Just wanted you to letchu know that these delicious sprouts are sponsored by my friends over at Better Body Foods!
These salty-sweet superfood roasted Brussels sprouts are tender, crispy and have a surprise pomegranate crunch! They’re the perfect, paleo-friendly healthy Thanksgiving side!
I truly apologize for the moments in my uneducated youth where I told you that I disliked you because you looked like strange mini cabbages, and you would never EVER enter anywhere around the vicinity of my mouth.
YOU GUYS. You are witnessing a very real conversation that happen in my brain-land MANY MANY YEARS AGO.
What I am trying to say is: this veggie-loving gal? HATED all things of the growing-in-the-ground variety. And add on a SECOND helping of hatred for Brussels sprouts.
Or, as I also lovingly referred to them: Grandpa food.
And then, ya know, I actually tried them.
Let’s just change that thought to a SECOND helping of roasted Brussels sprouts for me please!
Real talk though: I know you’ve been in the position of uppity-food-judger person. If it doesn’t make your eyeballs light up with rainbows and hearts and stars (read: if the food item ain’t pretty) then you turn your nose up at it and deem it just NO.
I feel you.
But, my dear friends in internet land. It is the season of Thanksgiving side dishes . Hello scalloped sweet potatoes and paleo sweet potato casserole! Or whatver other deliciouenss you can find on this Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Round-up from Allergylicious.
It’s also the season of usually-not-attractive-but-tastes-REALLY-REALLY-GOOD Brussels sprouts.
BUTBUTBUT, we don’t have to discuss their likeness to small, odd-looking cabbages anymore because this bowl of crispety, tender veggies is strutting its stuff down the vegetable CATWALK YO’. I mean, have you ever seen some veggie-licious-ness look as STUNNING as what your eyeballs are peepin’ RIGHT NOW?
There’s deep, jewel-toned pomegranate seeds (liiike, pretty AND crunchy-crunchy texture goals YES PLEASE), vibrant red-skinned juicy, roasty-toasty apples that, like last week’s apple raisin easy gluten free stuffing, add the PERFECT sweet undertone to an otherwise savory dish of veggie tastiness.
Bacon might not be pretty, but it’s there FOR THE SALTY BURST OF YUM that is the ying to my yang.
Or something like that.
Or really…with my anything. I can feel the agreeing happening on your side of the screen right now.
Besides being easy on your peepers, this PRIMETIME Thanksgiving side dish is XTRA super easy on your waistline. <– Which we can’t say about too many things this time of year.
This bowl of goodness is doing the old 1-2 to your taste buds with a MEGA dose of superfoods in the form of not just crispy-crunchy pomegranates, but in velvety smooth Better Body Foods Omega Oil!
We’re talking a H-E-A-LT-Y fat PUNCH from Atlantic salmon….but with Z-E-R-O fishy smell or taste.
All the good-for-you vibes without any nasties rolling around your mouth? You gonna be like UH HUH UH HUH UH.
Ie: you’re gonna like it. Liiiiike, a lot.
It’s secret superfood nummies in your tummy that is going to keep you feelin’ good ALL T-Day long.
Superfood Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 Lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved length-wise (about 1 1/2 lbs before trimming)
- 2 Large apples roughly chopped (I used Fuji)
- 2 Tbsp Better Body Foods Omega Oil
- 3 Slices Hickory-smoked bacon
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Pre-heat you oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, apples and oil until well coated.
- Spread out in one layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet, being careful not to crowd the sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 10-15 minutes until the sprouts are lightly browned.
- While the sprouts/apples cook, heat a large frying pan to medium heat. Cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy, flipping once. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and press out any excess oil.
- Transfer the cooked sprouts to a large bowl. Crumble the bacon in and add in the pomegranate seeds and maple syrup.
- Toss to evenly mix and DEVOUR.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT BETTER BODY FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 3 Points+: 4. Old Points: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more paleo-friendly Thanksgiving sides: