Just wanted to let you know that these adorable chocolate no bake peppermint cheesecake cups are sponsored by my friends over at Silk!
These No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Cups are a gluten, grain and dairy free dessert with no sugar added! A healthy, vegan friendly holiday treat!
PIN Chocolate No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Cups
WITH crunchy, minty CANDY CANES.
I’ll give you a sec to create that mental picture in your Christmas-loving noggin’.
Okay. You there? Good.
SO COZY RIGHT?
If that whole scene doesn’t scream “HELLO HOLIDAYS” at you, then I just don’t really know how to help you. You probably need to eat a few of these chocolate no bake peppermint cheesecake cups to REALLY feel the mental-picture MAGIC.
Internet friends, I can’t even hide my excitement for these adorable little cups of mint chocolate LOVE.
This recipe for peppermint cheesecake first started as, well, a CHEESECAKE in the sense that I made it in one round springform pan like last year’s mint gluten free cheesecake, minus the baking.[clickToTweet tweet=”Everyone will love these #vegan No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Cups this Holiday Season! @LoveMySilk” quote=”Everyone will love these #vegan No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Cups this Holiday Season! @LoveMySilk” theme=”style2″]
Mostly because my oven is on ALL THE TIME during the holiday baking season, and I’ve got spiced paleo cookies coming out of my ears, so improvising something that requires no heat? NECESSARY.
How-EV-er, this dairy free cheesecake was not QUITE firm enough for this not-so-innovative-innovation. It held up SORT of when cut, but didn’t have the FIRMNESS that my inner chocolate mint cheesecake obsessed SOUL wanted it to have, you know?
However, the TASTE? This is where I insert that red “100” emoji about ELEVENTY BILLION TIMES.
Dairy free cream cheese + the perfect amount of sweetness from the monkfruit + that POP of peppermint = sealin’ the deal ALL UP IN MY MOUTH.
Just as everything seemed like it could not get ANY BETTER, a wave of creamy vanilla Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative SWEPT across my tongue.
Dead you guys. Taste buds were DEAD.
Liiike, dead-because-delicious. <– GOOD THINGS.
I foraged on into the land of no bake cheesecakes, put on my “thinking hat” (I don’t actually have one. Just FYI, if you were trying to image what that might look like. It’s hypothetical.) and came to the conclusion that single-serve mini peppermint bark cheesecake was WHERE IT’S AT.
Plus, who doesn’t like mini desserts?
- They’re SO CUTE.
- You can eat more because they’re small
- No need to let these chocolate no bake peppermint cheesecake cups sit overnight which means MUCH LESS time between your face and EATING.
All people of the world who want dessert RIGHT NOW said YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I feel like you’re looking at the delicate, thin, chocolatey cup and thinking “I can barely even cook toast Taylor, how do you think I can make this a reality in my real-person life?”
Just kidding. I bet you make toast better than I do. That’s one of those simple things that I suck at. I usually start doing eleventy billion other things, forget to check on said toast, and then it’s BURNT.
And, worse, COLD.
However, I have faith in your epic-holiday-dessert-making-skills my friend. You CAN make these chocolate no bake peppermint cheesecake cups.
Real talk: the chocolate cup, although it looks UBER fancy, is STUPID easy to make.
If you can melt chocolate (you can) and if you can use a paintbrush (if I can, you can) then YOU will be the master of the chocolate cup.
You’ll probably be chocolate-cupping E’RYTHANG by the time we’re done here.
Which is, UHHHH, RN.
Your next steps:
- Buy a paintbrush. Feel very “artsy” and CHIC while doing so.
- Get over any bad art class experiences of your youth. People, we’re painting with CHOCOALTE. You can DO IT.
- End with creamy-dreamy, pepperminty and perfectly vanilla flavored cheesecake tickling your Holiday-flavored-food loving taste buds.
Like I said. ALL GOOD THINGS.
For the cheesecake:
- 3 Packages of dairy-free cream cheese, softened to room temperature (8 oz each)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Erythritol Sweetener
- 1 Container Vanilla Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
For the chocolate cups:
- 8 Oz Dairy-free dark chocolate* Read notes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Crushed candy canes, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sweetener until well combined.
- Add in the yogurt and peppermint and blend until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours.
To make the cups:
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt using 30 second intervals and 50% power, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Use a small paintbrush and brush the chocolate in the center, and up the sides, of 12 muffin liners. It doesn't have to be perfect as you'll be doing more coats. Place the liners into a muffin tin, so they keep their shape, and freeze until form - about 5-8 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you've used all the chocolate and the cups have some thickness. **READ NOTES Freeze until totally hard.
- Once firm, gently peel away the paper liners. Once you get a good piece, they come off super easy!
- Pipe the set cheesecake into the chocolate cups and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. ***
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Want to find this yogurt near you? (You do!) then CLICK HERE to use their store locator and CLICK HERE for an awesome coupon!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 12 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1 – not including candy canes)