Just wanted you give ya a heads up that this pizza-flavored deliciousness is sponsored by my friends over at Fred Meyer!
This kid-friendly easy baked spaghetti squash casserole tastes like a Hawaiian pizza but with only 250 calories and without all the carbs! It’s a healthy, gluten free dinner that the whole family will love!
This is the kind of recipe you make when your husband has been gone for a week.
And you happen to know that he L-OOOOO-V-E-S Hawaiian Pizza.
So, you want to surprise him by having something you KNOW he will love – hello PIZZA flavored yumminess – steaming hot and at the ready for his hungry-traveling-face when he walks in the door.
You’re probably in the same boat here.
EXCEPT, when aforementioned hubby’s feet enter the vicinity of the place you call “home” he goes “but you know anything with dairy hurts my stomach!”
Oh….whoops. Did that fun-fact about the man that I spend EVERY SINGLE day with, and love VERY dearly, suddenly just – BLIP – leave MY MIND?
OR maybe the secret inner workings of the super-selfish-and-equally-pizza-loving person that I am had it ALL PLANNED OUT.
Make pizza –> Pretend to be SUPER ACE GOLD STAR winning wife of the year when husband comes home –> “OH MY GOSH, I have been so busy creating all kinds of food this week that I somehow forgot you would only be able to eat ONE slice without feeling sick” –> GUESS I GOTTA EAT IT ALL MYSELF.Have the pizza taste without the carbs in a #Lowcarb Hawaiian Spaghetti Squash Casserole! @FredMeyerClick To Tweet
Don’t lie. We’ve all been there. #NoShame.
And this kind of dinner scheming is SO appropriate when it comes to a mish-mash of ooey-gooey cheesy yumminess, tender roasted spaghetti squash with bursts of salty ham, sweet pineapple and that tomato saucy yum that just GETS YOU.
Spaghetti squash casserole that tastes like pizza without the carbs, AND only 250 calories? Current champion of my delicious-healthy-dinner-loving HEART.
Last week we talked about how to make grocery shopping easier by using ClickList to get your groceries online. This combination that can only be described as the ultimate of weeknight dinner BLISS was created using what I ordered through ClickList! FUN.
When looking back through the blog I realized that I have a spaghetti squash casserole addiction. It’s basically the only way that we’ve eaten it. We’ve had spaghetti squash casserole: chicken noodle style, spaghetti squash casserole with pretzels and honey mustard and even BBQ chicken spaghetti squash casserole. What can I say? My inner being wants to spag squash casserole ALL the things.
Side note: am I the only one that calls it “spag squash?” Auto correct always has really good times with that one.
Do you ever just realize that your brain thinks in really weird patterns? This is THAT TIME FOR ME. Like, why can’t I just make a normal-person recipe how a normal-person would normally make it YOU KNOW?
Except, this pizza-fied casserole? NOT MAD ONE BIT about its lack not being real pizza-ness.
Peeps, we’re hitting a HIGHHHHH “get in my mouth RIGHT NOW” on a scale of 1 to 10 with this casserole. It’s got EVERY.SINGLE deliciously crave-able, addictively-cheese flavor BOMB that you get when a steaming box arrives at your door on Friday night.
EXCEPT not all the calories, not all the fat and NOT all the carbs.
It’s the kind of thing that makes all people of the world who love pizza, but also really like feeling healthy and making good-for-you-food-choices super happy about all things FOOD.
So, liiike, pretty much E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E of the world.
Which means you.
Which means you + cheesy, saucy, pizza-flavored tasty yumminess = REALLY good ideas happening right now.
Hawaiian Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Slice the squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Rub the insides with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the squash, cut-side up until fork tender, about 45-55 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place a large colander over a bowl and line the inside of the colander with paper towel. Scrape the squash out of the shell and place it into the colander to absorb some of the moisture. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pizza sauce, tomato paste, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Using another paper towel, press the top of the squash to really get all the moisture out. Then, dump it into the bowl with the tomato mixture. Add in 2/3 cup of the cheese and stir until well mixed.
- Rub a 9x9 inch pie plate with olive oil and then place half of the squash mixture into it, pressing out flat and evenly.
- Place 7 of the ham slices onto the spaghetti squash in a single layer. Place the rest of the squash into the pie plate and gently press out evenly to cover the ham.
- Bake until the squash feels set, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the middle and the squash, leaving the edge to free to look like crust. Then, rip up the remaining ham slices and sprinkle them on top. Finally, sprinkle on the pineapple tid-bits.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FRED MEYER. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!