Just wanted you to pop in and letchu know that these chewy squares of portable breakfast perfection are sponsored by my friends over at Better Body Foods!
These gluten free banana cacao peanut oatmeal breakfast bars are made in one bowl! They’re a healthy, easy, on-the-go breakfast that is vegan friendly and perfect for busy mornings!
There is nothing that I can’t declare not entirely 1000% perfect about these super easy (hello one bowl!) breakfast bars that are jam-packed with chewy, wholesome oatmeal, nutty peanut butter powder, sweet, moist bananas and that cacao nib CRUNCH.
I am going to make the BOLD statement that cacao nibs might just be the new chocolate chips.
And powdered cacao? YEP. You guessed it:
Cocoa powder is SO 2015. Now it’s ALL about the ingredient that just sounds like you don’t know how to pronounce “cocoa” but, really, you are a fancy-food elitist and you ARE pronouncing it correctly.
We’re talking about cacao still peeps. Try to keep up.
SRSLY though. Why would you not use an ingredient has an even RICHER, chocolatier taste and is a super-secret-food-ninja in the sense that, on a scale from one to 10, it takes the healthy-good-for-you-superfood-ness of these bars up to 100 to the power of YUMMAYYYY.
You know what I mean.
What I am trying to say is, if you thought you liked the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal breakfast bars, then wait until the hangry-morning-person that I know you are (but only because that totally describes my existence too) is going to get really excited about putting these dense (in the BEST kind of way), chewy and sweet bars into your mouth.
Especially when your tongue tingles with a LITTLE bitter burst of cacao that calms down the natural sweetness from the SUPER ripe banana vibes that are running their fruity-fresh selves all through each nutritious breakfast-BITE.
Whoever said that a homemade cereal recipe was the breakfast of champions was a LIAR.
I’ve got both hands waving in the air to cast my vote for one-bowl-good-for-you-superfood-peanut-butter-banana-YES-PLEASE bars.
Maybe even my feet to.
All in baby. ALL. IN.
Aside from oatmeal breakfast bar love, I need to mention the addiction/obsession/eat-it-errrry-day love that I experience when my peanut-butter-loving-mouth gets even a little taste of Better Body Food’s PB Fit Powdered Peanut Butter. But, you probably figured this out back in the days of vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough.
What can I say? Totally guilty of being a creature of habit.
Not even worried about it.
Along with the magical organic-ness that is the new PB Fit, Better Body Foods A-L-S-O is rocking my chocolate-loving-LIFE-ON-PLANET-EARTH with their yummy new powdered cacao.
As seen mixed up inside these breakfast bars, giving them depth and delicious and CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS in a way that can only mean you’re going to start your day off REALLY, REALLY TASTY.
See also, the sequel: as seen in my BELLY. Because superfood + chocolate + actually tastes good = my definition of things that I want to be eating on a VERY regular basis.
You feel the same way. I can tell.
We’re going to end this with a very serious real-life question: when has chocolate + peanut butter + banana ever let you down?
Drawing a blank?
Thasssss what I THOUGHT.
Cacao Peanut Oatmeal Breakfast Bars with Banana
for the bars:
- 1 1/2 Cups Very ripe banana mashed (about 4 medium bananas or 3 very large, 360g)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup Rolled old-fashioned oatmeal (98g)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Better Body Foods Organic Pb Fit Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal flour To see how to make your own in 1 minute click HERE
- 1/4 Cup Better Body Foods Powdered Cacao
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cacao nibs divided
- 3 Tbsp Better Body Foods Organic Pb Fit Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Water or until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub an 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the mashed banana, coconut sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Add in all the remaining bar ingredients, except the cocoa nibs, and stir until a thick batter forms. Then, stir in 3 Tbsp of the cacao nibs, reserving the rest for later.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining cacao nibs
- Bake until lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them.
- Let them cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
- Once cooled, cut into squares. Mix the powdered peanut butter with the water and drizzle over the bars.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT BETTER BODY FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 5 Points+: 5. Old Points: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more portable, vegan breakfasts?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOKAND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!