These easy mint chocolate cashew cream no bake bars are so creamy and only have 7 ingredients! They’re a healthy, vegan and paleo friendly dessert for the holidays!
Creamy, minty, icy, and CHOCOLATE OH MY.
It’s about to happen in your mouth.
And, if my hypothesis (using a big word for the day quota MET) is correct, I think you’re going to RLY RLY like it.
You can’t be mad at anything Christmas-y. Unless you’re the Grinch.
But, I bet even he would like these. Because they’re green.
So, he would relate to them.
ANYWAY. These bars are heavy on the velvety-smooth-creamy vibes and light on the bad-for-you-icky-unhealthy vibes. Mostly because they’re made of very S-I-M-P-L-E ingredients like REAL, SUPERfresh mint, roasty cashews and chewy, sweet dates. <– <3 <3 <3
My date love? STRONG.
But you know this. We discussed that when we discovered you could use them to thicken Moroccan roasted acorn squash soup.[clickToTweet tweet=”#Vegan & #Paleo 7 Ingredient No-Bake Mint Chocolate Cashew Bars are the ultimate #holiday treat!” quote=”#Vegan & #Paleo 7 Ingredient No-Bake Mint Chocolate Cashew Bars are the ultimate #holiday treat!” theme=”style2″]
P.s still freaking out over that knowledge.
To paint the full-food picture in your mind, these dreamy bites of holiday flavored goodness basically taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream, sandwiched between a soft and sweet crust and then slathered with a layer of ULTRA thin, ULTRA CRISPY, decadent chocolate.
You remember that mint chocolate green smoothie from last year that I told you was totally like drinking mint chocolate chip ice cream?
BUT, in my defense, I did not know that I was lying to you until my taste buds tingled RIGHT DOWN TO MY TIPPY TOES as minty freshness, sweet bursts of crunchy, frozen chocolate and glorious swirls of rich cashew cream sauce came onto the scene.
THIS is allowed to be compared to ice cream my peeps out there in internet land. I pinky promise this time.
Can we also just take a moment to revel in the fact that we only need approximately 1.5 hands to count the ingredients that you’ll need to make those mint cashew bars thoughts, that I know are swirling around in your head, go !!POOF!! and turn into an actual real-life
happening in your, well, real life?
7 INGREDIENTS. EASY INGREDIENTS. That you probably already have.
Well, you might need to buy a few extra cashews. Unless you’re a nut hoarder like me.
SRLSY. I have a “nut basket” in my pantry.
If the zombie apocalypse ever happens. You know where to find me.
Zombies = green = mint = how my brain went from frozen treats to zombies. You get it.
On that note: GREEN. Liiiike, RLY RLY RLY (naturally say wha!) green colored prettiness is happening right now thanks to fresh mint.
Sidenote: have you ever opened a container of mint chocolate chip ice cream, only to discover that it is NOT green, but it is white!?
TOTALLY don’t trust it right?!
Maybe that’s just me.
Either way. We’re doing the REAL deal here. No mistrust. No non-colored weirdness. Just pure, natural, vibrant fresh GREEN for our perfectly pepperminty bars of Christmas food BLISS.
P.s Before you even think it, do NOT try to spread the chocolate over the whole pan before cutting. Your chocolate will harden, and you will smush ALL the bars in the attempt to break through it while slicing. This will lead to flat, ugly, MASHED UP bars and a LOT of not-pretty, cracked chocolate.
Which might even CRACK YOUR HEART.
I’m pretty convinced that if you follow the above cardinal rule of frozen-chocolate-covered-bar-making, you’re going to agree with me that mint + chocolate + creamy cashews are a match made in food heaven.
Mint Chocolate Cashew Cream No Bake Bars
For the crust:
- 2/3 Cup Roasted Cashews * 93g
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped Medjool dates loosely packed (70g or about 5 dates)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Water
For the middle layer
- 4 Oz Dark Chocolate
- Place the cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumble. Add in the dates and cocoa powder, and pulse until combined and the mixture begins to form a crumbly dough.
- Transfer the a bowl and add in the water. Use your hands to work the dough until it sticks together.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of a parchment lined 8x8 inch pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place into the freezer while you make the cream.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them, along with the mint, almond milk, honey, peppermint extract and a pinch of salt, into a large, high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the cream to a medium bowl and place into the refrigerator until it cools, about 30 minutes. This is so the chocolate doesn't melt when you stir it in.
- Once cooled, stir in the minced chocolate and then pour the cream over the chilled crust and spread out evenly. Place into the freezer to fully set, at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once frozen, place the chocolate into a microwave-safe container and microwave on half power using 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and creamy. Pour the melted chocolate into a shallow, rimmed plate.
- Remove the bars from the pan and slice into squares. Quickly dunk the tops of each bar into the melted chocolate and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place into the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Vegan mint bars from around the web:
Avocado Mint Cream Bars – EatGood4Life
No-Bake Andes Mint Bars – Detoxinista
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!