Just wanted to let you know that is dunk-able, sweet and spicy healthy ginger snap recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
This easy, sweet and spicy paleo healthy ginger cookies has notes of rich coffee! They’re the perfect healthy, gluten free cookie for the Holidays!
Usually, I try to not yell at you in excitement on Monday mornings.
BUT COFFEE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT GINGER SNAPS.
You GUYS. The only way to do justice to such insane amount of snappy, sweet and spicy ULTIMATE cookie perfection is with CAPS LOCK in F-U-L-L force.
Plusplusplus!!! There’s coffee in these cookies. Which means, like last monthly pumpkin spice latte vegan crepe cake, these crunchy bites of Holiday-flavored deliciousness are pretttyyyyy much BEGGING YOU to be eaten in the wee hours of the morning when your brain isn’t quite connected with the whole “gotta adult and live a real-person-working life” thoughts that will eventually swirl around in your morning brain.
*Insert musical notes emoji* the best part of waking up is coffee in your…COOKIE.
Better yet? Dunk coffee flavored, crunchy cookies INTO your morning coffee. Coffee times 2? #Winning.Addicting spicy-sweet #Paleo Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Ginger Snaps for #Christmas! @AmorettiFoodsClick To Tweet
And it’s, liiiiike SUPER, SUPER TASTY and makes ah-MAY-zing pecan pie paleo cookies.
THIS MONTH, we’re keepin’ up with the holiday cookie theme and giving the classic Christmas treat a run for its money. In the sense that we’re making this ginger snaps recipe M-O-R-E full of tasty, yummy, COZY feelings AND NUTRITION.
These are not anything like last year’s healthy ginger snap recipe OR healthy ginger snap recipe with caramel and apple. These are the kind of cookies that your ace testers (my husband’s coworkers) tell you are the BEST things you’ve ever made, the ladies at the grocery story (they know me by name, and I bring them food) tell you that they will PAY you to make them AND the kind of cookies that you make a TRIPLE batch of at once…
But somehow, SOME WAY, all 72 cookies are gone WITHIN THE WEEK (read: 3 days.)
I know nothing about how that happened though. I assume my 5 lb dog somehow got a ladder, climbed into my freezer and ate them all.
Isn’t that what dogs are for? Blaming them when you don’t want to own up to what you’ve done?
Maybe that’s just me though.
EITHER WAY. IF we’re doing Christmas math, these are epic to the power of 100 because we’re using Amoretti’s crazy-addicting, purely delicious Hazelnut Flour, mixing it with COFFEE (<3 <3 <3) and then dunking that combination of food nirvana into CHOCOLATE.
Side note. Amoretti does also make a variety of Hazelnut Chocolate spreads. Soooooo, yes. You should try those too.
More Christmas math comin’ at ya: chocolate + hazelnut = everything you could ever dream about. Divide that by COFFEE?
Crunchy, cozy, healthy ginger snap recipe BLISS.
In other news: can we just talk about the SNAP. Did you HEAR it in the video? If you’re looking for a snappy homemade ginger snaps, then you’re gonna get super excited about these. It’s not one of those lackluster snaps that kind of leaves your inner ginger-snap-aficionado MEGA disappointed.
This snap is going to give you warm and fuzzies allll the way from your taste buds to your tippie toes.
Spicy cinnamon, warm ginger, toasty hazelnuts, sweet chocolate AND energy bumpin’ coffee.
The cozy Christmas cookie vibes are definitely in the air with this healthy ginger snap recipe.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Chocolate Hazelnut Healthy Ginger snap Recipe with Coffee
Perfect for Christmas!
- 3 Oz Dark chocolate melted
- 1/4 Cup Toasted hazelnuts finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together 1 cup of the coconut sugar (reserving the rest for later,) the coconut oil, molasses and egg white until well combined.
- Add in the hazelnut flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coffee, ginger, cinnamon and salt and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the remaining 2 Tbsp of coconut sugar into a shallow plate. Roll the dough into 1 Tbsp balls, then roll around in the coconut sugar.
- Place the cookie dough ball onto the prepared cookie sheet and gently press out to about 1/2 inch thick. **
- Bake the until the cookies are just lightly brown on the edges, about 17 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a cookie sheet to cool completely. Note that your cookies will feel really soft just out of the oven, but they firm up a lot once cooled!
- Once cooled, dunk half of the front-side of each cookie (I don't put any chocolate on the back side of cookie) in the melted chocolate and press the end in the toasted hazelnuts. ***
- Let the chocolate harden and DEVOUR!
*Please weigh your flours to ensure perfect results!
**If you can't fit both sheets in the oven at once, leave the second one out at room temperature.
*** You can toast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Make sure to check out all their awesome nut flours here!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!