These Gingerbread Dairy Free Paleo Cheesecake Bars are SO creamy and spicy-sweet! A vegan friendly, healthy and gluten free dessert for the holidays!
Pin Gingerbread Dairy Free Paleo Cheesecake Bars
The other day someone asked me how I liked my coffee.
Without even batting ONE EYEBALL, my mouth said “inside some spicy-sweet and SOSO cozy paleo cheesecake bites of BLISS.
I think they were expecting a normal-person answer like “black” or “with a RIDICULOUS amount of stevia.” <– The latter might not be totally normal-person, but it IS how I like my actual CUP of coffee, just in case your wondering hearts were, well, wondering.
They were VRY VRY confused until these creamy-dreamy-layers of compl-EATLY dairy AND lactose free gingerbread bars were explained. It’s a little something like this:
- A foundation of crispy-crunchy GOODNESS that is comprised of a coconut flour crust, swirling with fall-perfect-flavors. This also happens to be where our granulated coffee friend? MAKING ITS DELICIOUS DEBUT.
- Velvety smooth and RIDICULOUSLY rich “cheesecake,” that, just like the best healthy gluten free gingerbread muffins and mango gluten free gingerbread cake, is mish-mashing with the sticky-sweet gingerbread flavors of molasses, lots and lots of ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
Cozy fall feels for your face? ON POINT.
There is, in fact, MORE coffee speckling the layer of tasty, creamy paleo cheesecake. Considering there are not one, BUT TWO, layers of rich coffee taste in these bars, I feel VRY VRY okay telling people that THESE are how I “like my coffee.”
Now that everything has been broken down and explained, I can see you jumping on board the eating-your-coffee train RIGHT ALONG WITH ME.
I mean, do you remember the gingerbread gluten free biscotti? Coffee and gingerbread are a match made in heaven. Two peas in a pod. One of them is the peanut butter to the other’s one’s JELLY.
How many more clichés can we fit? Let’s not find out.
So, how do you make gingerbread dairy free paleo cheesecake bars?
- It starts with a base of cashew cream. To make this, let cashews (I like roasted) sit in water OVERNIGHT until nice and soft. Then, drain them and blend with other liquid, such as the almond milk we are using here.
- Add a binder to suck all of that cashew cream tightly together. I also wanted to make you a vegan cheesecake, so we’re using flax eggs and applesauce for the VRY VRY necessary binding qualities.
- Add a LITTLE bit of liquid coconut oil. Since coconut oil is hard when it’s cold, this helps really set the cheesecake as it chills.
- Bake until the cheesecake just begins to rise – NO MORE. This gives you ULTIMATE levels of creamy-dreaminess.
Fun facts about these cozy bites of cheesecake YUM: they were actually inspired by last year’s mint chocolate cashew cream no bake bars. I had E-V-E-R-Y intention of making these no bake paleo cheesecake bars, but Mr. FFF? He had WORDS about that. And NOT GOOD ONES.
“You can’t make FROZEN Gingerbread Dairy Free Paleo Cheesecake Bars. You can’t make FROZEN cheesecake when it’s cold outside. You can’t make FROZEN coffee in the winter. And you call yourself a real food blogger with these silly notions?”
The last sentence might have been made up – but he DID say the rest. Apparently gingerbread and cold, unlike coffee, are NOT 2 peas in a pod.
Sometimes I wish he would just let me be, you know? But, without him and his taste buds that can “taste healthy” much better than mine, you guys would have been victim to the Great Cauliflower Brownie Fiasco of 2016.
You don’t even want to know.
Anyway. Baked gingerbread cheesecake bars because, apparently, it is the right thing to do with your dessert-making lives.
Other things that are right to do with your lives:
Cozy up to a nice warm fire with a comfy blanket and a good book. Then, pour yourself a steaming hot cup of Joe and MUNCH your way through a couple of creamy gingerbread cheesecake bars.
Or, at least use your imagination to pretend that is your REAL-PERSON LIFE while your crazy-family runs wild around your house this holiday season.
I also share the gingerbread coffee vegan cheesecake bars recipe on Food Fanatic, so be sure to check them out there!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 10 POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 5
(per 1 bar)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!