This vegan peppermint bark is ready in 15 minutes and only has 6 ingredients! Its a quick and easy, healthy and paleo friendly Christmas food gift or dessert!
PIN Vegan Peppermint Bark
Food GIIIIIIIIFTS!! <3 <3 <3
Because gifts that taste really good in your mouth > Gifts that you can’t even put in your mouth.
Unless it’s shoes. No matter what, shoes are a good gift.
Unless their crocs.
*dives under the nearest chair to avoid whatever you’re throwing at me because you’re one of those people that wears crocs because “they’re comfy and that’s all.”*
I am judging you.
You remember the week of pecan pie paleo cookies, paleo pecan pie bars and vegan pecan pie overnight oats, so you are very familiar with my addiction to being addicted to specific flavor profiles and then posting about them forever and ever and ever until I get addicted to something else. SO, we’re doing MINT with minimal ingredients. LIIIKE, only 5 of them.
Food math. It’s the absolute ONLY kind that I allow to swirl around in my typically-math-HATING head.
This crispy-crunchy, HEAVY on the chocolate, perfectly restrained on the amount of minty-ness and CRAZY INSANE on the YUM, vegan peppermint bark is going to be the easiest thing that you ever make in your life. Easier than cauliflower mashed potatoes. Easier than Mexican quinoa in the crock pot. EASIER THAN EASY ITSELF.
I have zero clues about what that actually means, but it sounded like it would make you happy and excited about all thing gift-y and chocolate minty.6 Ingredient #Vegan & #Paleo Peppermint Bark is the perfect #Healthy Holiday foodie gift!Click To Tweet
Really though, this bark is going to be the champion of all your holiday gift giving due to the lack of time and energy and money and basically everything that you don’t want to put into picking a Christmas gift, that it takes.
If you can melt chocolate and press a power button on a food processor, you can make mint chocolate peppermint bark.
Also, if you’re a good-hearted, kind person, you can give super crunchy, rich and chocolatey, with notes of fresh minty goodness, bark away as Christmas gifts to all the people you <3 in your life.
On the other side of the imaginary coin, if you’re a person who really likes to eat sweet treats that are secretly healthy and free of added sugar and general nastiness, then you could give it to YO’SELF for Christmas.
Some may call it selfish.
I call it being honest with yourself.
In other news, how do you feel about the green polka-dot-ness that is speckling the deep, rich dark chocolate in this vegan peppermint bark?
My original attempt at mint chocolate bark was striped. For some reason, my coconut butter was feeling really cooperative and loving to my inner person who wants to make pretty food, and it melted and turned super creamy.
This allowed me to drizzle it over the chocolate in smooth stripes, and then swirl it around. It was really pretty and gave me warm fuzzies inside my heart.
BUT THEN, every batch after (5 batches, 2 jars of coconut butter) it WOULD NOT MELT. It just softened and turned into a wet, crumbly mixture.
Which is about the time that I decided that a POLKA DOT dark chocolate peppermint bark recipe IT IS.
It all tastes the same inside your tummy anyway.
I am going to say what I think I SHOULD say and tell you that it is better to give than to receive.
But, you know what I am really doing?
I am whispering in your ear that your hungry belly would REALLY like to receive a batch of crispy crunchy, fresh and sweet minty chocolate bark this Christmas.
Vegan Peppermint Bark
- 1/2 Cup Coconut butter 4 oz
- 1/2 Cup lightly packed Fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Pure peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp Hot almond milk I just microwaved mine a few seconds
- 8 oz Dark chocolate Dairy free for vegan
- Place the coconut butter in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until smooth and creamy.
- Add the melted coconut butter, along with the chopped mint and peppermint extract into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until the mint is broken down.
- With the food processor running, stream in the hot almond milk until the mixture turns wet and crumbly. Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt using half power and 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and creamy.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the melted chocolate onto it. Spread the chocolate so it's about a 11 x 8 1/2 inch rectangle.
- Crumble the mint mixture over the chocolate and lightly press the crumbles into the chocolate, leaving a little bit of the dark chocolate showing through.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 - 60 mins.
- Break into chunks and DEVOUR.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 13 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy food-gift ideas?
Rosemary Candied Pecans – Eating Bird Food
Candied Bacon Nut Brittle – Running To The Kitchen
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!