOSE.
I am assuming that is equivalent to a dozen paleo cookies. I feel like that is a proper portion size. You agree? Good. I’ll keep you.
This lovely lady just had a wee little man, and we got a whole GAGGLE of wonderful ladies to make a bunch of baby-shower friendly food fer yer facial holes. We got appetizers, desserts, (hello paleo magic cookie bars!) side dishes, salads.
You want it? WE GOT IT.
My mission? A sweet potato salad. And, my peeps, I am seriously SO EXCITED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU.
This may or not be that sweet potato salad that they should have invented padlock Tupperware for. You know, because you put it inside the fridge in said Tupperware so that you can be the BEST WIFE EVER, and have a healthy and nourishing bowl of dinner deliciousness for your hubby when he gets back from work.
And then he gets home. And you welcome him with a big hug in attempt to draw attention away from the fact that you made him a piece of toast. Also to distract him as you wipe off the smear of the CREAMIEST EVER almond butter vinaigrette from your face.
Clearly I am still working on this whole “die to self and put Hubskerdoodle’s taste-bud needs above your own.”
I might work on it. I’m still thinking about it.
BUT, really, have you ever TRIED grilled sweet potatoes? It takes that natural sweetness that the name obviously states they have, and adds this smoky layer of lighty-crisp but so-creamy-how-does-it-even-happen-YUM.
Plus, it’s sunny out. Which means I want to grill everything in sight. I would even grill my face.
But, my rapping skills are too under-par for that. You understand.
In other news. Cauliflower. Are you upset at how much I have been throwing it at your computah screen? Are we at that point where we can still be friends even through my moments of food-obsessions and gimme-it-every-day-any-way?
And now, cauliflower rice. In a SALAD. Mixed up with the most ree-deee-kulously ah-may-zing Homemade Almond Butter Coconut vinaigrette with JUST the rice amount of curry kick in the patootie to balance out the subtly sweet raisins and crunchy toasty-roasty almonds.
And yes, the vinaigrette does look EERILY similar to the curry coconut cashew cream sauce that we spread ALL OVAH the paleo pizza a weeks ago. Actually…..EXACTLY the same except it’s made of almond butter, not cashew butter. And spread on cauliflower pizza, not cauliflower rice.
But, it was RLY RLY RLY good and I knew that you wouldn’t judge me for sticking with something that is already proven to be YUM.
I know you.
Anyway. This salad? It’s got SOUL.
Whatever that means.
Just don’t ask The Hubonana about it.
Let’s just say, he noticed the almond butter wipe-age.
There’s still toast bitterness.
Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 2 Large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced about 1/4 thick (500g)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted and divided
- 4 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces (about 1 small head)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds toasted *
- 1/4 Cup Golden raisins
- Preheat your grill to high heat and toss the sliced sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and cook until they get nice grill marks and begin to go fork tender. Flip and repeat on the other side. This takes about 2-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and place into a large bowl, covering to keep warm.
- While the potatoes cook, place the cauliflower into a large food processor and break down until it begins to look like rice,
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and place the cauliflower rice in. Cover and cover for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower feels tender. Then uncover the pan and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl, adjusting the sriracha to taste. Set aside.
- Add half the cauliflower rice into the bowl with the potatoes. Then, pour in the dressing and mix well. Add in the remaining cauliflower rice, the chopped cilantro, toasted almonds and the golden raisins. Stir well to ensure the dressing is evenly distributed, and adjust salt to taste.
* To toast almonds, place them on a small pan in a 400 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Watch them closely, as they burn quickly.
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations!
Want more healthy salads?
Superfood Salmon Kale Salad
Skinny Grilled Red Potato Salad
In honour of Michelle, we’ve got a fun giveaway for you! Enter using the widget below, and make sure to check out all the other recipes!
Showering Michelle, Alasdair & Baby Alexander
- Manchego Cheese Fritters with Honey Mustard Ranch, by Cooking and Beer
- Asparagus Tomato Crostini with Fresh Mint and Chives, by Simply Fresh Dinners
- Strawberry Bruschetta with Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, by The NY Melrose Family
- Kimchi Salmon and Rainbow Pickles, by BAM’s Kitchen
- Curried Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Carrot Slaw, by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos, by Natural Chow
- Spicy Asian Chicken Puff Pastry Bites with Hoisin Peanut Sauce, by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Mahi Mahi with Dragon Fruit-Pineapple Salsa, by No Gojis No Glory
- Warm Corn Salad, by The Complete Savorist
- Asian Jerk Meatball Wraps, by Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- Roasted Cauliflower and Pearl Barley Bowls with Creamy Tahini-Dill Dressing, by An Edible Mosaic
- Grilled Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Salad with Coconut Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette, by Food Faith Fitness
- Asparagus with Grated Egg and Capers, by Pinch and Swirl
- Strawberry Spinach Salad, by Bitz & Giggles
- Almond and Caramel Date Tart with Chocolate Ganache (Vegan and Gluten-Free), by The Crafting Foodie
- Coconut Sorbet, by House of Yumm
- Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with a Cookie Dough Crust, by Vitamin Sunshine