PIN Oven Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Easy, 5 ingredient side dishes that taste like WHOA but take you ZERO time to make. Does it get any better than that?
Especially when there is bacon involved. Little flecks of perfectly smokey-crispy bacon nestled between golden brown tender-roasted sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and onion with a surprise pop of sweet, sweet maple syrup.
Seriously, might even like these better than tahini maple roasted sweet potatoes and you know I don’t mess around with tahini.
What do Brussels Sprouts taste like?
If you know me at all, you know that Brussels Sprouts are one of my most FAVE veggies. There are endless ways to prepare and enjoy them and I am just SUCH a fan! Think of them like mini cabbages, as the flavor is quite similar. They’ve got a savory, nutty flavor with a bit of crunch and some softness inside. However, the leaves are more delicate than those of a cabbage, so they will need a little extra love and care. The way you cook them is crucial in how they will taste! In my opinion, one of the best ways to bring out the best in Brussels Sprouts and to enhance their flavor is to roast them- like in this Baked Brussels Sprouts recipe. They are a must-have in my household this time of year!
Oven Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
You are going to LOVE eating your veggies when they taste like this! We’re going to dress them up a bit with some delicious rich maple syrup and add a bit of smoky, crisp bacon. Now let’s round up the ingredients and get started. For this recipe, you will need:
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Pompeian Robust Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- Hickory Smoked Bacon
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet by rubbing it with a generous amount of olive oil.
Prepare the Vegetables
You’ll want to trim up your Brussels Sprouts and halve them vertically. Toss them in oil and whatever other spices or sauces you desire (in this case, maple syrup, salt and pepper) and be sure that they are all evenly coated, but don’t overdo it on the oil. Spread the veggies evenly onto your oiled baking sheet and be sure not to crowd them to allow for even roasting!
Pop your pan of prepped veggies into the preheated oven. Let the brussels sprouts roast until they are fork tender and golden brown. Now all that’s left to do is serve them up and enjoy- these are seriously the BEST brussels sprouts!
How Long to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Oven
At 400 degrees, it should take approximately 25-30 minutes to roast your veggies, depending on how you like them! I like them a deep golden brown, so I usually let them roast closer to 30 minutes. Be sure to pull out the pan about 15 minutes in to stir around the veggies to ensure that they cook evenly. DELISH!
Or, if you want to use your air fryer, you can check out crispy air fryer brussels sprouts!
How long do cooked Brussels Sprouts last in the fridge?
Did you know that these Oven Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts also make delicious leftovers?? Once roasted, they keep well in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days. Simply store them in an air tight container or bowl covered in foil or plastic wrap, and pop them in the fridge! They can also be frozen (either raw or cooked) for up to 12 months.
Other Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
Oven Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Lbs Sweet Potato cut into 1 inch cubes (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1 1/2 Lbs Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved *
- 1 1/2 Cups Onion roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Pompeian Robust Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Strips thick-cut Hickory smoked bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and rub two large rimmed baking sheets with Olive oil. Additionally, cover another rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and lay a wire rack on top of it.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes, halved Brussels Sprouts and chopped onion in a very large bowl and toss with the Olive oil and maple syrup. Really make sure to mix well so all the vegetables are coated.
- Divide the veggies between the two oiled baking sheets, spreading out in a single layer, and trying not overcrowd the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the bacon on top the wire rack.
- Place all the sheets in the baking tray (you'll need to put one of the trays on the bottom rack of the oven) and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir around the veggies and swap the tray from the bottom rack with one of the top racks, for even cooking. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the veggies are fork tender and the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer all the veggies into a large bowl and crumble the bacon over top.
- Mix well and DEVOUR.
If you're not making these for a HUGE family holiday gathering, you can easy half the recipe - it's still the same cooking time!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 4 OLD POINTS: 3
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!