This energy bar recipe is super easy and made in the slow cooker! Quinoa, chia seeds and almond butter make these bars a healthy snack or breakfast!
ANOTHER CROCK POT RECIPE.
But, remember when we ate Mexican Quinoa and discussed how the crock pot is, in fact, man’s BFF?
Well, so it continues.
HOW-EV-ER, this is no ordinary crockpot recipe. It’s not soup or stew. It’s not even a fancy, slow cooker oatmeal recipe.
You GUYS. do you remember when I made you crock pot paleo cookies and you FREAKED OUT?
Well, today I made you energy bars. IN THE SLOW COOKER. !!!!
Like, you can actually throw a bunch of stuff together, go out and do your THANG, and come home to a portable, breakfast that is just ready for you to grab and go throughout the whole week.
If you don’t like quinoa, I even have an oatmeal slow cooker superfood homemade protein bar recipe that you can try!
If you weren’t 100% convinced that there is a wizard living inside of your Crock Pot, you better be now. I mean, you’ve got 2 options to make inside your new-found-wizard-infested friend. T-W-O.
Before we discuss what’s actually mixed all up inside of these soft, lightly-maple-sweet and chewy bars of make-your-body-feel-all-sorts-of-good NUMS, we need to discuss breakfast.
DO YOU EAT IT?
I hope you answered yes.
I have ALWAYS been one of those people that eats breakfast, even if I am not hungry. I think it’s so important to put some sort of fuel into that body to give it the energy that it needs to start the day.
You know that I’ve partnered with Kohl’s to discuss easy ways to #MakeYourMove into a healthy lifestyle this year, and starting each and every day off on the right foot, is the perfect way to do so.
And, really, when the only work that you need to do is, umm, WHISK things together and then WALK AWAY, how can you NOT want to do the breakfast dance amIright?
I don’t know what the looks like. But, I’m telling you to do it anyway.
It’s the most important meal of the day which means the breakfast dance? EQUALLY IMPORTANT.
As mentioned, these bars are packed with E-N-E-R-G-Y and healthy carbs in the form of raisins, dried apples (I am SO addicted to those!) quinoa, toasted almonds and ALMOND BUTTER.
Remember the homemade almond butter from yesterday? You know I am on team “gimme ALL THE almond buttah forever and always the end.”
Except not quite the end. I had to invite some maple syrup to the party. You know, to sweeten the deal.
It could also be the inner Canadian in me being stifled and trying to be FREEEEEEE.
But, that sounds too dramatic for a recipe so simple. You understand.
Oh. And there’s CHIA SEEDS. Because, they’re cool and everyone loves them. And I haven’t used them in a recipe yet.
So, now I have. Check to the MARK.
Folks, there you have it: on-the-go-breakfast-age.
Even if your hair looks like a freshly washed and blow-dried poodle, and you need to spend the extra 10 minutes de-poodle-i-fying, you can’t tell me you just “didn’t have time to munch.”
DO IT WHILE YOU DRIVE.
I’m watching you.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Energy Bar Recipe
- 2 TbspAlmond butter
- 2 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 Cup Quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Almonds roughly chopped *
- 1/3 Cup Dried apples roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Spray a 5 Quart Slow Cooker with cooking spray and cut a piece of parchment to just fit in the bottom of it. I just traced my slow cooker on a large piece of parchment, cut it out and stuck it in. Spray the parchment with cooking spray, and press it down to adhere it to the slow cooker. **
- In a large, micro-wave safe bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup and melt until the almond butter is creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk together the almond butter and maple syrup. Then, whisk in the almond milk, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until the milk is well incorporated with the almond butter.
- Whisk in the eggs until well combined, then stir in all remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slow cooker and cook on LOW heat until the top of the bars just appear set, about 3 1/2-4 hours.
- Run a knife around the outside of the bars and remove the bowl from the slow cooker. Place into the refrigerate to cool completely.
- Once cool, cut into bars and DEVOUR!
Recipe Notesif you can’t find toasted almonds, just dry toast them in a 400 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden brown,
*Don’t skip this step. It makes the bars so much easier to get out.
Store the bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more quinoa?
Crusted Quinoa Chicken with Goat Cheese
PB & J Quinoa Egg Muffins
Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrettte
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.