This creamy, dairy free and vegan cauliflower soup is SO easy to make and great for cold nights! Naturally low carb, gluten free and healthy too!
PIN Vegan cauliflower soup
“DID YOU SAY CAULIFLOWER. NOOOOOOOOOOO”
After grilled cauliflower steak, baked cauliflower au gratin, mock cauliflower potato salad and cauliflower mashed potatoes I think that he had just sort of had ENOUGH with the cauliflower. And he was being extra dramatic about it.
But, you know that I LOVE me some cauliflower and so here we are. Again. And I’m sure we’ll be back here again soon ?
But, you know what? When he tasted this dairy free cauliflower soup he said “okayyyy, I actually like this” and then proceeded to go for another bowl!
Don’t you just love when you win marital spats? *happy dance*
Vegan Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
You will need a few very simple ingredients to make yourself some cauliflower soup for dinner tonight. You will need:
- Cauliflower (duh)
- Olive oil
- Veggie broth
- Cream cheese
How to make vegan cauliflower soup
Cut your cauliflower and onion, toss with olive oil and spread onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
Roast in a 400-degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown. You also want to roast a head of garlic for about 45 minutes.
Place the roasted cauliflower, onion and garlic into a high-powered blender, along with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy on the highest setting. If your blender has the “soup” function, I use that!
SRSLY. Making roasted cauliflower soup is THAT easy and it’s just soo flavorful you might not even believe it.
How to store vegan cauliflower soup
Once blended, you want to store your low carb cauliflower soup in an air-tighter container in the refrigerator. I had mine in there for about 1.5 weeks and it was still perfectly creamy and tasty!
What to serve with vegan cauliflower soup?
This soup isn’t really enough to be a heal on its own, so you want to serve it along something else to make it a complete meal. I love serving it with:
- Vegan sloppy joes with cauliflower. Because why not have more cauliflower?
- Quinoa crusted chicken with goat cheese
- Bacon wrapped sweet and sticky stuffed chicken breast
- Ranch baked Greek yogurt chicken
Also, weirdly, it makes an amazing creamy sauce. I’ve started mixing it with spaghetti squash and topping with a little grated parmesan cheese and it is one of my go tos! You can check out Instant Pot spaghetti squash if you need some tips on how to cook yours!
It’s the kind of simple soup that is just perfect for a cold fall day because it makes you feel like you’re wearing a cozy, fall sweater. BUT, it’s secretly packed with veggies and goodness that is going to rock your body from the inside out.
You know how they say, “chicken soup for the soul?”
I’m thinking we’re about to change that to cauliflower soup for the soul!
Other Healthy Soup Recipes
Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- High powered blender
- 1 Head of garlic
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp Olive oil
- 10 Lightly Heaping Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets (one medium head that is 2 lbs 10 oz)
- 1/2 Large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt, divided
- 4 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth (not reduced sodium!)
- 4 Tbsp Full fat cream cheese (dairy free or regular works!)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top of the garlic head off, exposing the cloves and peeling away any of the papery skin. Place the garlic, cut-side up, on top of a double layer of tinfoil. Rub 1 tsp of the olive oil into the garlic. Fold the tinfoil over top to create a little packet over the garlic, making sure it's closed tightly. Place on a small baking sheet and bake until the garlic is tender, about 40-45 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower and the onion in a large bowl and toss with 3 Tbsp of the olive oil and 3/4 tsp of the salt. Divide evenly between two baking sheets.
- Bake until tender and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Once everything has roasted, place the cauliflower, onion, and HALF the head of garlic* into a high powdered blender. Add in the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt, the broth and the cream cheese and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste the soup, adjust any salt and add more garlic if you wish.
- SLURP UP!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 cup of soup based on the recipe making 6 cups)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!