Learn how to cook Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash! It’s super quick and easy, great for meal prep and low carb, gluten free, vegan and whole30 too!
PIN Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti but WITHOUT the noodles
I’m VRY VRY into it right now.
I think that is probably the ONE silver lining of Mr. FFF not living with me during the week: I can make whatever I LOVE for dinner. He does not like ANY kind of squash and I’m over here dreaming about swimming around in a bowl of kabocha squash soup.
So, it works. See also: not actually having to make ANY dinner is nice. I am one of those people that could grab the most random assortments of foods (spinach with a brownie and some smoked salmon? WHY NOT) and be totally happy with my food eating life.
Mr. FFF, on the other hand, he likes “real meals.”
But, I digress. You didn’t come here to learn about our meal preferences. You came to learn how to make pressure cooker spaghetti squash!
YEUUUP. Not only can you make chili in the Instant Pot, you can actually cook your spaghetti squash. No longer do you have to wait for over an hour to cook it in the oven. This is a GAME CHANGER for meal prep and, really, just for anytime you want spaghetti squash but are HANGRY RIGHT NOW.
How to cook Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
1. Cut your spaghetti squash in half widthwise
2. Scrape out the seeds from the squash and discard them
3. Place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot and pour in 1 Cup of water
4.Place the squash in, cut-side up.
5. Close the lid, making sure it’s set to “sealing
6. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Check and see if it’s cooked to your liking. You made need another 2-3 minutes
7. Remove the squash from the Instant Pot and let cool
8. Use a fork to pull it into strands and EAT UP.
See? Spaghetti squash in the Instant pot is EZ PZ.
What can I make with my pressure cooker squash?
You could serve this spaghetti squash on its own as a noodle replacement! Just mix it up with some sauce or, my favorite, butter and salt (because, hi, I’m 5!)
OR, you could make some of these casseroles:
- Healthy Chicken Noodle Casserole with Spaghetti Squash
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Spaghetti Squash
- BBQ Baked Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Hawaiian Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Chicken pesto spaghetti squash
- Spaghetti Squash Primavera
After reading that list, I’m wondering if I should change the blog name to FFFSSC or “Food Faith Fitness Spaghetti Squash Casserole”
What can I say? It’s just so noodley and versatile and GOOD.
You know what would not be good though? Chopping off your hand so BE CAREFUL when cutting it okay?
I worry about you guys.
But, I do not worry about your future dinner eating life because you and Instant Pot spaghetti squash are about to become new best friends.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash (about 2.5-3 lbs)
- 1 Cup Water
- Cut you spaghetti squash in half horizontally. Scrape out the seeds, making sure you don't scrape too much of the actual squash out.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Place the squash cut-side up into the Instant Pot. You may have to really squish them in.
- Cover the pot (make sure you set it to sealing) and cook on manual high pressure for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of your squash, and how tender you like it. I recommend starting with 5 minutes and then cooking for a few more minutes if needed.
- Do an instant steam release and open the lid. Test your squash to see if it pulls into tender strands. If not, add a few more minutes. If it does, you're ready to go!
- Pull into strands and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 0 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 2
(Per 1 whole squash – 2.5 pounds)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!