These protein cauliflower oats are topped with sauteed strawberries for a healthy, gluten free, high protein breakfast with hidden veggies! Great for kids or adults!
Pin Protein Cauliflower Oats
The breakfast I eat almost every day because it’s just SO GOOD.
And, it has cauliflower.
You wouldn’t be surprised about chicken cauliflower rice soup or even a cauliflower crust pizza recipe but in oats?
You think I’ve lost my mind don’t you.
Cauliflower in oats, say what?
When thinking of breakfast ideas, one that pops into my mind immediately is OATMEAL! I am a lover of all things oats. A couple of recipes I recommend are latte overnight oats with greek yogurt and Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Yogurt. What if I told you that you can put CAULIFLOWER in your oats and it will be so filling, delicious and nutritious that it’ll become one of your faves? I know it sounds crazy, but these protein cauliflower oats are going to blow your mind!
Protein Cauliflower Oats Ingredients
Stay with me, ladies and gentlemen, because you are going to be SO SURPRISED by these amazing cauliflower protein oats. YES, they do contain cauliflower but you won’t be mad about it when you find out that it’s combined with sweet strawberries and tastes absolutely scrumptious! To make them, here’s what you’ll need:
- Coconut Oil
- Sliced Strawberries
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (gluten free if needed)
- Sweetener of choice (I use stevia)
- Frozen riced cauliflower
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Peanut Butter
What kind of Protein Powder to use in Cauliflower Oats?
I love a good punch of protein in a meal when I wasn’t expecting it, don’t you? It’s like that added bonus and the meal that keeps on giving by keeping you full and satisfied! Feel free to use whatever protein powder you prefer in these oats. I love vanilla flavored protein powder but you could totally go for plain or chocolate!
How to Make Oats
Now that I’ve convinced you that cauliflower in oats is NOT strange and outlandish, are you ready to get this party started!? Here’s how to make these oats a delicious reality!
In a medium sized pan, melt the coconut oil on medium low heat. Add the strawberries to the pan and cook, stirring frequently until they strawberries are soft and lightly browned. Set them aside.
In a small pot, stir together the oats, cinnamon and sweetener until well combined. Add in the riced cauliflower and water and stir again.
Bring the mixture in the small pot to a boil on high heat. Next, turn the heat down to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture is creamy but there is still a bit of water left. This should take about 5 minutes.
Top it off and Enjoy
Remove from heat, spoon into a bowl and top with the strawberries and peanut butter. DEVOUR!
Now that you’ve got a hot bowl of delicious oats, what could be better? TOPPINGS, of course! I guarantee that you will adore the sauteed strawberries and peanut butter, but if you’re wanting to change things up next time you make these oats, here’s a few other topping ideas:
- Switch it up by using the strawberry rhubarb mixture from my Vegan Overnight Oats instead of strawberries on their own.
- Spoon a big dollop of raspberry cheesecake filling from my Stuffed French Toast on top and indulge!
- Drizzle on as much Homemade Pecan Butter as your heart desires! Can’t go wrong with nut butter!
Other Healthy Cauliflower Recipes
Protein Cauliflower Oats
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan on medium-low heat. Add in the strawberries and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly brown. Set aside.
- In a small pot, stir together the oats, cinnamon and sweetener. Add in the riced cauliflower and water and stir.
- Bring the cauliflower to a boil on high heat. Then, reduce to low and cook until creamy, but a little water still remaining, stirring very often. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the protein powder, then top with the strawberries and nut butter.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!