These easy, 6 ingredient Healthy No Bake Cookies with Coconut Oil have addicting spicy-sweet flavors from turmeric and chocolate chips! A paleo, vegan and gluten free treat!
Pin Healthy No Bake Cookies with Coconut Oil
Sunny stacks of spicy-sweet and chewy coconut yumminess.
Do you guys ever just throw ingredients into your food because you know they’re nourishing and then, while you’re mixing, you’re just saying prayers under your breath in hopes that it will somehow turn out magically yum, and fufill all your desired to be a VRY VRY healthy person who also gets to eat good food AT THE SAME TIME?
I think I just described my all-day-long-every-day life to you. *laughing/crying emoji HERE.*
Especially when it comes to turmeric.
Real life confession: the lemon turmeric vegan cheesecake, healthy banana muffins with turmeric, turmeric oat flour bread and now THESE turmeric healthy no bake cookies with coconut oil, all really came down to a little “hope and pray” action.
I’m pretty sure that turmeric is no longer as trendy and hip as it was it was in 2017. Now everyone is eating matcha and collagen. <– which you can also do with some matcha vegan no bake date energy protein balls and zucchini bread, if you want to be CURRENT.
But, I’m still just over here in the corner happily popping these anti-inflammatory, CHEWY coconut cookies, swirling with sweet chocolate, creamy almond butter and that wake-you-up PUNCH of warm turmeric into my cookie munchin’ mouth.
NO SHAME IN MY NOT TRENDY COOKIE EATING GAME.
And, there would be N-O-N-E in yours either.
These SUPER simple cookies without flour are the kind of thing you whip together when you don’t have a lot of time, but you’re really needing something a little sweet, but also are trying to supply your body with wholesome foods and good-for-you fats.
Which means they’re the kind of thing that you whip up pretty much every day forever and ever the end.
Unless you’re a person who has infinite amounts of time on their hands and also likes eating bland chicken and vegetables instead of cookies to get your healthy-food fix.
You rock that cardboard food, girlfriend.
We’ll all just be over here eating your share of this no bake cookies with coconut recipe.
The original plan was to create a spin off of the no bake white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, with a little bit of a grain free switch-er-oo. But then “Taylor brain” got a little too excited about throwing things into the bowl and these healthy no bake cookies with coconut oil eneded up looking not that like that at all.
Not one bit mad about it though.
The crispy-coconut base cozies up with sticky-sweet honey and gives these VIBRANT orange cookies this SRSLY addicting chewy texture.
It’s kind of like a coconut macaroon. If said macaroon went and partied at a disco all night LONG.
You know, because all of the crazy, COLORFUL, additions we’ve got going on here like:
- Zesty turmeric
- Lusciously-dreamy almond butter
- Crispy mini chocolate chips in EVERY BITE.
The only thing missing in our disco cookies is SPARKLES. Which you could totally add if that’s your thing.
A little spicy? Check. A little sweet? YEP.
Annnnd, a little crispy-chewy-sticky action to please even the most HARDCORE of texture freaks on this planet we call Earth.
On the topic of healthy things that taste good, they’re going to be everything you ever dreamed of.
Healthy No Bake Cookies with Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut, turmeric and sea salt.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of the almond butter, along with the coconut oil and microwave until smooth and melted. Whisk together.
- Pour the oil mixture, along with the honey onto the coconut flakes and mix well, it will be quite moist.
- Microwave the additional Tbsp of almond butter until it JUST begins to melt - you want it to still be thick and not liquid - only 5-10 seconds or so. Stir it into the coconut flakes until well mixed and the flakes begin to stick together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down so the mixture is all packed together at the bottom of the bowl and refrigerate until the coconut oil begins to firm up, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once firm, TIGHTLY pack the coconut flakes into a cookie scoop (or 1 Tbsp measure) and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Drizzle with additional chocolate, if desired, and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6. Points+: 3. Old Points: 3
(per 1 cookie)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!