Gluten free Paleo Healthy Gingerbread Cookies are perfectly spicy, sweet and crispy! An easy, delicious holiday cookie that no one will know is healthy!
PIN Paleo Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
Like the kind that you COULD use as Christmas tree decorations.
But, TBH, I never really understood people who did that.
My Christmas tree has no stomach. Why does it need to be adorned with CRISPY, spicy-sweet gluten free gingerbread cookies, you know? I have a million Barbie Christmas tree ornaments for that.
- That’s a “Fun Taylor Fact” for ya. I collected Barbie ornaments until I was 20 or so! #NeverGrowingUp.
Anyway. A MUCH better use would be to adorn my hungry BELLY with such GOODNESS.
These paleo gingerbread cookies are one of the moments in life where I have to EAT MY WORDS because they have been not true. I told you in the paleo gluten free almond butter cookies that soft and chewy cookies were my jam, and that crispy/crunchy cookies had ZERO place in my cookie-munching life.
The first part of that IS true. Chewy cookies are still the love language that I speak. BUT, this gluten free gingerbread cookie recipe is making SPACE to throw a little crispy action into the MIX.
The moment when your teeth sink through this layer of heavily spiced, perfectly sweet, golden-brown CRUNCH and then the deep, rich and ULTRA FESTIVE molasses just sneaks up and grabs you by the taste buds?
CHRISTMAS HEAVEN my internet BFFs.
Whoever said you can’t make healthy Christmas cookies that, liiike, actually TASTE GOOD was SRSLY disturbed.
If you get that movie reference, then we would be best friends IRL. <–That is how the cool kids say “in real life” these days.
Is Gingerbread Gluten Free?
The traditional recipe for gingerbread cookies is NOT gluten free since it uses the standard all purpose flour.
Can I also just mention how addicting the combination of cozy Christmas spices is with the toasty almond flour? LIKE WHOA.
It is a festive flavor party that is going to satisfy your inner cookie monster on SUCH a deep level.
Is molasses good for you?
I bet you didn’t know that molasses actually has some pretty great health benefits!
- Molasses has both calcium AND magnesium, which can help build strong bones!
- It’s also a great source of iron which can combat anemia!
- It’s a powerhouse of potassium which is an electrolyte that helps balance the acids and bases in your body!
And now you’re wondering why you haven’t made paleo healthy gingerbread cookies a VRY regular part of your diet aren’t you?
You can thank me later.
Until then, let’s just make a pact to never hang cookies on our Christmas trees again.
Friends don’t let friends waste THIS kinda spicy-sweet BLISS.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Paleo Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and coconut sugar until mixed and crumbly. You will have to stop the beaters every so often and kind of press the butter and coconut sugar together with a spoon.
- Add in the egg white and molasses and beat until the mixture is fluffy and lightens in color, about 1 minute on high speed.
- In a separate, medium bowl, stir together all the remaining ingredients until well mixed. Add into the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Scrape the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a disc. Wrap tightly and freeze for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Roll the dough between two layers of parchment paper (one on the bottom, on top of your counter, and one on top of the dough, under the rolling pin) until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out cookies and VERY gently transfer to the prepared cookie sheets. If you have a small offset spatula, this will help A LOT!
- Bake until the edges are a deep golden brown and the top appears set, about 17 minutes (they firm up A TON once cooled.) Cool on the pan COMPLETELY.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 Cookie, based off recipe making 19 – will vary based off the size of your cookies)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!