Just wanted to let you know that these pillowy soft gluten dairy free vegan sugar cookies are sponsored by my friends over at Pleasant Hill Grain!
These SOFT and CHEWY Gluten Free Sugar Cookies are SO easy to make and seriously tasty! No one will believe these are healthy, egg free and 115 calories!
PIN Gluten Dairy Free Vegan Sugar Cookies
If cookie heaven were a real place that existed, these SOFT vegan sugar cookies would be its CLOUDS.
Holy WHOA. The pillowy-softness and chewiness of this gluten free sugar cookies recipe is just SO real and true. You just cannot make this kind of sugar cookie perfection UP.
The kind of EASY vegan sugar cookies that come out of the oven and you go to take a “test bite” and go from test bite –> FULL BLOWN cookie showdown in your hungry belly. In UNDER 60 seconds.
It’s times like these where I really think the Cookie Monster had the right idea in life. I would not be any kind of mad if I had to give up the roof over my head in favor for a garbage can if these dairy free sugar cookies were in the MIX.
Maybe you can grab a garbage can, cozy on up beside mine and we can try to find aforementioned cookie heaven together? I feel like our road map would be:
- Make vegan sugar cookie recipe
- Eat ENTIRE PAN of soft, chewy Christmas gems
- We may or may not find cookie heaven.
Even if we don’t though, we ate a bunch of simple, sweet and pretty much perfect gluten free chewy sugar cookies so did we really lose?
There are a few key players that are the VIPS of this stupid-easy healthy Christmas cookie recipe.
- FINELY ground oat flour
Is Butter Dairy?
Butter IS made from milk, which means it is a dairy product. However, it does have a low lactose content, so some dairy-free people can handle it!
However, because these are vegan sugar cookies, we’re using dairy free butter that adds this RICH flavor to the gluten dairy free vegan sugar cookies simple sweetness. Do not try to get fancy and use something like coconut oil.
That would make you a sugar cookie adulterer and you do not want that negativity-dark-cloud hovering over your holiday cheer.
Now, let’s talk oat flour. I’ve shown you how to make oat flour in your blender, but I didn’t realize that THIS oat flour was sub-par, and not nearly as fine as it could be, until I tried making it in my (SUPER PRETTY!) KoMo Classic Grain Mill from Pleasant Hill Grain!
Have you ever tried milling your own flour? Not only does the KoMo Classic Grain Mill make you feel EXTREMELY cool and trendy for doing so, it also makes it SO easy.
Liiiike, it’s electric. So, there is zero cranking or work to be done on your part. Plug the Komo Classic in, fill ‘er up, choose the grind and GO!
How to make oat flour
- Turn the KoMo Classic Mill on and turn the hopper to adjust your grind to the finest setting.
- Add your oat groats OR steel cut oats (that’s what I used) into the KoMo hopper and cover with the lid (make sure you have a bowl underneath to catch the flour!) Turn it on!
- You now have the FINEST, freshest oat flour EVER.
Besides some gluten dairy free vegan sugar cookies, imagine all the healthy holiday baking (or non-holiday!) that your fancy-milling-person-self can MAKE.
I don’t think it’ll be long until I see Y-O-U on The Food Network, entering super STARDOM.
And if that doesn’t happen?
Our garbage cans are going to suit us JUST fine.
We have cookies there.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Gluten Dairy Free Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and 1/3 cup of sugar until well combined. Add in the applesauce, vanilla and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir until a soft dough forms. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes so the dough is easier to work with.
- Spread the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar on a plate and roll the cookies into lightly heaping 1 Tbsp balls. Roll them through the sugar and then place them on then prepared pan, pressing them down just slightly, you want them to have some good height,
- Bake until the edges are a touch golden brown and the tops feel set (they firm up a lot once cooled!) about 10-11 minutes. Let cool on the pan completely.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT PLEASANT HILL GRAIN. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Check out all the other amazing (and gorgeous!) products that KoMo has to offer HERE!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 2. OLD POINTS: 2
(per 1 cookie – based on the recipe making 12)