I recently discovered everything bagel seasoning and, honestly, now nothing is safe.
I love it on eggs or avocado toast, if I am being basic.
ESPECIALLY when cream cheese is in the mix like this healthy little weeknight dinner that got 5 stars from the Hubs!
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning made of?
Have you heard of everything bagels? I’d be SUPER surprised if your answer is no! But if it is, don’t worry because I’m going to fill you in on everything you need to know about it! It’s the PERF seasoning for bagels, breads, salads, you name it! I love sprinkling it on sandwiches like Mexican Avocado Spread Sandwiches to add that extra flavor to finish them off! This is why I love it- because you can jazz up so many simple recipes just by adding a dash or two of it!
The combination of spices is just MAGIC:
- Poppy seeds
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Dried Garlic
- Dried Onion
- Coarse Salt
Everything Bagel Chicken Ingredients
Yes, this amazing spice blend can do wonders for savory baked goods, but did you know that it can also REALLY dress up meat and add that extra punch of flavor you’re looking for? Welllll it totally can, and will! This Everything but the Bagel Chicken recipe only calls for a few ingredients, so let’s gather them and get this party started!
For this deliciousness, you will need:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
How to Make it Dairy Free
If this sounds like your kind of recipe, but you need it to be dairy-free, that’s an easy fix! The ingredients can easily be modified to suit your needs. Cream Cheese can easily be substituted for dairy free or vegan cream cheese. Keep in mind that this everything chicken recipe is NOT vegan, but vegan cream cheese spread can accommodate your dairy free needs!
How to Butterfly a Chicken Breast
There are so many ways to prepare chicken before it is cooked, and this has got to be one of my favorites! A butterflied chicken breast leaves 2 thinner slices that I find really easy to work with.
To butterfly a chicken breast, simply place one hand on top of the chicken breast. With your dominant hand and a sharp knife, carefully slice into the chicken breast horizontally, until you are almost all of the way through.
Be sure to leave a small portion uncut so that the 2 halves remain attached.
How to make Everything Bagel Chicken
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butterfly your chicken breast by slicing it through horizontally not quite all the way, ensuring that it is still attached. Open up the chicken breast and season it with salt.
Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning generously all over all sides of the chicken breast.
Roll and Secure
Put 1 tablespoon of cream cheese at the end of each chicken breast, then spread it out on the meat. Roll up each chicken breast and secure them with toothpicks.
Heat the oil in a large oven safe frying pan on medium high heat. Sear the chicken until it looks golden brown on both sides (2-3 minutes per side).
Pop your pan in the oven and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and an oven safe thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
Now it’s time to DEVOUR! This is one of my FAVE Everything but the Bagel Recipes and I guarantee you’re going to love it!
Side Dish Ideas
Are you SOLD on the Everything Bagel Chicken but need some sides to make it the full meal deal? Here are some of my favorite sides that would pair so well with this tasty chicken:
- Salads: I love them and they go great alongside a chicken dish. Some of my favorites are Quinoa Chickpea Avocado Salad with Black beans and Mediterannean Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Potatoes: there are so many ways to cook potatoes. Some recipes that would pair well with this chicken are Tahini Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Oven Roasted Lemon Greek Potatoes.
- Veggies: keep it simple and make some sauteed broccolini!
Me thinks you are going to eat EVERYTHING when you make the dinner 😉
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (4 small breasts)
- 8 teaspoons Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Slice your chicken breasts open width wise almost all the way, you want the two sides to still be joined together, and season with salt.
- Sprinkle the bagel seasoning all over both sides of all the chicken breasts. You can put the seasoning in a shallow, sided plate if it’s easier, or just sprinkle it right now.
- Place one Tbsp of cream cheese at the end of each breast and roll up, securing with some toothpicks.
- Heat the oil up in a large, oven-safe frying pan on medium high heat. Sear the chicken until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, and an instant read thermometer reaches 165°F, about 15-20 minutes.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.