The slow cooker basically makes these energy quinoa breakfast bars for you! Gluten and dairy free and loaded with fiber to keep you full!
PIN Energy Quinoa Breakfast Bars
ANOTHER CROCK POT RECIPE.
But, remember when we ate Mexican Quinoa and discussed how the crock pot is, in fact, man’s BFF?
Well, you don’t mess with BFF’s and so it continues.
HOW-EV-ER, this is no ordinary crockpot recipe. It’s not soup or stew. It’s not even a fancy, slow cooker oatmeal recipe.
You GUYS. do you remember when I made you crock pot paleo cookies and you FREAKED OUT?
Like, you can actually throw a bunch of stuff together, go out and do your THANG, and come home to portable breakfast quinoa bars that are just ready for you to grab and go throughout the whole week.
If you don’t want to make a QUINOA bars recipe, ‘cause it’s just not your thang, I even have an oatmeal slow cooker superfood homemade protein bar recipe that you can try! OR a pumpkin oatmeal breakfast bars. Once you start baking in your slow cooker you will just NOT go back.
For real, if you weren’t 100% convinced that there is a wizard living inside of your Crock Pot, you better be now. I mean, you’ve got A FEW options to make inside your new-found-wizard-infested friend. T-W-O.
Before we discuss what’s actually mixed all up inside of these soft, lightly-maple-sweet and chewy bars of make-your-body-feel-all-sorts-of-good NUMS, we need to discuss breakfast.
DO YOU EAT IT?
I hope you answered yes.
I have ALWAYS been one of those people that eats breakfast within an hour of waking, even if I am not hungry (which never happens anyway. ALWAYS HUNGRY.) I think it’s so important to put some sort of fuel into that body to give it the energy that it needs to start the day.
And, really, when the only work that you need to do is, umm, WHISK things together and then WALK AWAY, how can these easy quinoa breakfast bars make you NOT want to do the breakfast dance amIright?
I don’t know what the looks like. But, I’m telling you to do it anyway.
As mentioned, these energy quinoa breakfast bars bars are packed with E-N-E-R-G-Y and healthy carbs in the form of raisins, chewy, sweet dried apples (I am SO addicted to those!) quinoa, toasted almonds and ALMOND BUTTER.
Remember the homemade almond butter from yesterday? You know I am on team “gimme ALL THE almond buttah forever and always the end.”
Except not quite the end. I had to invite some maple syrup to the party. You know, to sweeten the deal.
It could also be the inner Canadian in me being stifled and trying to be FREEEEEEE.
But, that sounds too dramatic for a recipe so simple. You understand.
Oh. And there’s CHIA SEEDS. Because, they’re ultra trendy and they help hold the bars together.
Why are these Energy Quinoa Breakfast Bars good for breakfast?
These quinoa bars are loaded with a great combination of healthy, wholesome carbs from the quinoa and dried fruit, with healthy fat from the almond butter. This combination will slow down the digestion of the carbs and keep you full. Also, quinoa and chia seeds are loaded with fiber and that also keeps you full. So, these bars will keep you full as you’re running around until lunch!
Plus, chia seeds are jam-packed with fiber to keep you FULL.
Folks, there you have it: on-the-go-breakfast-age. <–But if you have more time in the morning and still like the idea of quinoa for breakfast, this gingerbread sweet quinoa breakfast bake is for you.
Even if your hair looks like a freshly washed and blow-dried poodle, and you need to spend the extra 10 minutes de-poodle-i-fying, you can’t tell me you just “didn’t have time to munch.”
Eat ‘em while you driiiiive!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Energy Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Spray a 5 Quart Slow Cooker ** (READ NOTES) with cooking spray and cut a piece of parchment to just fit in the bottom of it. I just traced my slow cooker on a large piece of parchment, cut it out and stuck it in. Spray the parchment with cooking spray, and press it down to adhere it to the slow cooker. ***
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup and melt until the almond butter is creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk together the almond butter and maple syrup. Then, whisk in the almond milk, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until the milk is well incorporated with the almond butter.
- Whisk in the eggs until well combined, then stir in all remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slow cooker and cook on LOW heat until the top of the bars just appear set, about 3 1/2-4 hours****. Turn the slow cooker off and let the bars cool inside COMPLETELY, with the lid off.
- Run a knife around the outside of the bars and remove the bowl from the slow cooker.
- Once cool, cut into bars, drizzle with additional almond butter, and DEVOUR!
Store the bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator. ****Cooking time is based on a 5 squart slow cooker.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 3
(per bar, based on the recipe making 8)