Just wanted you to know that these healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars are sponsored by my friends over at Kalona Supernatrual!
These kid approved Oatmeal Breakfast Bars taste like a PB and J but in chewy, oatmeal form! Great for breakfast, snacks or prepping ahead!
PIN Healthy Soft Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Is there really anything better than a PB and J?
Honestly, I could eat one for every meal.
You guys already know I have a love for breakfast bar. Healthy peanut butter oatmeal breakfast bars, cookie dough oatmeal breakfast bars or pumpkin oatmeal breakfast bars – none are safe. But this recipe? It might just take the cake.
As you guys ALSO know that I am 100% a texture freak and these bars are checking ALL the boxes when it comes to the perfect baked-good texture. They’re a little bit dense, but in the crazy-addicting, super chewy and basically perfect kind of way. Plus, they have little flecks of wholesome oats that add another texture-y goodness layer.
THEN, there are those swirls of sticky and sweet strawberry jelly that gets all up on your taste buds and the combination is pure breakfast BLISS!
You have probably had some oatmeal bars from the store that you love, and these healthy oatmeal bars are VERY similar except homemade and made with a few better-for-you simple ingredients!
Sugar: Instead of using refined sugar, like in the store-bought variety, we’re using a mix of coconut sugar and honey. Both are delish and sweet but unrefined and will leave you feeling happy and healthy!
Peanut Butter: Instead of using an oil, we’re using a good-for-you fat that is both nutritious and delicious and add so much peanut butter FLAVOR to this oatmeal breakfast bars recipe!
Protein Powder: I am a big believer in getting enough protein (you can check out 20 high protein breakfast recipes or how to increase protein intake 15 ways) and using protein powder as some of the flour is an easy way to add protein and flavor
I introduced you to Kalona Supernatural in the healthy gluten free chocolate chip muffins and in the healthy carrot bread, and now we’re swapping kefir into one of my favorite recipes – breakfast bars!
Kefir is an amazing thing to add to these soft oatmeal breakfast bars because it is cultured and is a probiotic beverage that helps increase the friendly bacteria in the digestive tract which helps your digestion. We definitely want to support our digestion throughout the day!
Kefir also contains large amounts of calcium which can build strong bones! Strong bones while I eat delicious food? SIGN ME UP.
Kefir is traditionally made by culturing milk with kefir grains, which are a mixture of bacteria and yeasts packed with protein and probiotics. Like yogurt, kefir has a tangy and acidic flavor! I love how it pairs with the sweet strawberry jam – it’s like a sweet and tart match made in heaven!
How to Freeze Soft Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
This healthy breakfast bar recipe is the perfect thing to make ahead and then freeze so you can grab and go for busy mornings!
- Let the bars cool to room temperature completely
- Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze
- Once the bars are frozen, place into an air-tight container and use within 3 months!
Starting your day strong with wholesome oats, heart healthy peanut butter and probiotic goodness to make your gut happy, healthy and satisfied!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Healthy Soft Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1 Cup Natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Cup Rolled old fashioned oatmeal (88g) gluten free if needed
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Oat flour (68g) gluten free if needed
- 1/4 Cup Powdered peanut butter (21g)
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla whey protein powder (22g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Kalona Supernatural Vanilla Kefir
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup Organic strawberry preserves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub a 8x8 inch baking pan with oil.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl melt the peanut butter and honey until smooth and melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the coconut sugar on top and let stand for 5 minutes.
- While the coconut sugar stands, mix the oats, oat flour, powdered peanut butter, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar and peanut butter mixture. Add in the kefir, egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until smooth. The mixture will thicken a lot.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until well combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the preserves evenly over top. Drop the remaining dough in little clumps over top of the preserves and then use a spatula to smooth out to cover the preserves.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (a little bit of preserves on the toothpick is fine!) which is about 30-35 minutes. Place a hot pad into your refrigerator and place the pan immediately on it in the fridge for 15 minutes. *
- After 15 minutes, return to the counter and let the bars cool in the pan completely.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT KALONA SUPERNATURAL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:10 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1 bar based off the recipe making 12)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!