Just wanted you to know that these fluffy gluten free gingerbread cake bars are sponsored by my friends over at Kalona Supernatural!
This Gingerbread Cake is fluffy and spicy-sweet. Naturally gluten free and topped with a creamy cheese frosting that is out of this world!
Pin Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake
I know, I know, I knowww you’re thinking you also need to make vegan sugar cookies, vegan snickerdoodles and even some whipped gluten free shortbread cookies and I am not going to tell you that you are WRONG because you can never have too many cookies at Christmas.
But these gingerbread cake bars? They, well, take the CAKE.
They are spicy and sweet and soft and fluffy and are topped with a THICK layer of cream cheese frosting that is just the icing on the CAKE.
Okay, stopping with the cake puns now. You know I can’t stop myself when puns are around.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake Ingredients
The ingredient list looks very similar to the gluten free gingerbread muffins because gingerbread uses some main ingredients that no matter WHAT you cannot NOT use them and still call it a gingerbread recipe. You’ll need to round up:
- Oat flour
- Ginger and cinnamon
- Baking powder and salt
- Coconut sugar
- Molasses (KEY ingredient)
- Coconut oil
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Kalona Supernatural Vanilla Kefir!
Yep, that’s right! Just like the healthy gluten free chocolate chip muffins and healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars, we’re having a festive little probiotic party with Kalona Supernatural this holiday season!
Crazy for Kefir
What I love about Kalona Supernatural is that their products are simple, but high quality, so you can feel good about the products that you are choosing to use in the recipes that you feel your family!
They work with small family and their kefir meets these standards
- Grade A
- USDA Certified Organic
- Kosher Certified
Simple. Quality. DELICIOUS.
Seriously, you taste the difference when you pour yourself a glass. Their kefir is SO rich and creamy and just a little bit sweet to combat the natural tangy that kefir has,
Honestly, you’ll probably even taste the difference when your hungry little teeth sink into a fluffy gluten free gingerbread cake bar!
How to Make Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake
Mix the flour, spices and baking powder and salt in a small bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well mixed.
Pour into a parchment lined and greases 8×8 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-38 minutes. Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY
Slather on the thick frosting (I think an offset spatula helps a lot here) and then cut them into squares and EAT
Just going to warn you right now: you probably have every good intention to make these for your next Christmas party or get together, but let’s just do some real talking:
Once you taste the fluffy, spicy-sweet combination that dances across your taste buds, you and I both know that these aren’t even going to leave your house.
Hope your party people like store bought cookies!
Other Healthy Holiday Treats
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake
For the frosting:
- 4 Oz Full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Kalona Supernatural Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar, sifted.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, spraying the sides with spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk all the other ingredients except the frosting ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-28 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY.
- Once cool, use an electric hand mix to beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in the icing sugar a little bit at a time while beating until well mixed.
- Spread over the cake and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon (if desired)
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT KALONA SUPERNATURAL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: 9 FREESTYLE POINTS: POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 5
(per cake bar, based on the recipe making 16)