These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are only 3 simple ingredients and are so crispy! Naturally gluten free, vegan, paleo & whole30 too!
PIN Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Oh hi it’s just me again, making more air fryer recipes.
Are you already bored from the air fryer brussels sprouts, air fryer falafel and air fryer buffalo cauliflower?
I hope not because I feel like I am just getting started with my air fryer obsession. IT’S JUST SO GOOD.
Already pondering some gluten free onion rings or maybe some simple Instant pot boiled potatoes?
I KNOW. AMAZING.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
While I realllly enjoy my air fryer roasted potatoes, I just LOVE me some sweet potatoes. They are so versatile, easy to cook, AND can be cooked SO many different ways- baked, boiled, mashed, or crisped up in the air fryer like these air fried sweet potato fries or you could even make air fryer potato wedges! They can be incorporated into both savory and sweet dishes and add that pop of color and delicious flavor that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! I am such a fan, so knowing that they are also nourishing and I can feel good about eating and enjoying them is just an added bonus!
Check out these health benefits of sweet potatoes:
- They support healthy vision: Did you know that orange foods like sweet potatoes can boost the health of your eyes and keep you seeing clearly? It’s true!
- They promote gut health: Loads of fibre and antioxidants are found in sweet potatoes, which will keep your gut in good working order!
- They are highly nutritious: Not only delicious, sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber to keep your body healthy and strong. Their anti-inflammatory nutrients, cancer-fighting and immune system-boosting properties make them an excellent food choice!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
If you have read any of my content before, you probably know that I love my air fryer. I seriously feel like it’s always out on my counter, air frying up something delicious! I use it in SO many recipes, but a couple must-trys are Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower and Air Fryer Roasted Asian Broccoli. These sweet potato fries in air fryer are also one of my favorite air fryer recipes! They’re easy, they’re delish, and they are so crispy- perfect for a side dish or a tasty snack literally whenever the craving hits you! For these fries, you will need only a handful of ingredients:
- Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Corn starch
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
Ok, so I still can’t believe how easy it is to make BOMB food in the air fryer! Whatever you put into it comes out as crispy, hot, tasty deliciousness! These airfryer sweet potato fries are no exception! Here’s how you’re going to make them:
Heat it up
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Toss your potatoes in the oil in a large bowl. Add the cornstarch and toss it again, making sure the cornstarch is well dissolved.
Spread your fries out evenly in the basket of your air fryer. Be sure to leave space between each fry, so you may need to do them in 2 batches! Sprinkle them with salt.
Let your fries cook until they are golden brown, which will take about 15-20 minutes.
Take the fries out of your air fryer and dig in!
But, if you don’t have any air fryer, you can also bake these how you would the parsnip fries! They just won’t be as crunchy!
Also, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can make these crispy baked sweet potato fries in the oven!
How to reheat fries in the Air Fryer
If you don’t finish all these crispy, delicious fries, fear not! You don’t have to toss them out, because they can be reheated in your air fryer to enjoy again! All you need to do is:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. This will allow them to reheat evenly.
- Arrange the fries in the fryer’s basket with plenty of space in between them.
- Heat the fries for 3-4 minutes, taking out the basket to shake it a bit halfway through the heating time.
- Arrange them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Enjoy them AGAIN!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Here’s where you can get creative! I don’t know about you, but when I think fries, I think DIPPING SAUCE. There are so many ways to jazz these up, and here are a few sauces I recommend to pair with them:
- The spicy yogurt dip from Baked Coconut Calamari recipe would be such a good dipping sauce for these fries!
- The zing in the avocado ranch dip from Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Poppers would pair so well!
- The creamy avocado dip that goes with Vegan Buffalo Patties would also be a winner!
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast
20 Gluten Free Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- 1/2 Lb Sweet Potato, Cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch (or tapioca starch)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil. Then, add the cornstarch and toss until it is absorbed.
- Spread the fries in one layer in the mesh basket of the air fryer, making sure there is space between each fry. You might need to do 2 batches! Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 15-20 mins.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 3 POINTS+: 3 OLD POINTS: 2
(per 1/2 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment